BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

European Auto Source (EAS)

02-23-2018, 09:02 AM   #2597
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep
Drives: blue streak

r u leo?
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2018, 10:11 AM   #2598
FCobra94
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Hmm...I've seen the https://bulletsafe.com vests at various shows and the price is right...wonder how they compare.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2018, 10:24 AM   #2599
PINeely
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 535i, 2015 Tundra 1794

Quote:
Originally Posted by upstatedoc View Post
r u leo?
Paramedic for narcotics team, now a nurse.

Our last vests were Second Chance. Lightweight but HOT and the Velcro wore out fast.
Appreciate 3
upstatedoc7555.50
Ickdeep5718.50
      02-23-2018, 11:39 AM   #2600
MadOzodi
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 EBII M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by upstatedoc View Post
OK so you're going moose hunting in Alaska. What is your sidearm? My choices are 6 inch 44 magnum revolver or Glock G 20 10mm. (Think grizzly)
I'd go with the 6" .44MAG and 225 gr. FTX loads. Curious, are Mare's legs allowed as 2ndary weapon in AK?
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2018, 06:38 PM   #2601
Seraphim38
Private
Rep
Drives: 335i M-Perf. & S1000RR

I just joined the forum, since I bought a BMW last Tuesday.

I have a few toys. A few (but not all) of my favorites are pictured below:

Appreciate 0
      03-05-2018, 03:12 AM   #2602
Dang3r
Schmollbraten
Germany
Rep
Drives: M4CPC // HP4 Comp.

Whats that for a butt stock? With that small edge it seems painful to get blowbacked into the shoulder...?

Some say, that my scrotum has its own small gravity field and when Im slowing down that brake lights come on at my buttox
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2018, 08:07 AM   #2603
KenB925
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ZL1, Raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dang3r View Post
Whats that for a butt stock? With that small edge it seems painful to get blowbacked into the shoulder...?
that is a ‘forearm stabilizer’ for an ar pistol, appears to be a .22, so no recoil at all.

Nice collection!
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2018, 09:20 AM   #2604
FCobra94
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Shockwave > rubber monstrosity arm braces

It's actually quite comfortable, even with just a t-shirt.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2018, 09:25 AM   #2605
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

You usually shoot with your shirt off?
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2018, 09:37 AM   #2606
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCobra94 View Post
Shockwave > rubber monstrosity arm braces

It's actually quite comfortable, even with just a t-shirt.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
Is maybe Putin, da?
Appreciate 1
Dang3r12508.50
      03-05-2018, 10:30 AM   #2607
FCobra94
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
lol no, not usually...I meant the use of a "shooting vest" or padded jacket was not required.

*horse optional*
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2018, 11:00 AM   #2608
Seraphim38
Private
Rep

It is called a KAK Shockwave brace, which is designed to be used as a forearm brace.

After purchasing it, I found that it is easier to use it as a cheek rest because it gives you a much better head position with the red dots.

For those who don't know, any rifle that is less than 26" overall length has to be classified as a pistol, or else it must be registered with the ATF. That process takes about a year and is no less rigorous than the process for registering a suppressor. The KAK Shockwave brace is part of a group of pistol braces used to rest against your forearm or cheek, and can be mounted without having to register your pistol as an SBR or AOW . Putting it up to your shoulder, while it can be done, is not what it was designed for, and isn't very effective anyway.

Yes, the HK is chambered in .22LR. It is a fantastic "plinker" or "trainer", and is my 7 year old son's favorite gun.
The other AR is a 9mm Palmetto State lower/Karri's Guns upper build with an 8" barrell. It takes Glock 33 round magazines.
Pistols are a Canik TP9SFx 9mm pistol with a Vortex Venom red dot and TLR-1 HL. Also pictured is a CZ SP-01 9mm.
      03-05-2018, 04:41 PM   #2609
Lucky John
Out to Lunch
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1965 Land Rover Series 2A

What happened to the post about the Springfield Saint?

Nice guns Seraphim. I have the rubber arm brace on a Kriss Vector and love the SBR feel.
Appreciate 1
      03-05-2018, 07:56 PM   #2610
KenB925
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ZL1, Raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Carrots View Post
Sig M400 elite, yay or nay?

About to buy my first AR and it seems reasonably priced for a sig product (I am a huge sig fan for pistols)
I’m not familiar with the m400, i know sig does some proprietary stuff, i would make sure it is an ar
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2018, 12:23 PM   #2611
Seraphim38
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky John View Post
What happened to the post about the Springfield Saint?

Nice guns Seraphim. I have the rubber arm brace on a Kriss Vector and love the SBR feel.
Thanks @Lucky John

Passively I have been thinking about selling my Troy AR in favor of getting a Kriss Vector. I have also been passively considering putting a Form 4 into the ATF and getting in line for a year, for a can. But lately the Washington legislature has gone into full retard mode in proposing a variety of nonsensical bans, which could jeopardize any devices that have been legally registered with the ATF.

I won't rant on that topic, but to say that if the legislature wasn't putting such things at risk for legal, law abiding citizens, I would go ahead and put the paperwork in.

Ideally I'd love to have a 300 BLK 10.5" with a can or a Vector SBR with a can. Lots of fun.
      03-09-2018, 01:28 PM   #2612
Joekerr
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraphim38 View Post
Thanks @Lucky John

Passively I have been thinking about selling my Troy AR in favor of getting a Kriss Vector. I have also been passively considering putting a Form 4 into the ATF and getting in line for a year, for a can. But lately the Washington legislature has gone into full retard mode in proposing a variety of nonsensical bans, which could jeopardize any devices that have been legally registered with the ATF.

I won't rant on that topic, but to say that if the legislature wasn't putting such things at risk for legal, law abiding citizens, I would go ahead and put the paperwork in.

Ideally I'd love to have a 300 BLK 10.5" with a can or a Vector SBR with a can. Lots of fun.
Don't live in the US, so a Form 4 means you can only have a silencer on the firearm to which you originally indicated? I just assumed you had to fill in the paperwork for a silencer, but once approved, you could buy whatever you wanted for whichever firearm.

Interesting. Life is so much simpler in Canada.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2018, 01:40 PM   #2613
Seraphim38
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
Don't live in the US, so a Form 4 means you can only have a silencer on the firearm to which you originally indicated? I just assumed you had to fill in the paperwork for a silencer, but once approved, you could buy whatever you wanted for whichever firearm.

Interesting. Life is so much simpler in Canada.
Hello Joekerr

In the USA, a citizen can go through a Federal background check to purchase a firearm. If you want to carry a concealed pistol in Washington state, you have to go through a more lengthy Federal background check process to obtain this special license. There are a variety of disqualifying things, which are meant to screen out those who have mental illness or previously demonstrated willingness to commit crimes.

If you want to purchase either an SBR (short barreled rifle, being a rifle that is less than 26 inches in length overall) or a Suppressor you have to pay $200 and wait about a year for the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms to review your application.

To answer your question directly, whether you are purchasing a firearm, a suppressor or specifically an SBR/AOW(government term for "All Other Weapon"), you have to fill out the paperwork each and every time you make a purchase.

If you go through the federal background check to get a Concealed Pistol License, (which I have), it makes it so that, if I venture into a gun store to make a new purchase, the store will contact the federal government to determine if there is anything new on my record since the issuing of the license and if it comes back clear, I can walk out that day with any standard firearm. But that is only for people who have a license and have already gone through a Federal background check.

For SBR/AOW/Suppressors, they are in a special class of weapons that the US government regulates. It is a bit silly, given that they aren't any more deadly than what can be immediately purchased. In fact, a Suppressor in it self isn't a firearm at all (obviously).

There are some weird laws in the USA. For example, I could carry 4 Glock 9mm pistols on my body with extended magazines but if I carried a fixed blade knife, it would be illegal. (I don't own 4 Glocks; it was just a hypothetical example).
A citizen with a CPL can carry a pile of loaded pistols in his car, but it is illegal to have a loaded rifle or a fixed blade knife in the car. Go figure.

Last edited by Seraphim38; 03-09-2018 at 01:55 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2018, 01:57 PM   #2614
Joekerr
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Hello Joekerr

In the USA, a citizen can go through a Federal background check to purchase a firearm. If you want to carry a concealed pistol in Washington state, you have to go through a more lengthy Federal background check process to obtain this special license. There are a variety of disqualifying things, which are meant to screen out those who have mental illness or previously demonstrated willingness to commit crimes.

If you want to purchase either an SBR (short barreled rifle, being a rifle that is less than 26 inches in length overall) or a Suppressor you have to pay $200 and wait about a year for the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms to review your application.

To answer your question directly, whether you are purchasing a firearm, a suppressor or specifically an SBR/AOW(government term for "All Other Weapon"), you have to fill out the paperwork each and every time you make a purchase.

If you go through the federal background check to get a Concealed Pistol License, (which I have), it makes it so that, if I venture into a gun store to make a new purchase, the store will contact the federal government to determine if there is anything new on my record since the issuing of the license and if it comes back clear, I can walk out that day with any standard firearm. But that is only for people who have a license and have already gone through a Federal background check.

For SBR/AOW/Suppressors, they are in a special class of weapons that the US government regulates. It is a bit silly, given that they aren't any more deadly than what can be immediately purchased. In fact, a Suppressor in it self isn't a firearm at all (obviously).

A Short Barreled Rifle is no more deadly than a pistol of the same caliber, which can be purchased with the license, same day.

There are some weird laws in the USA. For example, I could carry 4 Glock 9mm pistols on my body with extended magazines but if I carried a fixed blade knife, it would be illegal. A citizen with a CPL can carry a pile of loaded pistols in his car, but it is illegal to have a loaded rifle or a fixed blade knife. Go figure.
Would some suppressors not be interchangeable though with other firearms? So let's say you had two 1911's, same threading, fill out your Form 4, buy the suppressor - can you use it on either 1911, or only the one for which you filled out a Form 4 for?

Thanks - always interesting to see how other countries do it.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2018, 02:38 PM   #2615
Seraphim38
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
Would some suppressors not be interchangeable though with other firearms? So let's say you had two 1911's, same threading, fill out your Form 4, buy the suppressor - can you use it on either 1911, or only the one for which you filled out a Form 4 for?

Thanks - always interesting to see how other countries do it.
yes, it is quite common for individuals who purchase a suppressor to buy one for 5.56x45/.223/.22, and one for use with 9mm and 300 Blackout rifles. Then they would use the relevant suppressor for which ever caliber they want. Typically the barrel threading is universal among those 2 sizes. (I didn't mention 45ACP, but that would be another common option). I have friends who have both sizes. I have only shot with a suppressor for 9mm/300BLK

However, it is worth noting that the blowback / bolt movement of 9mm pistols create a need for an adapter to be used on some suppressors. In other words, if you buy a Suppressor for a rifle and then thread it on a pistol, it may not be as 'durable'. There are other variables/configurations that need to be considered when one is going to make such a purchase.

Given that it takes a year to get through the US government's application process, and Suppressors are generally not cheap devices, if a person is going to purchase one, you want it to fit your application properly and ensure that it will endure in the use you desire for it.

Suppressors aren't terribly common because the application process is so long.
      03-09-2018, 02:53 PM   #2616
Joekerr
Banned
Rep

Quote:
yes, it is quite common for individuals who purchase a suppressor to buy one for 5.56x45/.223/.22, and one for use with 9mm and 300 Blackout rifles. Then they would use the relevant suppressor for which ever caliber they want. Typically the barrel threading is universal among those 2 sizes. (I didn't mention 45ACP, but that would be another common option). I have friends who have both sizes. I have only shot with a suppressor for 9mm/300BLK

However, it is worth noting that the blowback / bolt movement of 9mm pistols create a need for an adapter to be used on some suppressors. In other words, if you buy a Suppressor for a rifle and then thread it on a pistol, it may not be as 'durable'. There are other variables/configurations that need to be considered when one is going to make such a purchase.

Given that it takes a year to get through the US government's application process, and Suppressors are generally not cheap devices, if a person is going to purchase one, you want it to fit your application properly and ensure that it will endure in the use you desire for it.

Suppressors aren't terribly common because the application process is so long.
Good to know, thanks for helping me understand!

As I mentioned, it is much simpler in Canada re: suppressors. Note that I'm not saying "better", just....simpler. Process here regarding purchasing a suppressor goes a little like this:

Law abiding Citizen X: "Mr. Government of Canada, may I please purchase a suppressor for my legally registered firearm?"

Government of Canada:
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      03-09-2018, 02:53 PM   #2617
Lucky John
Out to Lunch
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1965 Land Rover Series 2A

They are interchangeable. The paperwork for the suppressor only includes the information for the suppressor.

I have the Vector in .45 and also picked up a Glock 21 pre suppressor ready. I grabbed an AAC Evolution in .45. https://www.gunbroker.com/item/752123021 The threading is M16x1LH on all three. Then they both use the same mags and of course ammo. The .45 is naturally subsonic. It makes for a nice combination. Still waiting for the suppressor to get out of jail.

Once you own the suppressor you can change the adaptor to use it on other guns with different threading.

I don't know if it is store policy or nationwide rule but you buy the suppressor first and it is sent to your FFL/LGS. Then you file the paperwork and pay the two hundred dollar tax stamp. When you submit it all, you have to send it in duplicate with a passport photo attached and two sets of recent fingerprints. Wait time varies but I have heard they are coming back in the four to six month range, a full year is also possible. When you receive the paperwork back then your FFL can release the suppressor to you. This is why some on here have posted "their can is getting out of jail."
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2018, 03:01 PM   #2618
RABAUKE
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: Porsche 993, 2014 MB GLK

Quote:
Originally Posted by PINeely View Post
IIIa. No strike plate but feels good when sitting.
I remember when we first got body armour in the early 80's, heavy and not very comfortable.....so much improvement. Happily retired now though.
Appreciate 1