BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest

BPM

01-21-2021, 04:33 PM   #1
astris
Major
Rep
Drives: M4 ZCP Individual Mintgruen

Looks like Carb Conn and 22RPD are the two main options. Carb Conn with an AWD Dynojet and 22RPD with an AWD Mustang (I think)? Definitely want to go with a Dynojet, but based on some old threads, it looks like Carb Conn numbers tend to be low due a number of speculative reasons.

Anybody dyno'd at Carb Conn recently? Debating getting dyno'd there, but if their numbers are generally lower than most Dynojets, I might just pass.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2021, 05:32 PM   #2
leeyawn
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 04' CRV - 380k Miles and going

Not in seattle but maybe give Richtuned a call in lakewood. Not sure if thats too far for you.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2021, 01:59 AM   #3
TMANN
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '12 M3; '95 M3; '12 X535d

Quote:
Originally Posted by astris View Post
Looks like Carb Conn and 22RPD are the two main options. Carb Conn with an AWD Dynojet and 22RPD with an AWD Mustang (I think)? Definitely want to go with a Dynojet, but based on some old threads, it looks like Carb Conn numbers tend to be low due a number of speculative reasons.

Anybody dyno'd at Carb Conn recently? Debating getting dyno'd there, but if their numbers are generally lower than most Dynojets, I might just pass.
I've been to both, with the same car, and different cars. I've now learned for consistency and being able to compare gains/losses with mods, just pick one and stick with it. BMW and Audi clubs do events at both locations for a reduced fee if you are already a member.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2021, 10:07 PM   #4
astris
Major
Rep
Drives: M4 ZCP Individual Mintgruen

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMANN View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by astris View Post

I've been to both, with the same car, and different cars. I've now learned for consistency and being able to compare gains/losses with mods, just pick one and stick with it. BMW and Audi clubs do events at both locations for a reduced fee if you are already a member.
Consistency is one of my main concerns. I recall reading about a dyno at Carb Conn where a few closely modded and/or stock M3's put down considerably varying numbers.

I don't have a baseline, so was looking for a place that has dyno'd M3's with consistent numbers. If numbers are a little low, then I'm probably fine with that, but low and inconsistent is not really any help.