BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Private Sellers - For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Parts

Mporium BMW

04-15-2023, 01:28 PM   #67
SOM3AT
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW e92 M3 Comp, BMW e46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gossypiboma View Post
Also this connection doesn't clip in or seal properly. I can pull it right off with no effort. It jiggles around with no positive connection.

Not what I would expect for $800.
I have an LCI

My installer said there were huge alignment issues and this morning my elbow popped off the coupler.

I'm going to need to reinstall this.

I'm running the plenum and the elbow, stock air box cover.

Did anyone else have fitment issues on LCI models?

I too am no expecting this from a $800 product.

Haimus sent me a video for the install, and it looked super straight forward, but seems like the performance shop I took it to said some of the holes for the screws on the air box didn't align after the elbow was in.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2023, 01:48 PM   #68
Gossypiboma
Major
Rep
Drives: 13' M3 6MT 18' M3 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOM3AT View Post
I have an LCI

My installer said there were huge alignment issues and this morning my elbow popped off the coupler.

I'm going to need to reinstall this.

I'm running the plenum and the elbow, stock air box cover.

Did anyone else have fitment issues on LCI models?

I too am no expecting this from a $800 product.

Haimus sent me a video for the install, and it looked super straight forward, but seems like the performance shop I took it to said some of the holes for the screws on the air box didn't align after the elbow was in.

I had an incredibly difficult time installing the intake. But once it was in place the fitment was so tight it distorted the lower airbox enough that installing the airbox lid was a real PITA.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2023, 04:21 PM   #69
SOM3AT
Canada
Rep

Quote:
I had an incredibly difficult time installing the intake. But once it was in place the fitment was so tight it distorted the lower airbox enough that installing the airbox lid was a real PITA.
I just RE&RE the intake again.

Fitment is good now.

Had to just give her on the filter part and it sat well.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
zcp31294.50
      04-15-2023, 08:38 PM   #70
chutak
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, X3 M40i

Having fitment issues too on my LCI. Finally got the elbow and filter on together, but my airbox lid wouldn’t line up. Had somewhere to go so put the stock elbow on, and will try again tomorrow.

Did anybody fit the elbow inside the plenum? The elbow lip fits inside the plenum inlet pretty tight, but wasn’t sure if this is the correct way. The filter went on easier with this method.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-15-2023, 09:50 PM   #71
cloumeM
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW e93 M3

Can't speak for the LCI models since mine is pre-LCI but the plenum & elbow look real tight. Not entirely sure but I don't think having them that close to each other will be good as they will rub again each other when the engine torques.
Appreciate 1
chutak206.50
      04-16-2023, 09:41 AM   #72
cloumeM
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nero_tDriveway View Post
Maybe if there's enough interest from everyone?
Can you please check minimum order for GB and the price? If not too many participants needed and not much difference in pricing, I might just order one directly from Haimus since they have some in stock and on sale. Thanks!
Appreciate 1
zcp31294.50
      04-16-2023, 09:49 AM   #73
chutak
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloumeM View Post
Can't speak for the LCI models since mine is pre-LCI but the plenum & elbow look real tight. Not entirely sure but I don't think having them that close to each other will be good as they will rub again each other when the engine torques.
Ah yeah, that makes sense. The silicone coupler didn’t fit too well that way anyway. Hope to get everything bolted on today.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2023, 10:01 PM   #74
SOM3AT
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chutak View Post
Having fitment issues too on my LCI. Finally got the elbow and filter on together, but my airbox lid wouldn’t line up. Had somewhere to go so put the stock elbow on, and will try again tomorrow.

Did anybody fit the elbow inside the plenum? The elbow lip fits inside the plenum inlet pretty tight, but wasn’t sure if this is the correct way. The filter went on easier with this method.
You need to tighten the coupler onto the elbow first and then install it on the plenum.

Then you need to get the filter to sit against everything before tightening the other clip (the one from the plenum side) once everything sits.

From there, you can align the air box lid and the bolts go in easier.

Haimus sent me an install video and I followed it to get the proper fit.

The hardest part is aligning the elbow while keeping the rubber coupler attached to the plenum side and getting the filter to sit.

Included the video here.

Hope it helps!

Appreciate 3
chutak206.50
zcp31294.50
cloumeM165.50
      04-17-2023, 07:05 AM   #75
zcp312
///M
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Can you please check minimum order for GB and the price? If not too many participants needed and not much difference in pricing, I might just order one directly from Haimus since they have some in stock and on sale. Thanks!
Yes please
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2023, 03:54 PM   #76
TDW_Nero
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 e92 M3 Space Gray

Quote:
Will do!
Appreciate 1
cloumeM165.50
      04-18-2023, 10:47 AM   #77
Gossypiboma
Major
Rep
Drives: 13' M3 6MT 18' M3 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOM3AT View Post
You need to tighten the coupler onto the elbow first and then install it on the plenum.

Then you need to get the filter to sit against everything before tightening the other clip (the one from the plenum side) once everything sits.

From there, you can align the air box lid and the bolts go in easier.

Haimus sent me an install video and I followed it to get the proper fit.

The hardest part is aligning the elbow while keeping the rubber coupler attached to the plenum side and getting the filter to sit.

Included the video here.

Hope it helps!

Two things about that video.

1. He basically flicks the flexible hose connector off the intake. The damn connection is poorly made and doesn't seal. That's why other intakes like Dinan incorporate a machined fitting instead of molded CF.

2. That must be a pre LCI car because my filter is magnitudes more difficult getting it to pop over the plunger.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2023, 02:52 PM   #78
cloumeM
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Two things about that video.

1. He basically flicks the flexible hose connector off the intake. The damn connection is poorly made and doesn't seal. That's why other intakes like Dinan incorporate a machined fitting instead of molded CF.

2. That must be a pre LCI car because my filter is magnitudes more difficult getting it to pop over the plunger.
I would have to agree with you on #1 that a machined part would make a better fitting (e.g., ones on the plenum). Fortunately, mine requires a gentle squeeze to pull the connector off the intake. Perhaps, another pre-LCI thing.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2023, 07:34 PM   #79
MisterClutch888
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 6MT ZCP

Can someone push for another Plenum group buy?
Slow Build
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2023, 02:03 PM   #80
chutak
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by siulung2005 View Post
I am gonna sell my Haimus Carbon Fiber Intake with filter. If anyone is interested, shoot me a PM!
I hope it’s not because of recent posts in this thread about fitment.

I ended up installing my intake the second time with ease. Maybe because I no longer expected it to fit like OEM. Like others have mentioned, it’s a tight fit so takes some fiddling. With advice from the guys here, got everything buttoned up easily. And yes, I’m embarrassed that I needed help installing an intake, lol.

I didn’t notice that much change in intake sound, but I wanna say I felt a snappier throttle response, or dare I say a small bump in torque. I don’t know, was only really expecting more intake sounds.
Appreciate 1
cloumeM165.50
      04-25-2023, 08:47 AM   #81
cloumeM
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chutak View Post
I hope it’s not because of recent posts in this thread about fitment.

I ended up installing my intake the second time with ease. Maybe because I no longer expected it to fit like OEM. Like others have mentioned, it’s a tight fit so takes some fiddling. With advice from the guys here, got everything buttoned up easily. And yes, I’m embarrassed that I needed help installing an intake, lol.

I didn’t notice that much change in intake sound, but I wanna say I felt a snappier throttle response, or dare I say a small bump in torque. I don’t know, was only really expecting more intake sounds.
I second the feedback about the sound and torque. I suspect I got used to the slightly louder sound after the plenum installed plus my exhaust system that eats up any sound increase from the plenum and intake elbow. Definitely, snappier than the OEM setup.
Appreciate 1
chutak206.50
      04-25-2023, 08:56 AM   #82
zcp312
///M
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nero_tDriveway View Post
Will do!
Nero_tDriveway any updates on this?
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2023, 05:44 PM   #83
TDW_Nero
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 e92 M3 Space Gray

Hello guys, take this as an announcement I will not be doing another group buy at this time.
Appreciate 2
zcp31294.50
cloumeM165.50