BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > Australia

Mporium BMW

05-17-2019, 01:06 AM   #1
Rajvosa
Major
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

My AW E92 M3

Great to be back into another E92 M3! Sold my last one about 5 years ago and have been trying different M cars in the meantime. Enjoyed couple of E46's, E36, E39 M5, and more recently a 1M. The 1M is by far the most fun in my opinion, absolutely loved the torque it makes in low rpm and means i can have fun on the street without having to do silly speed. But time came to move on and then i was thinking going back to another E46 or trying a DCT M3 this time (first was manual). to be honest i didnt really gel with the DCT first couple of weeks but am loving it now. its just so suited to this engine i think and am enjoying the experience so far.

Little story about this car, i actually went to see it when it was advertised 2 years ago and shook hands on a deal with seller but day after he sold to someone else haha. Anyways, once the 1M just sold i came accross it and didnt want to miss out a second time so deal was done! for considerably less $ which is a bonus.

what attracted me to this particular car is the main maintenance items have been done (rod bearings as well as new throttle actuators). the car has 96xxx kms on it and interior and exterior present as a much much lower mileage car which is great. The other bonus was the set of 18" BBS RI-A wheels wrapped in some grippy 265 and 295 width yokohama AD08R tyre. this is my tyre of choice i always go for, so its great i didnt need to spend the extra this time to get it.

car has great option list, EDC, heated seats, premium sound, and came with carbon roof (must have for me). Interior is black leather and carbon trim.

Here is a few pics of when I just got it.

BBS RI-A

Car came also with unmarked oem style 220 set, but to be honest i just don't like them, so they were sold and i proceeded to find a set of M359's which came on Comp pack and the 1M's. i love these wheels and even though so many M3's run them, i just find they suit the car the best (just like the CSL wheels suit E46). After trying to find a used set of genuine ones unsuccessfully, i went for a set of replicas from CM Wheels. even though they are in UK and im in Australia, the shipping and prices worked out great and to top it off the quality of the wheel is amazing. they are the same width and offset as genuine and even the paint finish is very close! very happy with this purchase.

next came a few cosmetic mods. ive always loved the LED tail lights that came on LCI models, and found a great set at a local wrecker. got the wiring kit from Schmiedmann and had a friend code the LED lights in for me. Also purchased a carbon boot lip, bmw performance rep from JB Speed. this is the second boot lip ive got from them (1M also) and the quality of the finish and fitment is spot on! no weird gaps etc etc also got the side black trim from them and another top piece im happy with. (the car came already with front black grills).

to finish off this round of mods, i did a couple of little interior touches, namely the red stop/start button and the M button.

in terms of power mods, the car has got the Alpine tune and is running test pipes and modified muffler. i opted for the 2 pipe mod although rather than wrapping both pipes fully i did it 1/2 only... happy with the sound its making.

this is where i'm up to now.

at the moment i'm waiting to find some time to swap KW V3 from friends 1M into the M3.

for the future, maybe do the CIC upgrade and wouldn't mind some Recaros in there also, but we ll see what happens.

thanks for reading
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2019, 02:10 AM   #2
zhan28
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2010 M3 sedan 6MT

Nice pick up and tasteful mods. What made you decide to move on from the 1M? The 1M is a unicorn to most enthusiasts (myself included) and most will probably never get a chance to own one. Do you like the e92 better than the 1M? In what ways?

Looking forward to the feedback.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2019, 12:45 AM   #3
JJH
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: IB E92 M3 DCT; SG E90 325i

Great pick up and you've done some nice must-do mods to the M3! An absolute bonus is the set of BBS RI-As as that is the exact same wheel I run on mine. I should add I much prefer 18" wheels to 19's. I'm pretty sure I advised the previous owner where to source those wheels from (!). Interested to see they have a 265/295 tyre size (assume they are both 35 profile). Fronts should technically be 275s to keep with factory rolling distance but 265s are commonly used too.

Anyways, congrats on the new ride!
      05-18-2019, 02:25 AM   #4
CooLeh7
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 6MT

Welcome back to the e9x! Congrats on the slick ride. Hope to see it in the flesh soon. U sure go through ur M's......Let me know if u ever wanna get back into an e39 M5 😁
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2019, 07:10 PM   #5
aussiem3
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: Goggomobil

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajvosa View Post
Great to be back into another E92 M3! Sold my last one about 5 years ago and have been trying different M cars in the meantime. Enjoyed couple of E46's, E36, E39 M5, and more recently a 1M. The 1M is by far the most fun in my opinion, absolutely loved the torque it makes in low rpm and means i can have fun on the street without having to do silly speed. But time came to move on and then i was thinking going back to another E46 or trying a DCT M3 this time (first was manual). to be honest i didnt really gel with the DCT first couple of weeks but am loving it now. its just so suited to this engine i think and am enjoying the experience so far.

Little story about this car, i actually went to see it when it was advertised 2 years ago and shook hands on a deal with seller but day after he sold to someone else haha. Anyways, once the 1M just sold i came accross it and didnt want to miss out a second time so deal was done! for considerably less $ which is a bonus.

what attracted me to this particular car is the main maintenance items have been done (rod bearings as well as new throttle actuators). the car has 96xxx kms on it and interior and exterior present as a much much lower mileage car which is great. The other bonus was the set of 18" BBS RI-A wheels wrapped in some grippy 265 and 295 width yokohama AD08R tyre. this is my tyre of choice i always go for, so its great i didnt need to spend the extra this time to get it.

car has great option list, EDC, heated seats, premium sound, and came with carbon roof (must have for me). Interior is black leather and carbon trim.

Here is a few pics of when I just got it ....
Welcome back my Friend. Great by and nice touch. Hope to catch up after Ramadhan!
      05-19-2019, 10:27 PM   #6
Rajvosa
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhan28 View Post
Nice pick up and tasteful mods. What made you decide to move on from the 1M? The 1M is a unicorn to most enthusiasts (myself included) and most will probably never get a chance to own one. Do you like the e92 better than the 1M? In what ways?

Looking forward to the feedback.
the 1M is a special car and i had it almost 2 years. was my first turbo car and i absolutely loved the torque it makes down low. the chassis is so fun. i just wanted to change for the sake of change i guess. wanted something else to tinker with.if i could choose 1 car to keep it would be the 1M but the M3 is such an awesome car in itw right too. love the high revving V8 and learning to love DCT as ive always bought manuals...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH View Post
Great pick up and you've done some nice must-do mods to the M3! An absolute bonus is the set of BBS RI-As as that is the exact same wheel I run on mine. I should add I much prefer 18" wheels to 19's. I'm pretty sure I advised the previous owner where to source those wheels from (!). Interested to see they have a 265/295 tyre size (assume they are both 35 profile). Fronts should technically be 275s to keep with factory rolling distance but 265s are commonly used too.

Anyways, congrats on the new ride!
thanks mate. love your car btw! previous owner (well 2 owner ago) was Damien. love the BBS's

Quote:
Originally Posted by CooLeh7 View Post
Welcome back to the e9x! Congrats on the slick ride. Hope to see it in the flesh soon. U sure go through ur M's......Let me know if u ever wanna get back into an e39 M5 😁
thanks mate. yes should do another coffee something soon and all catch up ah you still got the M5 huh. such a great car and you never know where ill end up hahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiem3 View Post
Welcome back my Friend. Great by and nice touch. Hope to catch up after Ramadhan!
thank you! yes inshaallah. hope the fasting is going well for you
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2019, 04:26 AM   #7
ACTM333
Private
Rep
Drives: E36 M3, E46 M3 SC Man VF550

I enquired about this M3, only drama was its location. WA. owner was very genuine and I to was happy with the maintenance record and list of mods. A great car kept in pristine condition. Congrats
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2019, 08:33 AM   #8
Rajvosa
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACTM333 View Post
I enquired about this M3, only drama was its location. WA. owner was very genuine and I to was happy with the maintenance record and list of mods. A great car kept in pristine condition. Congrats
simple to send it over. in your profile says E46 SC?? hmmm swaps haha
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2019, 10:33 PM   #9
ACTM333
Private
Rep

Yes I Do have a very special e46 m3 manual SC. Big brakes mint Second owner.
No swaps here but would probably sell it outright soon.
You can pm me if you want some specifics and contact details.
Pete
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2019, 09:43 AM   #10
Rajvosa
Major
Rep

few more jobs/mods completed..

new DCT paddles installed. awesome fit and feel

also finally had a chance to get the coilovers installed. They came out of my buddys 1M.

they are the KW V3 variant. have had them in couple of other M3.s and always liked the ride.

Here is the installed pics. will need to get wheel alignment done and maybe raise the car a touch, will see. also had windows tinted today so a successful day

Appreciate 1
kmli59.50
      05-29-2019, 09:08 PM   #11
aussiem3
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: Goggomobil

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajvosa View Post
few more jobs/mods completed..

new DCT paddles installed. awesome fit and feel

also finally had a chance to get the coilovers installed ...
      05-30-2019, 12:21 AM   #12
ACTM333
Private
Rep

What height is the back screwed at? All the way down or still more in it?
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2019, 02:04 AM   #13
Rajvosa
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACTM333 View Post
What height is the back screwed at? All the way down or still more in it?
nah not all the way down. still got room to lower it more at front and back.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2019, 03:44 AM   #14
ACTM333
Private
Rep

Good to know mate..
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2019, 12:42 AM   #15
Fezza
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: '11 Japan Red E92 M3

Here are my bronze wheels on the car:
View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

I'm happy with the look
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2019, 04:13 AM   #16
Rajvosa
Major
Rep

Fezzes, that look great man!! Love the look
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2019, 04:52 AM   #17
Fezza
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Thanks mate
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2019, 03:31 PM   #18
groovetek
Private
Rep
Drives: AW E92 M3

Loving it. Didn't notice there was much activity on this regional section!
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2019, 07:56 AM   #19
JJH
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: IB E92 M3 DCT; SG E90 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fezza View Post
Here are my bronze wheels on the car:
I'm happy with the look
Looks great mate - bronze certainly suits!
      06-11-2019, 01:11 AM   #20
Fezza
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH View Post
Looks great mate - bronze certainly suits!
The factory blue calipers now look better with the bronze wheels too
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2019, 08:52 AM   #21
Fezza
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Madico Charcool 35 tint

Today I got the existing tint removed and installed new tint. Turns out it was some cheap version of 3M, even though it was dark I could feel the sun burn the side of my face.

Long story short, I purchased Madico Charcool 35 tint film from Rob @ Car Tint Melbourne, took the tint film to Trent @ TKO Tinting Carlisle who installed it on my car. Over a decade ago I used to live in the eastern states and had excellent experience with Madico which is well known there, but not a single tinter uses it here in Perth (I know because I was searching for it for the last decade).

So I said enough is enough, I'm going to buy it from the eastern states if I have to and I did just that. I just like the colour reproduction through film, it feels like you're looking through a great pair of ray bans.

Anyway, here are the results:

Appreciate 0
      06-18-2019, 06:00 PM   #22
bennyfx
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 6sp

looking nice mate!

can i just check - this is the headlight harness you used?
https://www.schmiedmann.com/en/bmw-e...1-12-2-181-307

what coding needs to be done?

i am about to update mine as well
Appreciate 0