BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

Mporium BMW

02-27-2011, 01:07 PM   #45
sameh
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 Porsche 911S

Had a minivan with the M and there was no good reason to put them in my 2 door M but wife an I split, she got the minivan. Now I have no choice. Was planning to lease the 4 door mini but waiting to find out what will happen to my financial situation after the divorce. Bottom line, I am as anal as OP is but when u have to, you have to. The nice thing is it doesn't irritate me as much as I thought it would.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2011, 04:08 PM   #46
SlamMan
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: ED 5/19/2010, Interlagos E90

Oh boy. Some of you must be real pleasant to live with. I should post some pictures of my seats as they are right now to freak some of you out. I take my two dogs with me to work, 2 or 3 times a week, and the seats are in need of a good cleaning to get rid of the paw prints and dog hair.
      02-27-2011, 05:28 PM   #47
crackberry
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche Carrera GTS (997.2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowster View Post
^^^ this x1000. M 3yo daughter tried to help me wash my car with a rock the first week I got it. Nothing a little buffing and polish couldn't hide. At least she was outside enjoying herself with me! Sure, I was pissed, but I realized quickly that it's just a car.

My 3 and 1 year old kids ride in my M with boots and shoes on. Snacks and drinks included.

To put this into better perspective, my friend lost his 8-month old daughter last week to SIDS. Attending the funeral yesterday really hit home for me on these material issues - makes me cherish every moment with my wife and kids to the fullest. Enjoy your families guys!
im so sorry about your friend. but you are spot on. you can replace cars, watches, homes, anything. its just money afterall. but you cant replace ppl. my lil sister TOTALLED my car on the morning of her high school graduation. i couldnt care less about the car as long as shes safe. glad to see her walk with her cap and gown.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2011, 05:44 PM   #48
ES_TRADER
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 328i, 335i, M3, 535i, X5, 36M

Garage List
2014 Ford Raptor  [0.00]
2012 328i E92  [10.00]
2013 X5  [0.00]
2013 335i F30  [8.00]
1990 Toyota Previa  [0.00]
1997 E36 M3  [10.00]
2011 E92 M3  [0.00]
2011 535i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by osteome View Post
Does the "M" stand for museum? Are you trying to use it as a clean room?

Just lay some basic ground rules and buy some winter mats and a shop vac. This seems to work at our house. If you sweat the small things with your kids, they will sweat the small things about themselves. Just my two cents.
+1 LOL

OP, its your own flesh and blood...c'mon man...let the kids ride in it...why else would there be 3 additional seats in there?

i have no kids but i bought three doggie bucket booster seats to strap each one of my dogs in the car
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2011, 07:19 PM   #49
shchow
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 CTS-V sedan, black raven

To the OP,
Why bother driving the car at all?
A pebble might chip the hood; You might get a door ding in a parking lot; You might hit a pot-hole; The headlamps might burn out from too much use; You might wear out the driver seat by sitting in it...
As already mentioned by many of the sensible members here...It's a car for Christ's sake.
Enjoy your family in your car...
      02-27-2011, 09:19 PM   #50
kiwistu
First Lieutenant
New Zealand
Rep
Drives: Black F82 M3

Perfect responses to all those wierdos who don't let kids in their cars, love my kids much more than my car!

My kids climb all over it (they have to - its a coupe) my boy thinks its cool he thinks its a spy car! (cool little holders in the back!)

And then I put wet windsurf gear in the boot (I have the factory boot liner)

Cheers
stu
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2011, 09:23 PM   #51
Grail05
Putcha ang ganda...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 F82 M4

Good thing im not alone...

My daughter always says Daddy ur crazy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold Steel View Post
My wife thinks I'm nuts. During wet or snowy days I make my kids take off their shoes/boots when sitting in the M. In fact if I could create a "body condom" without upsetting child social services I would. Is anyone else as anal as I am?
      02-27-2011, 09:24 PM   #52
Erhan
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Cooper S

What's the question again?
      02-27-2011, 09:27 PM   #53
Sandye90m3
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: M3

Lmao, if I had kids. I'd tell them, just wipe your shoes on the ground or stomp on the ground if they are dirty. But do your kids play in mud everyday? I don't think so. The car isn't a collectable, nor is it a lambo, but to different people an M3 means different thing. Some people refer to it as a care, some people refer it to a trophy that they have been working towards for the past X amount of years.

I would even let my child use my car when he grows older, but then again I think it's because I'm Indian and our culture is heavily dependent on their children.
      02-28-2011, 06:51 AM   #54
stevenross
General
Rep
Drives: a ride

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
2008 BMW X5 3.Slow  [0.00]
Sorry for the glare in the pic.. but my kid loves it.. 9 months, and he always has a good time.. you could see him taking a power nap here..

thanks to help from forum members i have been able to get a rear facing child seat in the car.. happy wife.. happy life..

Attached Images

'08 X5 3.Slow / Saphire Black Metallic on Black - Retained
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2011, 09:30 AM   #55
Navin323i
Europrojektz East
United_States
Rep
Drives: See my Sig

When I get my E92 M3 later this year, I plan on having my 2 little girls (ages 6 and 1) "bless" my car with their shoes, etc., lol.

Afterall, my kids are who inspired me to move up to an M3.

Navin

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwistu View Post
Perfect responses to all those wierdos who don't let kids in their cars, love my kids much more than my car!

My kids climb all over it (they have to - its a coupe) my boy thinks its cool he thinks its a spy car! (cool little holders in the back!)

And then I put wet windsurf gear in the boot (I have the factory boot liner)

Cheers
stu
I agree 100% with you, Stu.

BMW Individual Atlantis Metallic Twin Screw S/C'ed 5spd 2000 323i
SPONSORED BY: BBS | Toyo Tires | DPE | WheelSTO | Vorsteiner | European Auto Source | Bimmertools | GetBMWParts | Race Apeel
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2011, 09:48 AM   #56
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
No kids, but just a few rules to stick to as mentioned before and you should be fine.

Stuff will happen and you can't freak out about it. You are well on your way to freaking out. A bird could be flying overhead and lay a huge dump just as you are getting out and splat all over the inside of the door or whatever... You going to guard the whole thing with an umbrella every time you get out?

Just clean off their shoes, or take them off if they are too dirty and put them in the trunk! No food or drinks, and that should be enough.
      02-28-2011, 12:11 PM   #57
NoogMan
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3

My kids ride to preschool and kindergarten with me every morning. They even typically eat breakfast in the car. No big deal to clean.

Appreciate 0
      02-28-2011, 12:38 PM   #58
Navin323i
Europrojektz East
United_States
Rep

I'm curious whether any of you who drive your kids in your M3 have a coupe. I'm prepared to get the coupe later this year despite having 2 little girls ages 6 and 1 years old.

SPONSORED BY: BBS | Toyo Tires | DPE | WheelSTO | Vorsteiner | European Auto Source | Bimmertools | GetBMWParts | Race Apeel
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2011, 12:53 PM   #59
NoogMan
Private First Class
Rep

If you rarely tote them around, it may be Ok, but my kids are in the car daily.

When I drop my kid off at kindergarten, there is no way I can get out of the car, go to other side and let him out. The other parents would be irritated as hell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navin323i View Post
I'm curious whether any of you who drive your kids in your M3 have a coupe. I'm prepared to get the coupe later this year despite having 2 little girls ages 6 and 1 years old.

Appreciate 0
      02-28-2011, 01:03 PM   #60
Sean Alexander
Long-term Enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 Porsche Cayman S

Garage List
What's a Kid?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gblansten View Post
I was so worried about kids getting my interior dirty that my wife and I decided to not even have kids.
^ ^

This!
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2011, 01:03 PM   #61
MediaArtist
There is No Substitute
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi A6, 997 GT3 RS, E90 335i

My son spilled a medium sized McDonald's sprite all over my passenger side dash, and floor. Went home, got a few towels, and dried it up. It's just a car.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2011, 01:11 PM   #62
Navin323i
Europrojektz East
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoogMan View Post
If you rarely tote them around, it may be Ok, but my kids are in the car daily.

When I drop my kid off at kindergarten, there is no way I can get out of the car, go to other side and let him out. The other parents would be irritated as hell.
I would be transporting my kids often, though mostly my older child.

Wait... I'm trying to understand what you said... the other parents would be irritated if you have to get out of the car to let your child out of the car??

F**k those parents... it's your child and your car... you have a right to safely let him out... the other parents have to wait.

Appreciate 0
      02-28-2011, 01:23 PM   #63
NoogMan
Private First Class
Rep

Well, it's chaos in the morning when I drop him off.......everyone is running late, etc. and they want to keep the flow moving. Parents that need to get their kids out are encouraged to pull around the side of the school and let them out there at the side entrance. Maybe you could install a motorized door like the soccer mom's have on their minivan's. Just press a button and dump em out, then press again and it closes. Pretty convenient I must say.

PLUS, I don't want to unbuckle and go around to let him out. I always have the 3 year old in the car to take her to preschool after dropping off the oldest. She tends to unbuckle her seat belt if I get out of the car, then I have to go through the buckling process with her all over again. To each his own, but having 4 doors just simplifies my life with little ones. I can exit the vehicle and the kids can let themselves out. If we didn't have kids, I'd definitely be driving a 2 door.

Quote:
I would be transporting my kids often, though mostly my older child.

Wait... I'm trying to understand what you said... the other parents would be irritated if you have to get out of the car to let your child out of the car??

F**k those parents... it's your child and your car... you have a right to safely let him out... the other parents have to wait.

Appreciate 0
      02-28-2011, 02:22 PM   #64
Navin323i
Europrojektz East
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoogMan View Post
Well, it's chaos in the morning when I drop him off.......everyone is running late, etc. and they want to keep the flow moving. Parents that need to get their kids out are encouraged to pull around the side of the school and let them out there at the side entrance. Maybe you could install a motorized door like the soccer mom's have on their minivan's. Just press a button and dump em out, then press again and it closes. Pretty convenient I must say.

PLUS, I don't want to unbuckle and go around to let him out. I always have the 3 year old in the car to take her to preschool after dropping off the oldest. She tends to unbuckle her seat belt if I get out of the car, then I have to go through the buckling process with her all over again. To each his own, but having 4 doors just simplifies my life with little ones. I can exit the vehicle and the kids can let themselves out. If we didn't have kids, I'd definitely be driving a 2 door.
I see your point totally, especially the part about how your younger one wants to unbuckle her seat belt if you get out of the car. Also my comments weren't meant in any way to reflect your choice of going with the sedan over the coupe. Speaking only for myself, in my case I'd get out of the coupe and let my 6yr old out, and the other parents would have to simply wait.

But that's an excellent point you brought up that I didn't think about... right now my 6yr old can simply unbuckle herself and open the rear door in my 323i sedan and let herself out... with a coupe I'll have to get out each time and let her out... definitely would be more exercise for me, which is a GOOD thing, haha!

Navin

Appreciate 0
      02-28-2011, 02:37 PM   #65
NoogMan
Private First Class
Rep

Oh, I'm with you man.....I would LOVE to have a 2 door, but honestly, I'd end up killing the kids in the process. I can't imagine having to climb in the back of an M coupe to buckle the 3 year old. I'm almost 6'4", which would be a big head banger. Hell, I get beat up pretty bad doing it in the sedan. Their recaro probooster's are pretty large and I have to actually put a foot inside the car. Thank God the 6 year old can buckle himself. Let us know what you decide!

Quote:
I see your point totally, especially the part about how your younger one wants to unbuckle her seat belt if you get out of the car. Also my comments weren't meant in any way to reflect your choice of going with the sedan over the coupe. Speaking only for myself, in my case I'd get out of the coupe and let my 6yr old out, and the other parents would have to simply wait.

But that's an excellent point you brought up that I didn't think about... right now my 6yr old can simply unbuckle herself and open the rear door in my 323i sedan and let herself out... with a coupe I'll have to get out each time and let her out... definitely would be more exercise for me, which is a GOOD thing, haha!

Navin

Appreciate 0
      02-28-2011, 03:35 PM   #66
Georgeair
Captain
Rep
Drives: '08 Melbourne E92 M3

After a trip to TCBY with my kids once (different car, same theme) I pulled a garbage bag out of the trunk, tore a hole in the bottom for his head and proceeded to attempt to put it on my 3-5 year old son who was covered in some God-awful blue/orange/red ice cream crap.

He came completely unglued, and after a couple minutes of screaming meltdown in the lot I relented and let him sit on it with something in his hands that he was required to hold onto with both hands the entire way home.

Pretty funny, he still remembers it. I break out a bag from time to time, but at 15 I'm not sure I could wrestle it on him any better now than then....