BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Cosmetic/Visual (Exterior + Interior) Modifications

Mporium BMW

Yesterday, 06:29 PM   #331
Epoustouflant
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FMLYSDN View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exclusivs View Post
^Thats a lot of staining on that lip.

Any close ups? Not to bash - for future guys to see.
Close ups would be good. TBH, regardless of finish, I would be expecting to receive a product free of defects or inconsistent finishes. Regardless, this is considered a 'new' product and I am not wanting to refinish or perform any modifications to make it new. As far as I see it, if I was paying for a substandard product, I would be looking at an Ebay rep or something from the Chinese market. This is marketed as German quality, I would insist on nothing less. This is the second member who has reported quality issues when receiving it. I understand it isn't OEM but it certainly is being touted as high end at a reasonable price. It would be great if we could get some real feedback on this product instead a bunch of hype that people simply received it after waiting patiently. I will provide some honest feedback once I get mine and as well as a comprehensive DIY for hardware and install as this seems to be an area that is lacking too. I am certainly looking forward to it but I am also leery given the recent comments about the finish when it was received.
There's been zero finish issues nor fitment issues per my count, unless I missed one.

It's no secret flat paint finishes are sensitive to stains: coating or a flat PPF is the way to go - like most OE flat finishes out there.

This thread is filled with honest feedback and people helping each other out to have the ideal fitment.

For clarification, any lip that comes in damaged from UPS are insured since 3rd batch and will be replaced.

The price point is definitely aligned with the quality - it's much better than any Chinese lip out there yet they don't make chassis mounted GTS lips. Frankly mine isn't any different than a 4,000$ OE unit having seen one in the flesh.

I wish it was ABS, however BMW has a design patent and has adamantly sued anyone trying to use ABS on GTS replicas, hence why there are none on the market. However GFK will allow us to easily refinish it down the road when it gets inevitably scuffed and scratched.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 07:16 PM   #332
CSL_DNA
Private
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 ZCP / E92 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Close ups would be good. TBH, regardless of finish, I would be expecting to receive a product free of defects or inconsistent finishes. Regardless, this is considered a 'new' product and I am not wanting to refinish or perform any modifications to make it new. As far as I see it, if I was paying for a substandard product, I would be looking at an Ebay rep or something from the Chinese market. This is marketed as German quality, I would insist on nothing less. This is the second member who has reported quality issues when receiving it. I understand it isn't OEM but it certainly is being touted as high end at a reasonable price. It would be great if we could get some real feedback on this product instead a bunch of hype that people simply received it after waiting patiently. I will provide some honest feedback once I get mine and as well as a comprehensive DIY for hardware and install as this seems to be an area that is lacking too. I am certainly looking forward to it but I am also leery given the recent comments about the finish when it was received.
In the first thread I provided all the hardware needed that is from the GTS M3.

(4) Torx Head Screw - 07146958688
(6) Oval Head Screw - 07146978618
(12) 3/16 Rivets or the BMW PN is 22-11-6-789-829

I have not had any finish issues I also bought mine before the group buy and had it clearbra'd first thing and coated. The underside is not as prepped as the finished side you see some imperfections however you will be the only one to ever see this when installing....think the back side of any carbon fiber lip part. I also received a RKP wing and this had a better finish, Not sure how to describe it deeper black but still satin but also twice the cost.

Install Instructions Please feel free to PM me

Yesterday, 08:01 PM   #333
BlueM3Wagon
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2012 M3 e91

Here's mine, haven't installed it yet, needs refinished before I do so. Thought maybe they come with finish ready to mount. Mine had bubble wrap in the box but it was not wrapped when i received it. Not sure if I just rattle can it or have to get it professionally painted satin black and pff?
Attached Images

Follow on Instagram: BlueM3wagon
Appreciate 1
FMLYSDN987.50

Yesterday, 08:02 PM   #334
FMLYSDN
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 Frozen Grey E90 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSL_DNA View Post
Quote:

I have not had any finish issues I also bought mine before the group buy and had it clearbra'd first thing and coated. The underside is not as prepped as the finished side you see some imperfections however you will be the only one to ever see this when installing....think the back side of any carbon fiber lip part. I also received a RKP wing and this had a better finish, Not sure how to describe it deeper black but still satin but also twice the cost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epoustouflant View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exclusivs View Post
^Thats a lot of staining on that lip.

Any close ups? Not to bash - for future guys to see.
There's been zero finish issues nor fitment issues per my count, unless I missed one.

It's no secret flat paint finishes are sensitive to stains: coating or a flat PPF is the way to go - like most OE flat finishes out there.

This thread is filled with honest feedback and people helping each other out to have the ideal fitment.

For clarification, any lip that comes in damaged from UPS are insured since 3rd batch and will be replaced.

The price point is definitely aligned with the quality - it's much better than any Chinese lip out there yet they don't make chassis mounted GTS lips. Frankly mine isn't any different than a 4,000$ OE unit having seen one in the flesh.

I wish it was ABS, however BMW has a design patent and has adamantly sued anyone trying to use ABS on GTS replicas, hence why there are none on the market. However GFK will allow us to easily refinish it down the road when it gets inevitably scuffed and scratched.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSL_DNA View Post
Quote:

Gentleman

Thank you for your feedback and response. I will reserve judgment until I receive mine. Plain and simple. I am hopeful that it will fill a void (IND recently quoted me $5K plus for their only GTS lip in stock, with conversion in CDN that is in excess of $7K.....) and be what most of the members convey here. I am hesitant as quality and fitment can at times be subjective. Some people are willing to settle and that is fine. I'd prefer OEM but at 7K....I am willing to look at options. Having run Mode Carbon for many many years and been overall fairly happy with their products, And I am inclined to use that as my personal bench mark. Not my intention to take away from the support or feedback here, but I also want ensure that I sift through some of the BS that people also present went pumping up a product.

Interesting enough, thanks for the info regarding the use of ABS. I wondered why this wasn't offered as it would have been a more suitable material for these parts that take the brunt of the abuse from the road. Damn BMW
Appreciate 0