BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Private Sellers - For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Wheels and Tires Items

09-18-2014, 07:52 AM   #1
Singletrack
4th down; 4th quarter? Renegade.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 SSII E92 M3; 19 FG M5C

BBS FI - 19" Polished and MPSS - used less than 1k miles

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
USD 9,500.00

Item Interest
BBS FI wheels, polished finish 19x9.5 +28 19x10.5 +23

Michelin Pilot Super Sport 265/30/19 front 295/30/19 rear.

Paid about 10k for this setup. I cannot get the rear tires to stop rubbing on big undulations and have gone back to stock. A 285 or 275 should fit in the back without issue. Rubbing will also depend on ride height, alignment settings, tire carcass variance, and small variances between cars and conditions. Know what you are getting into here so there is no confusion. There are many threads on the topic.

Wheels and tires have less than 1k miles on them. They are in perfect condition. If you low-ball I won't even respond; make a reasonable offer and we can work something out.

Thanks!

Attached Images

Last edited by Singletrack; 09-18-2014 at 08:55 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2014, 08:38 AM   #2
mashimarho
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: E92 M3 & F80 M3 & G82 M4

Garage List
Beautiful... GLWS
      09-21-2014, 02:18 PM   #3
Singletrack
United_States
Rep

Price now 9000.00

Can't modify original listing price I guess...that I can find.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2014, 08:35 AM   #4
loganr25
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92

You really had him delete that post. Shakes head.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2014, 09:10 AM   #5
Singletrack
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by loganr25 View Post
No idea what you are talking about. Feel free to PM me.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2014, 09:54 AM   #6
dagolfpro
Colonel
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by loganr25 View Post
Someone else complained about it so deleted it on my own. It looks like they deleted their post as well.

Like I mentioned, wasn't trying to offend anyone. Just thought the OP would like to know what they've been selling for on here if he wasn't getting any serious interests.
Mods List: Evolve Exhaust | M Perf Steering Wheel | Tint | Lux | Hardwired V1 | KW V3 | Volshlag CP | Brembo BBK | BBS FI | Yokohama AD08 R| Schroth 4 Point Harness | Challenge GT Diffuser | OEM GTS Wing| GTS Lip| I lied earlier, I wasn't done with mod, but I swear, I'm done now, no more mods...
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2014, 10:46 AM   #7
Singletrack
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagolfpro View Post
Someone else complained about it so deleted it on my own. It looks like they deleted their post as well.

Like I mentioned, wasn't trying to offend anyone. Just thought the OP would like to know what they've been selling for on here if he wasn't getting any serious interests.
I never saw your post.

What have they been selling for on here? I don't see any recent sales on a quick search and none for sale right now.

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2014, 10:51 AM   #8
JStang
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: FDB M3 CS

I have seen wheels alone sell in the $6k-$6500 range. Those did not have tires let alone PSS's.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2014, 10:57 AM   #9
dagolfpro
Colonel
Taiwan
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singletrack View Post
I never saw your post.

What have they been selling for on here? I don't see any recent sales on a quick search and none for sale right now.

Thanks.
this is what I had posted. Yes, yours is the only set on sale now as they don't come around too often. Not many people can afford these in general.

OP, great looking wheels. I'm finally in the market for a set and this is more of a FYI and you can take it for what's it worth. I understand every set is different and some are better than others.

Not trying to offend anyone here. If you like, I'd be happy to take down the post, but I thought since you're trying to sell them, these are what they have sold for in the past.

Last few sets sold here:

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...ghlight=BBS+FI

Mods List: Evolve Exhaust | M Perf Steering Wheel | Tint | Lux | Hardwired V1 | KW V3 | Volshlag CP | Brembo BBK | BBS FI | Yokohama AD08 R| Schroth 4 Point Harness | Challenge GT Diffuser | OEM GTS Wing| GTS Lip| I lied earlier, I wasn't done with mod, but I swear, I'm done now, no more mods...
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2014, 01:00 PM   #10
slicer
Major General
Rep
Drives: 'E46 M3 Race Car, '23 X7

You are correct that a 295/30/19 will not work with this rear offset. You need et25 to run a 10.5" wheel with a 295/30/19 tire without rubbing (even that will depend on the tire and alignment settings).

You would need to switch to either a 275/35/19 or 285/30/19 rear tire to make this work.

I hope this helps; they are gorgeous wheels.
'04 M3 - Fall Line Motorsports Built Race Car - S65 swap, Dry Sump, Bosch Stand-Alone ECU, Drenth Sequential Trans, MCS 3-Way, Flossmann Wide Body, Brembo Motorsports Brakes, Drexler LSD, BBS E88 Etc.
INSTAGRAM - @Slicer_M
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2014, 01:47 PM   #11
Singletrack
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicer View Post
You are correct that a 295/30/19 will not work with this rear offset. You need et25 to run a 10.5" wheel with a 295/30/19 tire without rubbing (even that will depend on the tire and alignment settings).

You would need to switch to either a 275/35/19 or 285/30/19 rear tire to make this work.

I hope this helps; they are gorgeous wheels.
Thanks for confirming. I read your posts before and they are all accurate based on my experience.

How will the 275/265 combo ride and handle you think? Car sees touring work, track time, and dd work. I know a more-square setup is better for rotation but don't want to make it twitchy or confuse the euro-MDM which I do use. Any concern or experience there? Can I run 255s in the front? Saw some evidence they rub on full lock.

Suspension is KW sleeve kit set at 23.5" at all wheels.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2014, 02:20 PM   #12
Sebringjetta
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46m3

Quote:
this is what I had posted. Yes, yours is the only set on sale now as they don't come around too often. Not many people can afford these in general.

OP, great looking wheels. I'm finally in the market for a set and this is more of a FYI and you can take it for what's it worth. I understand every set is different and some are better than others.

Not trying to offend anyone here. If you like, I'd be happy to take down the post, but I thought since you're trying to sell them, these are what they have sold for in the past.

Last few sets sold here:

looks like helpful info... no one should be offended. anyone can ask what ever they want but that doesnt mean it will sell... this info gives OP an idea.

GLWS OP
      09-22-2014, 02:22 PM   #13
Singletrack
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Last few sets sold here:

Thanks for the data points - there was a pretty wide range of condition, size, etc on those. Why don't you make an offer if you are interested? If you think we are far apart, start with your best offer and I will shoot you straight.

Polished takes longer and is fairly rare from what I've seen. Might not be for everyone of course. They are made at BBS Motorsports in Germany, but then must be shipped to Japan to be polished. You are looking at 6-8 weeks. There was also a defect in the finish, so that took another 3 weeks to replace the non-perfect wheel. Center caps are also custom order in that finish. Comes with TPMS.

Sounds like rear tires have no real value because they won't fit a stock vehicle. I'm also taking care of shipping and handling - they come fully enclosed in boxes.

FYI - There is a tiny "ding" in one of the center caps. Just full disclosure...forgot earlier.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2014, 02:41 PM   #14
slicer
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Thanks for confirming. I read your posts before and they are all accurate based on my experience.

How will the 275/265 combo ride and handle you think? Car sees touring work, track time, and dd work. I know a more-square setup is better for rotation but don't want to make it twitchy or confuse the euro-MDM which I do use. Any concern or experience there? Can I run 255s in the front? Saw some evidence they rub on full lock.

Suspension is KW sleeve kit set at 23.5" at all wheels.

Thanks!
The general concepts that I stick to when picking my tire sizes include:
  1. No wider than a 20mm stagger front to rear. OEM stagger is 20mm and the car has been set up from the factory to be neutral handling with a tendency towards under steer for safety. Increasing the stagger will just increase the understeer which in general is not desirable for a performance minded driver. There are other ways to increase/decrease understeer (adjustable sway bars, alignment settings, etc) so this "rule" can be adjusted if there are other factors influencing the car.
  2. Run a taller tire in the rear vs the front. OEM rear tire is approximately 0.5" taller than the front. I think that it's best to stick close to this ratio for the best and most consistent results with the traction control system. That is my opinion but it I have not actually tested.

It sounds like this wheelset is serving as a one size fits all... DD, touring, track. I would recommend getting a second set of wheels for the track with dedicated track oriented tires. If that's not an option then I would run 255/35/19 and 275/35/19 Yokohama AD08R's. The AD08's run wide and square so they won't look stretched. They are also a good street / track tire. You will compromise road noise and tire life on the street but they will be able to handle the heat on the track. Michelin PSS is great on the street, will last far longer, but they will melt on the track. 255/35/19 may rub the fender liner very slightly at full lock but it will be negligible and may not even happen considering the slight stretch pairing them with a 9.5" wheel.

As far as the idea of keeping the 265/30 in the front and going with a 275/35 in the rear (10mm stagger)... It's not what I would choose but I think it would perform OK. I have run a 10mm stagger (275 front with a 285 rear) and found that it performed well (street and track) without any over-steer issues or "twitching".
'04 M3 - Fall Line Motorsports Built Race Car - S65 swap, Dry Sump, Bosch Stand-Alone ECU, Drenth Sequential Trans, MCS 3-Way, Flossmann Wide Body, Brembo Motorsports Brakes, Drexler LSD, BBS E88 Etc.
INSTAGRAM - @Slicer_M

Last edited by slicer; 09-22-2014 at 02:47 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2014, 02:43 PM   #15
sterile stork
coupe la goon
United_States
Rep
Drives: green, black, white

Garage List
Good heavens, these wheels look phenomenal. I wish there were larger images just to show off how clean they are.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2014, 02:44 PM   #16
dagolfpro
Colonel
Taiwan
Rep

Quote:
Thanks for the data points - there was a pretty wide range of condition, size, etc on those. Why don't you make an offer if you are interested? If you think we are far apart, start with your best offer and I will shoot you straight.

Polished takes longer and is fairly rare from what I've seen. Might not be for everyone of course. They are made at BBS Motorsports in Germany, but then must be shipped to Japan to be polished. You are looking at 6-8 weeks. There was also a defect in the finish, so that took another 3 weeks to replace the non-perfect wheel. Center caps are also custom order in that finish. Comes with TPMS.

Sounds like rear tires have no real value because they won't fit a stock vehicle. I'm also taking care of shipping and handling - they come fully enclosed in boxes.

FYI - There is a tiny "ding" in one of the center caps. Just full disclosure...forgot earlier.
Yes, anytime used items are involved, it's hard to compare apples to apples. My budget is much much lower than your asking price so I don't want to an offer. I'm not in a hurry for a new set of wheels but I am in the market for a set of FI's.

I hope you can find a great home for these. GLWS
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2014, 03:28 PM   #17
Singletrack
United_States
Rep

Quote:
The general concepts that I stick to when picking my tire sizes include:
  1. No wider than a 20mm stagger front to rear. OEM stagger is 20mm and the car has been set up from the factory to be neutral handling with a tendency towards under steer for safety. Increasing the stagger will just increase the understeer which in general is not desirable for a performance minded driver. There are other ways to increase/decrease understeer (adjustable sway bars, alignment settings, etc) so this "rule" can be adjusted if there are other factors influencing the car.
  2. Run a taller tire in the rear vs the front. OEM rear tire is approximately 0.5" taller than the front. I think that it's best to stick close to this ratio for the best and most consistent results with the traction control system. That is my opinion but it I have not actually tested.

It sounds like this wheelset is serving as a one size fits all... DD, touring, track. I would recommend getting a second set of wheels for the track with dedicated track oriented tires. If that's not an option then I would run 255/35/19 and 275/35/19 Yokohama AD08R's. The AD08's run wide and square so they won't look stretched. They are also a good street / track tire. You will compromise road noise and tire life on the street but they will be able to handle the heat on the track. Michelin PSS is great on the street, will last far longer, but they will melt on the track. 255/35/19 may rub the fender liner very slightly at full lock but it will be negligible and may not even happen considering the slight stretch pairing them with a 9.5" wheel.

As far as the idea of keeping the 265/30 in the front and going with a 275/35 in the rear (10mm stagger)... It's not what I would choose but I think it would perform OK. I have run a 10mm stagger (275 front with a 285 rear) and found that it performed well (street and track) without any over-steer issues or "twitching".
Great info - appreciate all your time.

I'm sketchy on the Advans because it rains a ton in Pittsburgh. That's why the MPSS is so great here.

I don't want to swap wheels/tires on this car. I like the theme of the M3 which is to be able to drive it to the track. I run RS-29s on the street too haha - squeaky ;P

The MPSS actually do incredibly well at the track. You just have to run 32-34 PSI hot. They definitely melt some, but I don't need to go faster in this car so don't need to overdrive them.

Based on everything you just said, and if I were to keep them, sounds like I would go to 255/275 MPSS. Appreciate you helping me figure out the options - sincerely. Minor rub in the front would not bother me.

I have the stock 220s back on there now and honestly like them a lot...just not sure I want to invest more money in the FI setup.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2014, 03:29 PM   #18
Singletrack
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yes, anytime used items are involved, it's hard to compare apples to apples. My budget is much much lower than your asking price so I don't want to an offer. I'm not in a hurry for a new set of wheels but I am in the market for a set of FI's.

I hope you can find a great home for these. GLWS
Thanks...good luck on your hunt.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2014, 03:30 PM   #19
Singletrack
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterile stork View Post
Good heavens, these wheels look phenomenal. I wish there were larger images just to show off how clean they are.
For sure.

Will take more pics when I detail them and package them up.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2014, 03:50 PM   #20
slicer
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Great info - appreciate all your time.

I'm sketchy on the Advans because it rains a ton in Pittsburgh. That's why the MPSS is so great here.

I don't want to swap wheels/tires on this car. I like the theme of the M3 which is to be able to drive it to the track. I run RS-29s on the street too haha - squeaky ;P

The MPSS actually do incredibly well at the track. You just have to run 32-34 PSI hot. They definitely melt some, but I don't need to go faster in this car so don't need to overdrive them.

Based on everything you just said, and if I were to keep them, sounds like I would go to 255/275 MPSS. Appreciate you helping me figure out the options - sincerely. Minor rub in the front would not bother me.

I have the stock 220s back on there now and honestly like them a lot...just not sure I want to invest more money in the FI setup.
You are welcome! FWIW, I used to run AD08's in the summer when I lived in MN. I'm not sure how the rainfall compares MN to PA. I don't recall having any issues in the rain. If the PSS works for you on the track then I can see why you would want to choose them considering, let's face it, the car will be on the street 99% of the time.
INSTAGRAM - @Slicer_M
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2014, 04:03 PM   #21
Singletrack
United_States
Rep

Quote:
You are welcome! FWIW, I used to run AD08's in the summer when I lived in MN. I'm not sure how the rainfall compares MN to PA. I don't recall having any issues in the rain. If the PSS works for you on the track then I can see why you would want to choose them considering, let's face it, the car will be on the street 99% of the time.
Thanks - I'll give the Advans another look.

Rainfall is substantial here - over 100" a year. Not just traction, but we get spontaneous drainage issues so hydroplane resistance has to be solid also.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2014, 05:41 PM   #22
m3aviator
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMWs

Wheels are wicked !!! GLWS!
Appreciate 0