BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > Canada

Closed Thread

07-29-2013, 01:04 PM   #23
BMW Fanatic
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: slow

They will most likely only update your software for free at the stealership if you have an ECU problem or they need to do some coding for parts that were replaced under warranty. Even then it isn't likely they will do this. They quoted me like $280 I believe for the update.

Go see Miguel, he'll hook you up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxicmegacolon View Post
So I recently took our vehicle in for service and some warranty work done to BMW Gallery here in Calgary and asked that they update the software to 240E and I had a tech call me back and say that he has never heard of 240E?! He says that the current version is 2.49 but that he has never heard of the "E". He then says that they will not update the software unless there is an issue and that if I wanted to update the software he would charge 2 hours of shop time. He then asked me if I wanted the software updated because of something I read on the internet? I tried to tell him about M3Post but he did not seem to have ever heard of this forum. When I answered his question with a "yes", he gave a chuckle. Any I missing something here? Has anyone ever got the software updated at the dealership that was not under a warranty issue?
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2013, 03:18 PM   #24
miguex@ecuprogram
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2010 X5 M

Quote:
So I recently took our vehicle in for service and some warranty work done to BMW Gallery here in Calgary and asked that they update the software to 240E and I had a tech call me back and say that he has never heard of 240E?! He says that the current version is 2.49 but that he has never heard of the "E". He then says that they will not update the software unless there is an issue and that if I wanted to update the software he would charge 2 hours of shop time. He then asked me if I wanted the software updated because of something I read on the internet? I tried to tell him about M3Post but he did not seem to have ever heard of this forum. When I answered his question with a "yes", he gave a chuckle. Any I missing something here? Has anyone ever got the software updated at the dealership that was not under a warranty issue?
hi, please give us a call at 403 - 457 - 3650 or come to our shop at 4505, 1 Avenue SE.

Please PM me for prices for Programming to 240E (euro or US version). Coding, Tuning and Update Factory software are also available. PM for additional info.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2013, 10:56 AM   #25
Toxicmegacolon
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by miguex@ecuprogram View Post
hi, please give us a call at 403 - 457 - 3650 or come to our shop at 4505, 1 Avenue SE.

Please PM me for prices for Programming to 240E (euro or US version). Coding, Tuning and Update Factory software are also available. PM for additional info.
I plan to, thanks. Based on the thread, someone said that the dealership may update the software to the latest one for us without cost. Guess that was incorrect.

More interested to know why the tech would say that he has never heard of 240E and that the latest BMW software update is 2.49? Does anyone know if there is a difference or is it just the same?
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2013, 01:36 PM   #26
miguex@ecuprogram
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
I plan to, thanks. Based on the thread, someone said that the dealership may update the software to the latest one for us without cost. Guess that was incorrect.

More interested to know why the tech would say that he has never heard of 240E and that the latest BMW software update is 2.49? Does anyone know if there is a difference or is it just the same?
Yeah, you will be surprised if you told the tech "can you code for mirrors folding by keyb" and he replied:" it is not possible on North America version..."
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2013, 01:39 PM   #27
miguex@ecuprogram
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

GTS DCT or Euro DCT are avaliable!!!

Euro 240E + GTS DCT + Euro MDM + ECU tune Stage 1 or 2 + Octane 94 = wicked!
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2013, 02:20 PM   #28
bigup
Random Car Person
Canada
Rep
Drives: Slow M3

Garage List
Big +1 for ECU Program - did a great job on my 2012 M3!

ECU tune + Euro 240E + Euro MDM + Euro DCT + Coding etc.

Attached Images

Appreciate 0
Closed Thread