BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

BPM

06-22-2010, 08:35 PM   #45
thebmw
Post Advisor
Rep
Drives: More Manuals than Automatics

Quote:
Originally Posted by ersin View Post
Overall means that you consider everything, including practicality (back seat, and trunk) comfort, fun, etc. in addition to performance and price. The GT3 while being immensely fun to drive, is not so fun for every day driving, is very limited in practicality and comfort, and is pretty pricey too.

What is the best is subjective. If you weigh performance more than anything else, then for 400hp you want the GTR. It's not as practical, nor comfortable, nor even as fun to drive as the M3. But if that's all that matters than get the GTR. Or if money doesn't matter than the Veyron is the best car. If practicality is all that matters than a truck is best. To us here on the M3post forum, considering all the factors that are important for us and for the price, the M3 is the best. And the folks that write magazine articles about cars feel the same way.

Cheers.
Both points are true and I agree. I can't believe I said the GT3 is the best overall...typo. The GT3 may be a better sports car, but the 3 series coupes are better overall because you can use them as DDs. I think BMW drive great, however, after owning multiple BMWs with problems and a 335 coupe, I really wanted a non BMW coupe. I ended up getting a 335 again because it was the best overall car (and the only one that fit rear facing child seats).
Appreciate 0