BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 Photos/Video/Media Gallery

BPM

03-10-2015, 03:11 PM   #45
Conzyo
Pho is yummy
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 & E70 X5M & 12' GTR

Amazing build
      03-10-2015, 03:46 PM   #46
ArthurL
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 6MT (E93)

Subb'ed
Appreciate 1
      03-10-2015, 06:15 PM   #47
GabeS
Crazy!
Rep
Drives: E93 M3/Mk4 Supra/X6M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Properstyle View Post
I really hope the fronts have a low off set as 10.5 isn't much of a change when people are runnig 19x10 up front with ease on stock feners, looking forward to completed build sir.
10.5 +27 is the size of my current wheels on the stock body...
The fronts are going to be 11.5 -28 I believe, with a 6.5 inch lip..
is that agressive enough lol?
My new Sponsor AME North America and Rai got together and calculated the offset, my only requirement was at least 11.5 wide and 6 inches of lip.

Last edited by GabeS; 03-10-2015 at 06:27 PM..
Appreciate 1
      03-10-2015, 06:24 PM   #48
GabeS
Crazy!
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Ace View Post
this is pushing it for me.
That's what she said!
      03-10-2015, 07:50 PM   #49
SilentAttack
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 08 E90 Jerez Black 6MT

Epic builds!! wanna put a Lambo motor in my E9x?
      03-11-2015, 10:54 PM   #50
WTHardy26
Private
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by GabeS
10.5 +27 is the size of my current wheels on the stock body...
The fronts are going to be 11.5 -28 I believe, with a 6.5 inch lip..
is that agressive enough lol?
My new Sponsor AME North America and Rai got together and calculated the offset, my only requirement was at least 11.5 wide and 6 inches of lip.
Just 11.5 huh? Weeeaaaakkkk

IG- @WTHardy26
Appreciate 1
      03-12-2015, 01:02 PM   #51
GabeS
Crazy!
Rep

Some more body work done...

03-12-2015, 01:04 PM   #52
GabeS
Crazy!
Rep

I have been having a lot of fun doing sketches for the canards and sideskirts and diffuser.. trying to come up with something cool to fill in the flared areas.
I am no artist, but just trying to have a base to go off when I hand the instructions to Rai on how i want the Aero.

Last edited by GabeS; 03-17-2015 at 03:33 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2015, 01:21 PM   #53
SilentAttack
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 08 E90 Jerez Black 6MT

Win!
      03-18-2015, 01:26 PM   #54
GabeS
Crazy!
Rep

I have had an extremely busy week at work so I have not been able to update, but finally got some of the material and parts in that had been delayed and lost in shipping so will have some decent updates soon, I am heading to the shop after work to start setting up the front and talk about designs for the flares.
Shooting for liberty walk width and angle, but not all around flare like the
LB-E92 kits...
worse case we can just mold a piece of an LB style kit and modify it if necessary
      03-27-2015, 10:14 AM   #55
GabeS
Crazy!
Rep

Minor delays in the project set us back about 3 weeks now...
Figuring out the front flare.
and I made some design changes from using multiple canards to widening the rear bumper to match so custom caps will be made for that.
I should go check out the flares today to give my aproval but I dont have time due to orientation for my new 2nd job at 2pm.

I start working on the side as a VIP promoter/host for Marquee day and night club this next week, so if any of you guys are going to visit Vegas, hit me up for bottle service/table reservations and guestlists.
      03-27-2015, 01:06 PM   #56
whats77inaname
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: when at all possible

Quote:
Originally Posted by GabeS View Post
I start working on the side as a VIP promoter/host for Marquee day and night club this next week, so if any of you guys are going to visit Vegas, hit me up for bottle service/table reservations and guestlists.
Hell. Yes.
Appreciate 1
      03-28-2015, 12:07 AM   #57
dgoldenz
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Vanquish, FF, 392 Wrangler

Quote:
Minor delays in the project set us back about 3 weeks now...
Figuring out the front flare.
and I made some design changes from using multiple canards to widening the rear bumper to match so custom caps will be made for that.
I should go check out the flares today to give my aproval but I dont have time due to orientation for my new 2nd job at 2pm.

Hmmm...I live in Vegas. Tempting.
Appreciate 1
      03-28-2015, 12:46 AM   #58
Alen E90
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 328i TiAg

This build is incredible, can't wait to see the finished look

TiAg FTW!
Appreciate 1
      03-30-2015, 07:42 PM   #59
EzequielR
Major
Dominican Republic
Rep
Drives: E92 08 328xi

sub'd, this will be epic!
Appreciate 1
      04-02-2015, 09:39 AM   #60
cOrNiZzY
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M3 Convertible

sick!! SUB'D
Appreciate 1
      04-03-2015, 09:16 AM   #61
GabeS
Crazy!
Rep

I decided to leave the current body shop and find a new one or if Rai is willing to take the build on alone then that would be perfect! I am still waiting on his response.
I have started noticing shady practices, although I mentioned my budget several times with the staff and management, and they talked to me about how they will charge me fair rates and stay within my budget, they seem to think Bimmer=pot of gold and are trying to get rich quick on me.

Not to mention their own fabricators were unable to do the fab work so I had to bring in my own fabricator and I paid him out of my own pocket so they had minimum involvement in the work done in the rear, they just prepped it for paint, and they want $4000!!! for minor welding and prepping the rear to get painted, the guy literally said because its been here for so long and he had to pay his guys to be there... umm ok, I am not paying you for rent , I am paying you for work done. It only stayed there for so long because they told me they had done multiple widebody's and were experts at it and it turns out they dont know shit.

So I asked if the rear alone cost 4k how much were they planning on charging me to mold flares onto the front fenders and they said $3000!!!
$3k to mold flares???? and thats not even counting paint labor or supply's...rofl...
F*** this shop, they just lost a customer.
Let alone a large marketing tool that car will be when it hits webpages and SEMA and other shows.
      04-04-2015, 09:20 AM   #62
Deebo
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 AW E90 ZCP

Quote:
I decided to leave the current body shop and find a new one or if Rai is willing to take the build on alone then that would be perfect! I am still waiting on his response.
I have started noticing shady practices, although I mentioned my budget several times with the staff and management, and they talked to me about how they will charge me fair rates and stay within my budget, they seem to think Bimmer=pot of gold and are trying to get rich quick on me.

Not to mention their own fabricators were unable to do the fab work so I had to bring in my own fabricator and I paid him out of my own pocket so they had minimum involvement in the work done in the rear, they just prepped it for paint, and they want $4000!!! for minor welding and prepping the rear to get painted, the guy literally said because its been here for so long and he had to pay his guys to be there... umm ok, I am not paying you for rent , I am paying you for work done. It only stayed there for so long because they told me they had done multiple widebody's and were experts at it and it turns out they dont know shit.

So I asked if the rear alone cost 4k how much were they planning on charging me to mold flares onto the front fenders and they said $3000!!!
$3k to mold flares???? and thats not even counting paint labor or supply's...rofl...
Let alone a large marketing tool that car will be when it hits webpages and SEMA and other shows.
Lol... It's stayed here a long time and we've worked in it slowly, so we need you to pay more for the work done.

Good call on pulling out of that shop. It's hard to find people that do honest work but it can be done.
Appreciate 1
      04-05-2015, 01:55 PM   #63
GabeS
Crazy!
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deebo View Post
Lol... It's stayed here a long time and we've worked in it slowly, so we need you to pay more for the work done.

Good call on pulling out of that shop. It's hard to find people that do honest work but it can be done.
Pretty much...lol
not sure if I mentioned, their fabricator didnt know how to do it, so after almost a month sitting around with 0 progress, I told them I would bring my own guy in and he did the job together with their guy, in 4 days...lol

but he did all the fab work, I paid him out of my pocket and they pretty much said, they still wanted all the money even though they only did 30% of the work..wtf??? most ridiculous thing I ever heard..

Ill update again when I have decent news.

Just sad it looks like I wont have it ready before M fest
I might install the supercharger in the next couple weeks depending on where the car will be.
      04-05-2015, 04:34 PM   #64
r1762
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 E90 M3

Quote:

Awww man! hope you find a good shop, can't wait to see more updates.
Appreciate 1
      04-06-2015, 09:14 AM   #65
GabeS
Crazy!
Rep

I was doing some thought process and the general idea is that you wont be able to do a full widebody kit without spendign $8-10k...
It is true...that is if you just hand your car over to a custom body shop and say "I want a super widebody, here are the keys, come up with a design"!

But when you buy your own flares, create your own design from scratch, brign in your own panels, and your own fabricator, it should be minimal labor and material cost.

I had this mentioned to me a couple times, but it's generally by people who dont know that much about cars, who just have shops do everything for them and just pay the bill, but when you know what you are doing, source out the parts and have an exact plan of what you want done, it's much, much cheaper.
      04-09-2015, 12:38 AM   #66
saulcaldera
Rep
Drives: E93 M3

Subscribed. Excited to see it all finished. Nice to see someone doing something different then the LibertyWalk widebody kit. I just picked up an E93 last month. Hopefully getting some fortune auto coilovers soon! Do you have instagram?
Appreciate 1