BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

EXXEL Distributions

09-27-2019, 10:02 PM   #837
cchen9_
VisionAutoworks
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 AW E92 M3 ZCP

x2
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2019, 05:25 PM   #838
bvrider1
Captain
Rep
Drives: e90 m3 + f80 zcp

I think the rules are:

- Purchase kit from BPM
- Case by Case if stage 2 setup is applicable.
- Run it like hell w. Stage 2 if the preceding works out in your favor

I would be surprised if there will ever be a ballpark price range posted for this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick//M3 View Post
Yes ca we start getting ball park # on gen 2 please
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2019, 01:46 PM   #839
Bakerboy
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Harrop E92 ZCP M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvrider1 View Post
I think the rules are:

- Purchase kit from BPM
- Case by Case if stage 2 setup is applicable.
- Run it like hell w. Stage 2 if the preceding works out in your favor

I would be surprised if there will ever be a ballpark price range posted for this.

Quote:
Yes ca we start getting ball park # on gen 2 please
That doesn't make sense
Appreciate 1
      10-01-2019, 06:28 PM   #840
bvrider1
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakerboy View Post
That doesn't make sense
How does it not make sense?

Currently there is not a posted price associated to stage 2.

You can always contact BPM directly and share your findings. Not sure how much clearer to make it for you.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2019, 01:30 PM   #841
Bakerboy
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
How does it not make sense?

Currently there is not a posted price associated to stage 2.

You can always contact BPM directly and share your findings. Not sure how much clearer to make it for you.
I find it hard to believe that a business would pour time and money into a development then tease with videos and don’t actively try to get return on investment. Unless there is hesitation until further tests have been made

That’s why your statement doesn’t make logical sense
Appreciate 4
      10-03-2019, 05:10 AM   #842
dozaiya
Captain
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 2011 MW E92 M3

what happened to the post that stated stage ii will be offered to existing customers first, can't find it anymore
Appreciate 1
DrFerry6728.50
      10-03-2019, 06:02 AM   #843
bvrider1
Captain
Rep

Quote:
I find it hard to believe that a business would pour time and money into a development then tease with videos and don’t actively try to get return on investment. Unless there is hesitation until further tests have been made

That’s why your statement doesn’t make logical sense
You are trying to associate a way business rolls out a product to my post on how to "possibly" get a stage 2 setup? That makes no sense.

Notice the post above mine mentions that at one point there was a post that was offering it and now it is missing.

I think you answered your own question. I highlighted it in bold for you.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2019, 10:22 AM   #844
DukeofAlexandria
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 E85 Z4 / 2013 E93 M3

Garage List
2013 BMW M3 E93  [0.00]
2007 BMW Z4 E85  [6.00]
Quote:
You are trying to associate a way business rolls out a product to my post on how to "possibly" get a stage 2 setup? That makes no sense.

Notice the post above mine mentions that at one point there was a post that was offering it and now it is missing.

I think you answered your own question. I highlighted it in bold for you.
OR they are still doing R&D on it and want to make sure the final product meets the standards that BPM and Harrop has produced in the past. They effectively are trying to get it as close to an OEM model as possible (from what I've seen, read, and witnessed) and that's fair for them to take time.

Up until dozaiya pointed it out, that post was still up and I'm assuming Bakerboy was referencing that as well. I'm sure they took it down for a reason, I'm also sure if you contact BPMSport and say you'd like to test out the Stage II then they'd be more than happy to accommodate you.

Your original post was vague, generalities thrown around, and didn't make much sense given the context of the recent posts earlier in the thread.

Let's stop whining about it and just chill out while they figure the shit out, patience my man, patience.
Appreciate 2
Bakerboy103.50
Milas29.50
      10-15-2019, 05:44 AM   #845
JupiterBMW
Self Proclaimed Roundel Junkie
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 E90 M3 & '13 F25 X3

Let's get this thread back on track folks... I'd like to add in that I'm finally, after over 3 years of dreaming (and slowly sliding money out of wife's view ) I am finally part of the Harrop Supercharged family. I installed my kit in the tail end of September, and just got the car back yesterday from getting the rod bearings replaced. The car is now ready to rip. I have done a few spirited drives and pulls, and if nothing else, I know that the OEM 265/35-19s on the rear of the car are completely useless! Will definitely need to squeeze some 275s on there!

The torque and acceleration are absolutely insane. For me personally, the noise is absolutely intoxicating. The install was smooth, the included parts are perfect, and the assistance from Mike BPMSport is absolutely flawless...

If you're considering this kit you should definitely go for it! Many many thanks to Mike for giving me that test ride back in 2016.

Pics coming soon, creating my own BMW story/build thread...
Past: '11 E91 335is, '11 E90 M3, '10 X5M, '14 328d, '03 330i Dinan3 ZHP, '04 330i ZHP, '12 X3 35i
Appreciate 6
      10-16-2019, 11:17 AM   #846
Aries326
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 Z4 3.0si, 2013 E92 M3 ZCP

Garage List
2013 E92 M3  [0.00]
2008 BMW Z4 3.0si  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JupiterBMW View Post
Let's get this thread back on track folks... I'd like to add in that I'm finally, after over 3 years of dreaming (and slowly sliding money out of wife's view ) I am finally part of the Harrop Supercharged family. I installed my kit in the tail end of September, and just got the car back yesterday from getting the rod bearings replaced. The car is now ready to rip. I have done a few spirited drives and pulls, and if nothing else, I know that the OEM 265/35-19s on the rear of the car are completely useless! Will definitely need to squeeze some 275s on there!

The torque and acceleration are absolutely insane. For me personally, the noise is absolutely intoxicating. The install was smooth, the included parts are perfect, and the assistance from Mike BPMSport is absolutely flawless...

If you're considering this kit you should definitely go for it! Many many thanks to Mike for giving me that test ride back in 2016.

Congrats on your upgrade! I'm looking to get the Harrop supercharger as well. I'm going to tuck some money away first for it. I've got a lot of stuff I want done to the car and I want to do it right. I can't wait to read about your build.
      10-19-2019, 06:52 PM   #847
Nick//M3
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 alpine white/fox red

Garage List
2013 Bmw m3  [0.00]
Quote:

Congratulations!! You are now part of a special class. 😉
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2019, 08:21 PM   #848
JupiterBMW
Self Proclaimed Roundel Junkie
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 E90 M3 & '13 F25 X3

Quote:
Quote:

Congratulations!! You are now part of a special class. 😉
Thanks! I'm pretty happy to be part of the club!
Past: '11 E91 335is, '11 E90 M3, '10 X5M, '14 328d, '03 330i Dinan3 ZHP, '04 330i ZHP, '12 X3 35i
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2019, 10:24 AM   #849
M.Hagen
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 M3

New thing happened this morning, curious if anyone else has heard this sound.

I took off from a stoplight very aggressively and immediately the supercharger whine tone changed. The tone sounded 'sick' - for a lack of a better description. More of a lower pitch. Lasted 10-15 minutes, slowly going back to normal by the time I got to work. The car didn't drive any different.

I think it may have been the belt getting too tight, but not sure why it would suddenly tighten when launched hard.

I am using the Continenal Elite-Pro 4060747 belt, which is slightly smaller than the belt that comes with the kit.

Thoughts?
      10-22-2019, 03:12 PM   #850
Bakerboy
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.Hagen View Post
New thing happened this morning, curious if anyone else has heard this sound.

I took off from a stoplight very aggressively and immediately the supercharger whine tone changed. The tone sounded 'sick' - for a lack of a better description. More of a lower pitch. Lasted 10-15 minutes, slowly going back to normal by the time I got to work. The car didn't drive any different.

I think it may have been the belt getting too tight, but not sure why it would suddenly tighten when launched hard.

I am using the Continenal Elite-Pro 4060747 belt, which is slightly smaller than the belt that comes with the kit.

Thoughts?
Could it be the throttle bypass valve?
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2019, 09:25 AM   #851
//steve\\
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3

If anyone has been sitting on the fence about one of these setups I just purchased a car that has it and I don't intend on keeping it. I'll be pulling it at some point most likely on the other side of Thanksgiving and getting a full inventory list of what's included.

I'm sure very few have gone the removal route but anything I'll need to purchase to re-sell it as a complete kit that's hard to reuse?
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2019, 10:35 AM   #852
bvrider1
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by //steve\\ View Post
If anyone has been sitting on the fence about one of these setups I just purchased a car that has it and I don't intend on keeping it. I'll be pulling it at some point most likely on the other side of Thanksgiving and getting a full inventory list of what's included.

I'm sure very few have gone the removal route but anything I'll need to purchase to re-sell it as a complete kit that's hard to reuse?
Mind sharing why you want to remove it?
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2019, 10:43 AM   #853
//steve\\
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3

Quote:
Of course!

I'm new to BMWs and have been looking at M cars for quite some time and finally got my hands on a fantastic car. I'll make an intro thread in the next week. That said I come from tinkering with S2000s for the last 10+ years all of which have been simple NA setups with all the focus being making the car lighter and faster in corners. Power isn't my thing. A stock M3 is already plenty fast enough for me. All my focus will be around handling.

Absolutely nothing wrong with the kit it's just not for me but the rest of the car was exactly what I was looking for so I wasn't going to dare pass up the chance to buy it.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2019, 10:49 AM   #854
Yoko22R
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Of course!

I'm new to BMWs and have been looking at M cars for quite some time and finally got my hands on a fantastic car. I'll make an intro thread in the next week. That said I come from tinkering with S2000s for the last 10+ years all of which have been simple NA setups with all the focus being making the car lighter and faster in corners. Power isn't my thing. A stock M3 is already plenty fast enough for me. All my focus will be around handling.

Absolutely nothing wrong with the kit it's just not for me but the rest of the car was exactly what I was looking for so I wasn't going to dare pass up the chance to buy it.
You really should reconsider. The car is amazing with the Harrop.
Appreciate 1
      10-24-2019, 10:51 AM   #855
cchen9_
VisionAutoworks
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 AW E92 M3 ZCP

Quote:

I would be interested. Somewhat local too. Travel to ATL very frequently.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2019, 11:19 AM   #856
bvrider1
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Of course!

Thanks for responding. Makes sense.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2019, 01:10 PM   #857
Bakerboy
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Of course!

Your mad to consider parting with it.

I've had all sorts of cars, na and boosted but the harrop m3 is the one
Appreciate 3
Yoko22R184.00
DrFerry6728.50
ebisu81079.50
      10-24-2019, 01:26 PM   #858
Yoko22R
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Of course!

Your mad to consider parting with it.

I've had all sorts of cars, na and boosted but the harrop m3 is the one
Couldn't agree more.
Appreciate 0