BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Track / Autocross / Dragstrip / Driving Techniques

04-21-2021, 08:36 AM   #221
DKJUN75
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3 Mineral White

Quote:
Originally Posted by inTgr8r View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by schwarzII_M3 View Post
I'm getting ready to install my BK mounts any chance you could provide me with your wiring harness details? Looks great!!!
It takes a bit of reading but everything is posted in this thread.
The connection info is in [COLOR="Blue"]this post[/COLOR].
If you take the yellow connector apart, there is no wire cutting required.

The switch circuit is just a simple on/off.
I've been looking at your pic for hours.
Looks like you have one brown wire connecting both end of the motor? And a split brown from the yellow case connects to pin 2 and 3?
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2021, 08:47 AM   #222
DKJUN75
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelse92 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKJUN75 View Post
I'm kinda stuck with electric sliders.
I'm using OE white and black motor plugs so I have a purple a blue and a yellow wire connected to the motor.
On the yellow box case I have one red replacing the original red and one yellow replacing the originally brown (8). There was another brown wire (13) but I don't know what to do with it.
Now I have no idea how to connect these to the window switch. Obviously red is going to pin 5 and I think purple goes to pin 1 and blue goes to pin 4 but I don't know what pin 2 and 3 are for. Instruction says ground from the yellow case goes to both 2 and 3 but how? Am I supposed to use both brown slots? Wouldn't that be using 3 spade connectors though? Also what to do with the yellow wire from the motor? Man I feel so dumb
I may still have some images saved on my phone from doing this project. Let me see if I can find them

EDIT: Ok here we go, maybe these can help see the harness we created and the wiring we used. I tried when splicing the new stuff in the use wires that matched in color. Sorry they are sideways.
Wow the final result is super clean!

It looks like you are connecting the yellow wire from the motor plug to one of the ground #13 on the power connector, and the other ground #8 splits into two wires and connect pin 2 and 3 on the switch? Then purple goes to pin 1 blue goes to pin 4 and lastly red from power #8 goes to switch pin 5
Appreciate 1
Kelse921131.50
      04-21-2021, 08:54 AM   #223
Kelse92
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Former e92 M3 Owner

Quote:

It looks like you are connecting the yellow wire from the motor plug to one of the ground #13 on the power connector, and the other ground #8 splits into two wires and connect pin 2 and 3 on the switch? Then purple goes to pin 1 blue goes to pin 4 and lastly red from power #8 goes to switch pin 5
Thanks! An I think that's correct! Sorry it's been awhile since I did this, the parts going to the e46 switch I tinkered with quite a bit to figure out which attached where iirc.

#ladydriven Heavy-spec M3 // KW Clubsports // AA x-pipe // Gintani muffler // Macht-Schnell intake // Gintani tune // OMP Seats // Too Many Apex Wheels // Stoptech ST-60 // Cobalt Friction brake pads
Appreciate 1
DKJUN7514.50
      04-21-2021, 09:14 AM   #224
DKJUN75
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Thanks! An I think that's correct! Sorry it's been awhile since I did this, the parts going to the e46 switch I tinkered with quite a bit to figure out which attached where iirc.
Awesome! I spent a lot of time trying to make sense of the ground wiring since the instructions were done on F87 seats I think, which looks more straight forward I think.
I will share here if it's a success
Appreciate 2
Kelse921131.50
CHSe92251.50
      04-21-2021, 02:57 PM   #225
DKJUN75
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Awesome! I spent a lot of time trying to make sense of the ground wiring since the instructions were done on F87 seats I think, which looks more straight forward I think.
I will share here if it's a success
Got it moving! My wiring sucks but still, happy it works now!
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
///Mobbin1478.00
CHSe92251.50
      04-21-2021, 02:59 PM   #226
DKJUN75
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Works!! Another question: what did you do with the blue and purple wire? They have a female disconnect on them but they are tiny I can't find the right size to plug into them
Appreciate 1
Kelse921131.50
      09-01-2021, 09:27 PM   #227
JustAnothaM4
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4 GTS

Garage List
2016 BMW M4 GTS  [0.00]
This thread was a huge help in installing Recaro Proxi XL w/ BK side mounts and oem manual sliders.
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
SYT_Shadow11479.50
///Mobbin1478.00
Kelse921131.50
      09-20-2021, 10:25 AM   #228
russiamutha
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, F80 M3

Does anyone know if e90 slider is same as e92 slider? I realize the seat base maybe different but wondering if the slider assembly would work on e92?
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2021, 09:09 PM   #229
roastbeef
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by russiamutha View Post
Does anyone know if e90 slider is same as e92 slider? I realize the seat base maybe different but wondering if the slider assembly would work on e92?
looks like its a different part number.
      09-20-2021, 10:17 PM   #230
derbo
Derbo Tuning
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by roastbeef View Post
Quote:
Fundamentally they bolt to the floor the same. The main difference is the seatbelt is bolted to the seat in the E90, where the E92 is bolted to the bottom of the B pillar.
Track Chat Discord: https://discord.gg/VsKbTyqBVj
SF Bay Area: DM For coding services
Appreciate 3
      09-21-2021, 12:16 AM   #231
russiamutha
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by derbo View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Fundamentally they bolt to the floor the same. The main difference is the seatbelt is bolted to the seat in the E90, where the E92 is bolted to the bottom of the B pillar.
Thank for the info! Im assuming belt receptacle bolt on the same side?

I ask because someone local has an e90 seat that is like to pick up and dissect, keep the rail and junk the rest.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2021, 09:51 AM   #232
derbo
Derbo Tuning
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by derbo View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Thank for the info! Im assuming belt receptacle bolt on the same side?

I ask because someone local has an e90 seat that is like to pick up and dissect, keep the rail and junk the rest.
The outer side bolts to the seat on the e90. Not my picture but you get the idea.
Attached Images

Track Chat Discord: https://discord.gg/VsKbTyqBVj
SF Bay Area: DM For coding services
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2022, 02:28 PM   #233
SupraSaiyan
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 6MT Stripper AW/Black

Excellent and helpful post. Does anyone have experience comparing the BK setup vs the Macht Schnell Clubsport seat mount? I really want manual sliders but my OEM are power and no luck finding manual sliders online or local junkyards. The MS Clubsport seems like a decent all in one solution.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2022, 04:00 PM   #234
stevejin
@sugu.m3
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, G05 X5, AP2 S2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupraSaiyan View Post
Excellent and helpful post. Does anyone have experience comparing the BK setup vs the Macht Schnell Clubsport seat mount? I really want manual sliders but my OEM are power and no luck finding manual sliders online or local junkyards. The MS Clubsport seems like a decent all in one solution.
SupraSaiyan, I originally used the Macht Schnell Clubsport seat mounts, but I didn't like the way the driver seat was off-centered from the steering wheel so I ended up going with OEM manual sliders and Brey-Krause side brackets. I was able to score a pair of manual pleather seats from an E90 328xi, so I purchased one R-9280 and one R-9281 from BK.

If you're fairly tall and need the seat to be a lot lower than stock, the Macht Schnell (or other fixed bracket setups) will be able to accommodate that. With the BK brackets, I was unable to get the seats as low as I did when I had the MS mounts.

Since I'm only 5' 6", the BK was a better choice for me -- not sitting off-centered, and being able to incorporate OEM rails that are so much smoother sliding forward and backward.

Last edited by stevejin; 06-15-2022 at 04:20 PM..
Appreciate 2
      06-17-2022, 12:35 AM   #235
stevejin
@sugu.m3
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, G05 X5, AP2 S2000

Thought I'd add to the post above and share some photos of the setup that I was able to achieve with the help of this thread. I decided to go this route because my OCD couldn't take the driver seat being off-centered from the steering wheel anymore.

SEATS: Recaro Pole Position ABE (Driver and Passenger)
- I was originally looking for a pair of leather Pole Positions to match the black interior but ended up with the ABEs because I didn't want to run seatbelt receptacle extenders to mount the receptacles properly.

RAILS: OEM Manual Seat Rails (E90 328xi)
- For over a month, I searched high and low for the BMW i3 seat tracks mentioned in Post #150 on eBay, craigslist, Car-Part, and Facebook Marketplace.
- I then realized I could expand the search to include all of the manual seats from the E90 3-series. I actually found a decent number of manual seats being sold via Car-Part, so I snatched the cheapest pair at the closest junkyard. The scrappers wouldn't sell just the seat tracks alone, so I ended up taking both seats for $75. I'd say it was still a bargain.

SEAT BRACKETS: Brey-Krause (R-9280 and R-9281)
- My main goal was to get the driver seat lined up as close to the center of the steering wheel as possible. After an email exchange with BK, the best option was to order one of R-9280 and one of R-9281. By using one of each, I was able to align the seats closer to the center console.
- I initially had a different seat bracket assembly, but no matter how many times I adjusted the mounting position I just couldn't get the driver seat to sit centered.

OEM SEAT BELTS: Brey-Krause (R-9288 and R-9289)
- To accommodate the OEM 3-point seat belts, I used these 2 parts from BK.

WIRING/CODING:
- This was pretty straightforward. Most of the plugs stayed on the original leather seats, so I left them there all intact. The only thing that plugged back into the wiring harness of the car was the seatbelt receptacle harness for each seat.
- I then added +RECA, and coded out the parameters within the ABG module that were no longer in use.

PHOTOS:

PHOTOS:

Appreciate 6
Rochen_00349.50
Kelse921131.50
///Mobbin1478.00
derbo3607.00
E46PP22.00
      06-17-2022, 05:08 AM   #236
Rochen_00
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3 e92

I found myself in a situation similar to stevejin . In the end what I did was find a couple of manual bmw e8x rails (since they are compatible) and together with the adapters from 55parts.de, the recaro pole position seats are centered on the steering wheel and allow them to be left quite low.

Picture of the adapters

Here mounted on the rails oem of bmw e8x

Mounting the oem rails with the adapters from 55parts.de on the car

This image is not mine, but you can see how the seats are centered with the steering wheel

Finally some images of the final result

I don't know if you can see it in this last photo, but really the seat is centered on the steering wheel

Regards!

Alpinemss Tuned | Tecnocraft E9X ///M3 Envy™ Intake System | MS Pulleys | Akrapovic Evolution Exhaust | Ohlins Road&track| BBK Brembo 6p Front & Brembo 4p Rear| H&R Stabilisator| Solid subframe bushings| full spherical bushings| Recaro pole position
Appreciate 5
      06-17-2022, 06:21 AM   #237
SYT_Shadow
///M Powered for Life
Rep
Drives: E90M/E92M/M4GTS/M4GT4/X5M

Nice work!! Thanks for posting the pics and explanation
Appreciate 1
Rochen_00349.50