BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum

06-09-2011, 10:42 AM   #23
MonteCarloM3
Banned
Uzbekistan
Rep
Drives: a shitty M3

BMW corporate really doesn't care, all they want to know is if the dealership is making them loads of $$$.
I gave my local dealer an honest review of their shitty customer service after purchasing my M3 and they then told me they just deleted my review and no-one cared what i had to say.
Last time i ever buy a BMW will be this car.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2011, 11:56 AM   #24
KGB7
Crazy Russian Bastard
United_States
Rep
Drives: 01 740i sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorFunkyPants View Post
BMWUSA do in fact have some control over their dealer network...they can simply revoke an individual dealers franchise if it consistently performs below standard.
I would imagine that your dealer is pissed with his bad survey because it will have cost him in some way, most likely in some sort of bonus paid to dealers who perform to a certain standard.
^^This.

If I.G. got more bad reviews from OP friends and family, then BMWUSA would bring down the hammer.

Truth is, most people at a dealership get a bonus check every month from BMUSA for % of good reviews. The higher the % the bigger the payckeck. Plus many dealers in the area compete against each other to get their % of good reviews up so everyone can get a nice paycheck.

I remember as SA, we all got a $350 check once a month for simply having good reviews, but at the same time we had to work hard to get those good reviews. Ok, working hard was a lie, because being nice to people is not hard work in the first place.

Another dealership was getting $500+ checks, their positive review rating was in the +95% bracket.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2011, 12:11 PM   #25
raiste
Time is the fire in which we burn.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 SSII M3

You should submit your story to a site like http://www.consumerist.com

They are a not for profit website that is associated with Consumer Reports. They probably can't help you directly, but getting a story on their website spreads the word and may get you some help from BMW. Though I wouldn't count on the latter.

Appreciate 0
      06-09-2011, 12:12 PM   #26
iatacs19
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 SO M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Armin View Post
Unfortunately BMWNA will not do anything, as far as they are concerned the dealership are privately owned and can do what they please. BMWNA can be a liaison on issues but can not in any way tell them what to do. I pursued this all the way, that is why I think it's a great story for news media. This is the only way to get their attention.
You should also write a review via google which will provide much great exposure to the general public:

Name:  review.jpg
Views: 450
Size:  112.6 KB
      06-09-2011, 12:13 PM   #27
FStop7
I like cars
Vatican City State
Rep
Drives: M6

Quote:
BMWUSA's stance is that there is nothing they can do since BMW dealerships are independently owned.
BMW NA is a glorified importer. They don't give two shits about the end buyer. All they care about is selling cars to dealerships.
      06-09-2011, 12:27 PM   #28
signes
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991 GT3 RS

Does a dealer have any right to refuse to service a BMW? Keep making appointments and rating them all 1s after each time.
      06-09-2011, 12:30 PM   #29
1sikbmr
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by signes View Post
Does a dealer have any right to refuse to service a BMW? Keep making appointments and rating them all 1s after each time.
I wouldn't do that if I was planning on keeping the car past the warranty or modifying

F80 ///M3 6MT Avus Blue ZCP
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2011, 12:33 PM   #30
KGB7
Crazy Russian Bastard
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Yes they do have the right.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2011, 12:45 PM   #31
MonteCarloM3
Banned
Uzbekistan
Rep
Drives: a shitty M3

do this, great idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iatacs19 View Post
You should also write a review via google which will provide much great exposure to the general public:

Attachment 537037
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2011, 01:39 PM   #32
persian54
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M760/G83M4

Quote:
Would you really want them to touch your car...?
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2011, 01:43 PM   #33
mact3333
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16' YMB/Blk F82

after reading this, I will never reply to one of these requests...not worth it...guess i would rate them high if their service was stellar.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2011, 01:59 PM   #34
positiveions
Lieutenant General
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: 19 Tacoma, 16 Golf wagon

Garage List
OP sorry about your ordeal.
Looks like the owner doesn't need the money, nor the business if he is denying you service and sales.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2011, 02:46 PM   #35
M3Bahn
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3

Or you can do this.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53742
      06-09-2011, 03:02 PM   #36
1sikbmr
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Bahn View Post

F80 ///M3 6MT Avus Blue ZCP
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2011, 03:18 PM   #37
LarThaL
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTrey View Post
After recently taking delivery of my 2011 M3 and being honest in my BMWUSA review of I.G. Burton BMW in Milford, DE (poor review), I was instructed by the General Manager, Pete Renzi to "Please do not recommend our dealership to any of your friends. Please do not call us for deal on a car." The owner of the dealership, Charles Burton said in a follow-up email "The satisfaction report you filled out unfavorably about us really hurts our organization which you know." THE ENTIRE DEALERSHIP WAS COPIED ON THESE EMAILS. I am not going to bore you with all of the details, but I waited 6 hours at the dealership to take possession of a car that was already prepped and was told to "Google" how to use the vehicle. This has been a horrible experience and I have been in contact with Seema Kumar at BMWUSA and stated that I do not understand the purpose of doing their survey if this is the outcome. BMWUSA's stance is that there is nothing they can do since BMW dealerships are independently owned. My family has purchased 10 BMW's in the past 10 years. I referred 4 vehicles and my family has purchased 2 from I.G. Burton BMW over the past year. Bottom line is DO NOT PURCHASE ANY VEHICLES FROM I.G. BURTON BMW and BMWUSA does not act in your best interest.
The way the world really works.....

When you get these surveys, you should always give the dealer raving reviews. Even if they did a shitty job. Do this a few times, and they will start to kiss your ass and treat you like a king.

On top of that, get your dealer to install all your mods (if applicable). It is pure cash business for them.

If they did a shitty job, pull the GM or service manager aside and tell them..."hey, you guys could have done a little better with this, but I gave you all high ratings on the survey because I know it affects you. Just please try to be a little more careful next time, okay"

Trust me on this. I know from experience. After a few years, they will be giving you free services, nice loaner cars, etc.

Everything in life is a game or a deal. You just need to know how to play.
      06-09-2011, 03:19 PM   #38
signes
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sikbmr View Post
I wouldn't do that if I was planning on keeping the car past the warranty or modifying
Quote:
Originally Posted by KGB7 View Post
Yes they do have the right.
Quote:
Originally Posted by persian54 View Post
Would you really want them to touch your car...?
The comment was a bit of a joke but the serious part was whether they can deny you service. I would be shocked if their franchise agreement would let them.
      06-09-2011, 03:40 PM   #39
KGB7
Crazy Russian Bastard
United_States
Rep

Quote:
The comment was a bit of a joke but the serious part was whether they can deny you service. I would be shocked if their franchise agreement would let them.

And the serious answer was; "yes they can."
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2011, 03:48 PM   #40
llis
octane chick
United_States
Rep
Drives: ex-M

Garage List
2013 BMW M3 ZCP  [10.00]
2003 BMW M5  [0.00]
It's the dealer that's the problem here

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
The goal here is not customer satisfaction - not even remotely. The goal is to find out who the "trouble maker" customers are and to blacklist and/or mistreat them.
OR... it gives the dealer the opportunity to make right. I had that experience after an unsatisfactory experience, and if anything the relationship ended up better afterwards.

The survey is not the problem. A dealer attacking a customer for being unsatisfied -- that's the problem.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2011, 03:54 PM   #41
Prince_of_Persia
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 6MT E92 M3

Sorry but i feel it is a little bit your fault. When they told you to google the questions, i would not even pick up the car and ask for a refund!

I absolutely have no problem with my dealership. And the reason is i got to know them and talked to them and became even friend with the manager and my sales guy before buying my car. That way they were even eager to help me with anything possible! Everytime i give them perfect score and even few times I wrote to bmw canada about how happy i was with their service. Now even I get perfect service when i take my car for any maintenance work as well, they do well beyond what they have to do to keep me happy. I think you should know your sale guy, manager, service advisor before buying a car from them. Believe me, your experience with your car will be so much better this way!

AW|FR 6MT E92 ///M3
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2011, 04:43 PM   #42
onnex
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F80 M3

Garage List
2011 E92 M3  [9.26]
This is all very interesting to hear, as Sterling is about to get a rather unfavorable review from me (full write up going up here, and all over the other boards to warn others) after screwing me around. Oh well, I have a different and trusted dealership closer for service thankfully- let you know if I hear from them in the same manner... hopefully I won't have to deal with that
      06-09-2011, 05:38 PM   #43
signes
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGB7 View Post
And the serious answer was; "yes they can."
What are you basing that on?
      06-09-2011, 05:40 PM   #44
LarThaL
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Armin View Post
I had the same thing happen to me! the owner told me straight up to never come to the dealership again after a bad review.

During an oil change they over tighten the bolt and the next I was there for an oil change they tried to blame the last place that did the oil change, which was them! so I gave them a bad review on their survey and next thing you know the SA called me and told me not to ever come to the dealer, then his manager and then the owner.

It was at BMW of Sterling here in VA

I found it shocking and was actually going to get the news media involved. If there are more people out there, we should find a local news media and get the word out.

I really hate the fact that they are allowed to do this.
Again.....you need to learn how to deal with people. What you should have done is simply pulled the service manager aside, and in a light-hearted way just say...."hey, it was you guys that did the last oil change!". When you get the survey, give a rave review. When you go back for the next oil change, tell them you gave a great review despite the incident, so "if I take care of you, you need to take care of me".