BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion

BPM

11-13-2023, 03:27 PM   #1
ohnopotato
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2018 x2

My 2018 X2 (F39) is either possessed or the locks are very broken.

Hi all.

The locks on my 2018 X2 are locking and unlocking over and over by themselves. I cannot for the life of me figure out what's causing it.

It happens whether I'm inside the car, outside the car, weather the engine is running or not, or whether the key is close by or not. It will just sit there and lock, lock lock, unlock, lock unlock etc, in no specific pattern. Then it will stop for a bit randomly. Then start again.

I have tried pulling the number 12 fuse for contactless opening, that made no difference. I have also pulled fuses 1 and 7, for the driver and passenger locks. Still happened.

What in the world could it be? Does the comfort access still work even with the number 12 fuse out (or 1 and 7)? If so, is it a bad sensor? If it's a bad CA sensor, what can I do in the meantime to make it stop locking and unlocking?

Edit: Forgot to mention, I also took the battery out of the keyless fob to make sure it wasn't something with it. It still continued to happen without the battery in.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Last edited by ohnopotato; 11-13-2023 at 03:58 PM..
Appreciate 0