BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

02-09-2006, 05:03 AM   #1
lux.sh
missing two turbos.
United_States
Rep
Drives: fast around corners.

Garage List
Okay, thats it. Seller: DTMpassion

Some of you might remember my thread regarding my cracked Hartge Lip.
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11776

its been days, I know he saw my PMs(alot of them) but he won't respond. Seeing how he was logged in just yesterday, and I know he saw my thread(saw his online status saying that he was viewing my thread), I guess he is saying the samething. "Screw him".

Yeah, Frank(aka DTMPASSION). Im talking to you. Such a pleasent and nice guy you were, until I told you about the cracks.

Don't get wrong though guys, I know alot of members in this forum who had good experience with him. Well, you guys are lucky bastards who received the item in good condition. Im just the unlucky one.

What pisses me off though, check out the thread I posted above.
As you can see in my thread, Packaging was clearly horrible. He did claim he had insurance on it, but with that kind of packaging, I know the shipping carrier won't even cover 1% of it. DTMPassion told me to contact USPS in US for insurance claim, but USPS told me that the sender/german shipping carrier has to handle it. And at this point, when DTMPassion won't cooperate at all and ignoring all my messages, I can't do anything about it.

Really, life sucks sometimes.
-Paypal denied my claim.
-USPS says the seller have to claim/report all the insurance crap.
-Seller(dtmpassion) won't respond.
-What can I do?

I even told him I don't want full refund anymore, just help me pay to fix for the damage. That was 2.4.2006. I have all the PMs for proof. He still haven't responded, so I take that as "No Lux, you deal with your sh1t.".

WELL! Thanks alot frank!!
First buying experience in E90POST was not so pleasent. I can appreciate frank for that.

Since it seems like im the only one and the first customer who is seriously disappointed and quite angry, I'll try to keep it cool and smile away this time.. but if any other member in this forum come up with similar ripped-off story, frank you shouldn't be selling any sh1t here.

-Sean

: Prior Design Front : ACS Rear : ACS Roof : BlackLines : Simota Intake : Carbon Fiber Interior Trim :
: MTEC V3 : 24% Charcoal : V1 Hardwired : Solaris Invisibulbs/LED interior :
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2006, 10:45 AM   #2
longtran
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
my question is, how come you didnt buy it from here (united states)? the hartge lip is available here now. i never buy anything out of the country unless its necessary.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2006, 02:10 PM   #3
lux.sh
missing two turbos.
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by longtran
my question is, how come you didnt buy it from here (united states)? the hartge lip is available here now. i never buy anything out of the country unless its necessary.
Lack of searching skill is all I can blame on.
You are right. Im going to try not to buy anything out of the country.

I usually buy alot of things from korea since its my native country and all, and never had a problem.
I guess its all up to "who" is sending it.

: Prior Design Front : ACS Rear : ACS Roof : BlackLines : Simota Intake : Carbon Fiber Interior Trim :
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2006, 02:21 PM   #4
longtran
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
is he hiding now? maybe he is using another name..
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2006, 02:36 PM   #5
Nikki
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sepang Z4MC

That sucks, I hope you get your money back for it.

Appreciate 0
      02-09-2006, 03:07 PM   #6
kidd0223
Private
Rep
Drives: E90 330i

Here's one more mad customer !!!

I also posted a thread asking 'USA Export' and my missing item.
I ordered blackline taillights on 12/16/05, but still NOTHING showed up yet. I even paid EXTRA money for premium shipping which cost me $ 60 for taillights from Germany to socal.

As Lux stated it, after he sold his item, it was difficult to contact him via PM.
After so many unresponsive PMs, he finally gave me the tracking number for 'USA Export' which I still have no idea what the heck it is. So I asked again for its official web site or phone number, he came up with the one, saying he googled it. I can do find it, too. I just don't understand why he didn't give me a tracking number from the beginning, and why he, seller, didn't have accurate information on shipping company but just googled it?

Anyway I was going to keep it private for some time, still waiting for my taillights but...it just pissing me off.

My patience is decreasing day after day................. :mad:
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2006, 03:10 PM   #7
timzerofive
there is no spoon
Rep
Drives: 330i manual

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Did you even check with a shop yet? Seriously, I don't think they will charge you too much to patch up those monir cracks. I understand its a matter of principle, but I don't think you're totally screwed.
      02-09-2006, 03:14 PM   #8
Jason
Administrator
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

I've contacted the seller..hopefully we can find resolutions for you guys.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2006, 04:50 PM   #9
lux.sh
missing two turbos.
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by timzerofive
Did you even check with a shop yet? Seriously, I don't think they will charge you too much to patch up those monir cracks. I understand its a matter of principle, but I don't think you're totally screwed.
OKAY guys. I guess Im not going to let this one slide easy.

Tim, I JUST came back from the paintshop(real cool guy, been getting my stuff painted since years ago. professional). Me being a super newb, I can't believe I didn't notice all those deep cracks until he showed it to me.

There are total 4 cracks that are cracked all the way through the fiberglass. If you see the back of the lip, there are clear crack marks, all expanding towards.. all over the damn lip. He told me its not just the gel coat problem anymore. Its the whole fiberglass construction that has to be re-done. :mad: :mad: He pointed out the exact spot, and I realize I could even see-through the deep crack i've mentioned. Its no where near get-it-patched situation.

He said it'll cost me around $400 to get it fixed properly. Since we know each other, he honestly told me its not worth getting fixed.

This is really out of my hand now. I am not spending $400 to get the damn lip fixed which isn't even my fault when I paid $500 for the actual lip.

HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!
Any action I can take at this point? This guy is all the way in germany so I don't know what to do.

kidd0223, I really hope you receive your stuff soon man. Don't want you to go through what I had to go through.

Jason, if you can please do that for me, I'll REALLY appreciate it.

Appreciate 0
      02-09-2006, 05:38 PM   #10
longtran
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
holy cow.....you guys got screwed. i hope they get this guy. luxsh, did you try contacting your credit card company? i hope you guys paid with your credit card. they should be able to help you guys out...
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2006, 05:56 PM   #11
timzerofive
there is no spoon
Rep
Drives: 330i manual

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Wow, ya deep cracks are bad... ummm...
I asked my friend just now, they do have a couple replica lips left over.... IF you want, they said if you are to sent that lip to them, and if they can fix it, they can either charge you for the fiberglassing (depending on how badly damaged that is), or they can give you a really good discount on a replica. But of course, if they can't fix the damage, then u're out more money for shipping, haha.
      02-09-2006, 08:34 PM   #12
godzmod
Private
Rep
Drives: 330ci 2004 SMG

dam that is fucking mess up and rip off. if i was you i will fucking buy the fucking ticket and fly over. and bring that shit with me just to show it to that seller what fiberglass is this, can i order some more snice easy crack like that. LOL....

for what i know fiberglass not gonna easy crack like that, i think that is cheap stuff. cant put those cheap stuff to your car man make your car look cheap too man.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2006, 12:35 AM   #13
kidd0223
Private
Rep

Jason, thank you for your help.

Any word from dtmpassion yet?

I guess my hope to get my item by this week is gone away again...D**m.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2006, 12:38 AM   #14
E90-4life
auto pilot
Rep
Drives: E60 M5 chilln on slicks

This guy really needs to respond, as if his rep. hasn't been tarnished enough.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2006, 07:51 AM   #15
lux.sh
missing two turbos.
United_States
Rep

Garage List
tim, appreciate your offer. I'll definitely consider it if this doesn't work.

I really hope DTMPassion comes out responsibly though. This really sucks.
Im trying to find out if there are any web transaction agencies that can help me out with this..

FRANK. RESPOND TO MY PRIVATE MESSAGES.

Appreciate 0
      02-11-2006, 01:29 PM   #16
racingart
Rep
Drives: SG 335i

As far as I know Frank from DTM passion is a standup guy. Many forum members have perfect transaction with him. and you know what, they never speak up when things like this happens. Guess its just one incident. Did you pay for insurance? If the package is trashed upon arrival. did you show it to the delivery guy? Insurance can't be filed by sender, thats industry rule.
As for the figerglass issue. Hartge makes this lip in fiberglass, how could it be frank's fault? He did his job and sent out the part. in the end, he is blamed for something he has never been able to control. Is it fair ?
I hope Frank will be posting up soon to clear this thing. Hope you guys can reach an agreement to solve this issue. Best luck.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2006, 04:46 PM   #17
lux.sh
missing two turbos.
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by racingart
As far as I know Frank from DTM passion is a standup guy. Many forum members have perfect transaction with him. and you know what, they never speak up when things like this happens. Guess its just one incident.
Frank WAS a "Standup" guy until my lip came cracked.
It doesn't matter if the guy had 99,999 good transactions, if the guy mess up and screw someone up once, he IS a bad seller.

Quote:
Did you pay for insurance? If the package is trashed upon arrival. did you show it to the delivery guy? Insurance can't be filed by sender, thats industry rule.
This particular package was sent via Deutsche Post in germany, and USPS handles it when it arrives to united states. Since this package didn't have any kind of tracking number, USPS told me that the SELLER(sender) must file a claim in germany through the post office he sent the package out from. Frank said he does have insurance on the item, yet when I told him how did the claim go, I lost contact with him. USPS says they won't do anything, Frank won't respond back, what the hell am I supposed to do now?

Quote:
As for the figerglass issue. Hartge makes this lip in fiberglass, how could it be frank's fault?
BECAUSE FRANK PACKED IT WRONG. I HAVE RECEIVED TONS OF FIBERGLASS PARTS AND ABS PLASTIC MATERIAL PARTS FROM OTHER SELLERS BEFORE AND RECEIVED IT JUST FINE. When you buy something from a seller and pays for shipping, you expect the seller to pack the item in correct manner. When item comes DOA(damgaed on arrival), and obvious bad packing is detected, seller is responsible for it. SHIPPING CARRIER WILL NOT COVER IT IF THEY SEE THAT THE PACKING IS HORRIBLE. For instance, with UPS or FedEx, they have minimum packing requirement that you must comply with it when you are packaging the item(ex. 3in of safe packing material all around the item, etc). If not, even if you claim insurance, they will NOT cover it. Timzerofive already mentioned this before in the other thread I posted.

Quote:
He did his job and sent out the part. in the end, he is blamed for something he has never been able to control. Is it fair ?
You are right 50%. He did send out the part(good!). Well, he packed it horribly so it came damaged(bad!). If he packed it good and arrived damaged, thats a mis-handling by the shipping carrier and insurance claim will be granted. This is NOT the case. Its unfair for me to receive something in damaged, and the seller won't respond at all after he finds out it did.

I know I sound like a whining kid right now, but you put yourself in my situation where you paid $500 for something, and it comes it totally F**ed up because of horrible packaging by the seller. Yet, shipping carrier and Paypal is keep telling me to contact and work it out with the seller, and seller won't respond at all. Tell me what you would do. Pay another $400 to get the item fixed?

I even mentioned in my other thread, I will not try to damage Frank's reputation, and thats why I kept seller's name private. I asked frank, and pleased him for help, and he just ignores me. I think I have right to tell everyone what kind of guy he really is now.

Last edited by lux.sh; 02-12-2006 at 06:42 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2006, 11:09 PM   #18
shragon
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

man, that sucks. i hope you are able to get your money back.

if that's what frank said, that shows what kind a guy he is. obviously he doesn't care about his customers. very unprofessional.

even if he decides not to do international orders, he needs to resolve this. the damaged product is the responsibility of the seller. the seller can then resolve the issue with the shipping company. frank, refund his money!

at the very least, frank should be banned from this forum to protect other members in the future, so they don't have to go through this BS.
      02-12-2006, 05:59 AM   #19
kidd0223
Private
Rep

what about my 'f***ing two month of waiting' blackline taillights?
When we ( because my brother bought it for me for christmas gift) placed an order, we really wanted the item to be delivered BEFORE christmas, so asked Frank for faster shipping method.
Premium shipping was what he suggested, saying it would take within 1 week once he shipped it out. But what the hell is it going on?

I totally agree with what lux said. He seemed so nice before paying, but after then, he became one of the hardest person to have contact with. He just responded like one out of 4,5 PMs even though he regularly logged in to forum. sigh..........

Hopefully everything goes right to us, lux.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2006, 11:14 AM   #20
db17k
Chicketeh china the chinese chicken, you have?
Rep
Drives: 335ci hold out

Garage List
2003 S2000  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason
I've contacted the seller..hopefully we can find resolutions for you guys.

yeah let them know their reputation is on the line at E90post, good look'n out

Appreciate 0
      02-16-2006, 05:40 PM   #21
creaminz
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 LCI

Any words from Frank or DTM Passion yet?
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2006, 05:56 PM   #22
aapriadi
Colonel
Indonesia
Rep
Drives: '13 F30 AW 320i

wow lux and kidd sorry to hear ur story! anyway best of luck to the both of you
Appreciate 0