BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Track / Autocross / Dragstrip / Driving Techniques

02-27-2022, 04:38 AM   #1
teasang
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: m3/zhp

E9X M3 AGI - Half Cage - 4 Point - Bolt On

Hi,

Does anyone have experience/knowledge with AGI Precision's 4 point bolt on cage? I want to know if they are a reputable company.

In there "about us" it states "AGI founder and Managing Director Adam Gotch has over 27 years of experience across the highest levels of motor racing and vehicle fabrication. Adam spent eleven years on the European motor racing scene including time as a Grand Prix Mechanic with the BMW Williams Formula 1 team..."

I could not find any information regarding their 4 point cage in the forums and other groups.

Here is a link to their website: https://www.agi-precision.com.au/pro...e-4pt-bolt-in/

Last edited by teasang; 02-27-2022 at 04:40 AM.. Reason: Misspelled
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2022, 07:33 AM   #2
leftfootbr8king
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Are you sure they will ship to the US? Just tried to get a s/h estimate and found "no shipping options exist"

Nice looking cage. When I check the options to get it on par with other the cages available it comes out to $1900 before shipping charges.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2022, 10:16 AM   #3
sc_tr0jan_m3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 Grigio Telesto F80 M3 DCT

Why not find a local builder who knows the rules and regulations for your organizations?

2018 Grigio Telesto F80 M3 DCT | :: Bone Stock ::
2004 Titanium Silver E46 M3 6 Speed | :: Track Car ::
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2022, 10:40 PM   #4
roastbeef
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

you're going to pay extra for something non-proprietary that you could easily buy here or have something custom made.
      02-27-2022, 10:59 PM   #5
teasang
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by roastbeef View Post
you're going to pay extra for something non-proprietary that you could easily buy here or have something custom made.
Thank you for your input. Initially, I wanted to purchase a roll cage from StudioRSR, but I have heard very mix reviews from some friends and other local M3 owners.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2022, 11:01 PM   #6
teasang
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc_tr0jan_m3 View Post
Why not find a local builder who knows the rules and regulations for your organizations?
I have contacted a few shops around my area, but nobody replied back.

I do think I am leaning towards a custom cage.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2022, 11:03 PM   #7
teasang
Private
United_States
Rep

I appreciate the input everyone.

Thank you

Dylan
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2022, 08:25 AM   #8
OG Shark
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: Angry

teasang - what are you planning on using the car for? Will you potentially be going with a full cage down the line? Or is a half cage the end point for awhile? If think you might go to a full cage I would definitely try to get with a custom builder and see if they are willing to build the back half now in a manner that will be competition legal when the front is completed. If you do not have access to a cage builder - but do have access to a competent welder than a package can be built where the pieces are cut, bent, & notched as necessary and can then be assembled & welded by the end user. This gives you the option to have the rear spec'd for competition moving forward as well. Just want to insure the material is legal and that same material is used for the front half of the cage (this should not be an issue - just make note of it). For this option you would want to have the interior pretty well how you would want it down the line though (ie headliner). Bolt in half cages are typically built for keeping the headliner in place - without the headliner in place there would be a gap that as a cage builder I would have wanted to eliminate. So if you have someone make you a kit for a weld in rear to reuse as a full cage down the line I would definitely consider removing the headliner now. But if you are keeping the headliner would likely lean towards a bolt in half cage for now. Our bolt in half cages are based on keeping the headliner in place (that's what I have in my M2C since I'm keeping the full interior besides the rear seats). Our E92 cages are designed in the same manner. So a lot comes down to how you plan to use the car now and also down the line. Options are definitely out there.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2022, 01:01 PM   #9
e36clubracer
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Ram 3500, f80M3, e36M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by teasang View Post
Hi,

Does anyone have experience/knowledge with AGI Precision's 4 point bolt on cage? I want to know if they are a reputable company.

In there "about us" it states "AGI founder and Managing Director Adam Gotch has over 27 years of experience across the highest levels of motor racing and vehicle fabrication. Adam spent eleven years on the European motor racing scene including time as a Grand Prix Mechanic with the BMW Williams Formula 1 team..."

I could not find any information regarding their 4 point cage in the forums and other groups.

Here is a link to their website: https://www.agi-precision.com.au/pro...e-4pt-bolt-in/
Your signature says you're in the bay area. You have one of the best fabrication shops on the west coast (maybe the country) in San Jose with TC Design. Give them a call and get on their schedule. Tony and Joe do amazing work and can build anything you'd imagine. Their lead time may be a bit long these days but it is for good reason.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2022, 01:21 PM   #10
sc_tr0jan_m3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

TCDesign or bust. My e46 is caged up by them and couldn't be happier.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-01-2022, 05:10 PM   #11
b4hand
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 ZCP M3

Quote:
Those A Pillar gussets are huge
      03-01-2022, 05:21 PM   #12
sc_tr0jan_m3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by b4hand View Post
Quote:
Those A Pillar gussets are huge
Yet still don't block your view

Appreciate 0