BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

Mporium BMW

02-25-2009, 01:57 PM   #133
lincoln
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 Melbourne Red Coupe - DCT

Thanks for the info JT. I have a few friends in the bay area and have taken my pcar there once too... if and when I get down there w/ the M, I'll hit you up.... I owe you a drink at the very least for the play by play you've given the past few weeks. Cheers.
      02-25-2009, 06:03 PM   #134
2fast0
Private
Rep
Drives: 17 x5m

My car is in transit, to the VPC!!!
jeeeeez......how many in transit are there going to be before i see the car!!??
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2009, 07:40 PM   #135
Jerktown
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 09 E90 M3-DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by lincoln View Post
Thanks for the info JT. I have a few friends in the bay area and have taken my pcar there once too... if and when I get down there w/ the M, I'll hit you up.... I owe you a drink at the very least for the play by play you've given the past few weeks. Cheers.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2009, 08:19 PM   #136
Jerktown
Private First Class
Rep

HC is just now leaving the SD port. Unfortunately, it says its next stop is Long Beach, not PH, so we have to wait for it make one more stop, I guess.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2009, 07:50 PM   #137
luckylindy
Registered
Rep
Drives: 128i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogears View Post
Dude... I was just thinking what a wacked obsessive bunch we are... I've been refreshing SAILX all day!

Mine is probably already offloaded. Hope she gets here by Monday or Tuesday.

Then the hard part! 1200 miles of restraint. Also need to move my built in radar from my M45 to the M3.
The Hoegh Chiba just left Long Beach enroute to Port Hueneme, according to my AISLIVE account which should have expired by now but didn't. Scheduled into PH now tomorrow feb 27.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2009, 08:08 PM   #138
schadenfreude
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 E90 M-DCT M3

Garage List
2009 E90 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckylindy View Post
The Hoegh Chiba just left Long Beach enroute to Port Hueneme, according to my AISLIVE account which should have expired by now but didn't. Scheduled into PH now tomorrow feb 27.
Thanks for the update. I was all pumped, thinking Port Hueneme was the SD port, not realizing the VPC docks were further up the coast.

Since the HC got close to San Diego, I've been able to follow it at marinetraffic.com. It's a free site. No registration required.

Last edited by schadenfreude; 02-26-2009 at 11:04 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2009, 12:02 AM   #139
knifegun
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Anyone know if Fedora has docked?
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2009, 12:22 AM   #140
lincoln
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Yeah, it's posted by Jerktown a couple of posts up. It docked... the 800# says mine is waiting for transit now.
      02-28-2009, 02:33 PM   #141
aajami
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Space Gray '09 E92 M3

It looks like the Hoegh Chiba is steaming towards Hawaii or Japan, which means the cars are either at the dock at PH, on their way to the prep center, or at the prep center already. Hopefully by this time next weekend, I should have the M3.
Mods: M Performance exhaust | ZCP retrofit | Euro airbox | GTS DCT flash | JPN 240 ECU flash | Euro LCI taillights | CRT lip | OEM alarm retrofit | Space Gray bumper plugs | BMW Performance: Mk. II spoiler / Mk. II non-electronic steering wheel / mirror caps / front grilles / side gills / intake louvers / emblem
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2009, 04:08 PM   #142
URBAN LEGEND
Rocky
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16 M5, 18 ZL1 1LE, 18 M3

I picked up mine today. All I can say is that the wait will be worth it. I promise.
      02-28-2009, 05:05 PM   #143
ColoCane
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogears View Post
Moonroof (I did not order moonroof but it lists it)
Dogears, you've got to be real close to delivery!! (Mine is on the Tombarra, which I think is about to go through the canal... hopefully).

I noted in your OP about the moonroof. I have 2 items listed that I didn't order either (Park Distance and Rear Shade). Is that an error that BMWUSA.com never corrected? As they placed my order on a car that was already in production, at 155 I think, are these items they've left on? I'm thinking it is an error, as it also shows Carbon Leather AND Sycamore Anthracite, as trims. Obviously, can't have both.

Just curious...

'97 E36 M3 Sedan Hellrot Red/Black; '03 E46 330Ci Met. Gray/Black; '06 E46 330Ci ZPF Imola Red/Saddle
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2009, 10:19 AM   #144
dogears
My master volume goes to 11
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M5 Competition

I got mine this past Tuesday! I already have 170 miles on it. I've been driving it a lot to try and get to 1200 as soon as possible. The car did not have the moonroof so the BMW site was wrong. The config was exactly as ordered. The car is amazing. And, the enhanced premium sound is killer and well worth it. Don't believe all you read about it not being good. It is very good, especially cranked

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoCane View Post
Dogears, you've got to be real close to delivery!! (Mine is on the Tombarra, which I think is about to go through the canal... hopefully).

I noted in your OP about the moonroof. I have 2 items listed that I didn't order either (Park Distance and Rear Shade). Is that an error that BMWUSA.com never corrected? As they placed my order on a car that was already in production, at 155 I think, are these items they've left on? I'm thinking it is an error, as it also shows Carbon Leather AND Sycamore Anthracite, as trims. Obviously, can't have both.

Just curious...
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2009, 01:44 PM   #145
2fast0
Private
Rep
Drives: 17 x5m

man, I got my yestarday afternoon, and i already put 80 miles on it! u gotta drive it even more!!

I love the sound of this car!
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2009, 01:34 AM   #146
lincoln
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Mine just got to the dealership. I went there today to look at it, I know cheesy. It won't be ready after PDI until Thursday. The "M" technician is out until Wednesday and won't be able to do the inspection until then. What the heck man... it's pretty though.
      03-03-2009, 11:19 AM   #147
aajami
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

bmwusa.com still says my car is en route, even though the HC docked last Thursday or Friday. Anyone else on the Hoegh Chiba have a different update?
Mods: M Performance exhaust | ZCP retrofit | Euro airbox | GTS DCT flash | JPN 240 ECU flash | Euro LCI taillights | CRT lip | OEM alarm retrofit | Space Gray bumper plugs | BMW Performance: Mk. II spoiler / Mk. II non-electronic steering wheel / mirror caps / front grilles / side gills / intake louvers / emblem
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2009, 12:59 PM   #148
Jerktown
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by aajami View Post
bmwusa.com still says my car is en route, even though the HC docked last Thursday or Friday. Anyone else on the Hoegh Chiba have a different update?
Nope, same here - since the Fedora got in just a couple days before the HC, and lincoln's car is at the dealer, I'm hoping it'll just be another day or two, though.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2009, 01:37 PM   #149
aajami
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

I just called my fleet manager, and he said that the cars that were on the HC are now at the prep center, and will be scheduled for release Friday morning. That means that anyone whose dealer is within a few hours' truck drive from the prep center will get their cars on Friday.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2009, 02:24 PM   #150
Jerktown
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by aajami View Post
I just called my fleet manager, and he said that the cars that were on the HC are now at the prep center, and will be scheduled for release Friday morning. That means that anyone whose dealer is within a few hours' truck drive from the prep center will get their cars on Friday.
Really? I thought the dealer had to do dealer prep, also, waiting for a truck from the VPC, truck making several stops, dealer dealing with all the cars they're getting off the truck, not just mine, etc - I'd think it might not be until Tuesday or later if the car won't exit the VPC until Friday

Sucky thing for me is that the dealer might not go more than $7000 on my trade-in, but carmax quoted me at $8500, which is valid until Saturday. After that, I have to go through the appraisal process again, maybe get a lower quote, etc. PITA.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2009, 03:20 PM   #151
aajami
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerktown View Post
Really? I thought the dealer had to do dealer prep, also, waiting for a truck from the VPC, truck making several stops, dealer dealing with all the cars they're getting off the truck, not just mine, etc - I'd think it might not be until Tuesday or later if the car won't exit the VPC until Friday
I'm not sure how long the dealer prep time normally takes, nor do I know what kind of volume that dealership is doing these days, but it strikes me that it's the kind of thing that can be done in just a couple of hours if they're not very busy. Seeing as how the prep center is only about 20 miles away from this dealership, having the car by Friday afternoon is entirely feasible.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2009, 04:49 PM   #152
lincoln
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerktown View Post

Sucky thing for me is that the dealer might not go more than $7000 on my trade-in, but carmax quoted me at $8500, which is valid until Saturday. After that, I have to go through the appraisal process again, maybe get a lower quote, etc. PITA.
I know, my trade-in in this economy hurts too. Keep in mind the sales tax you save on... where I live it's 9.1% so on $7000, that's nearly $640. So you're really only $860 or so off... plus, you're getting a new car! This is the only time guys are allowed to have emotional purchases...haha.
      03-03-2009, 05:27 PM   #153
Jerktown
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lincoln View Post
I know, my trade-in in this economy hurts too. Keep in mind the sales tax you save on... where I live it's 9.1% so on $7000, that's nearly $640. So you're really only $860 or so off... plus, you're getting a new car! This is the only time guys are allowed to have emotional purchases...haha.
Haha, did you forget I live in California? We don't get that sales tax break, of course. This is the state where, when I moved here, I had to pay sales tax again on the car I'd bought 4 years earlier in Minnesota. If the dealer could get to $8000 I'd do it, since it saves me a bunch of hassle, but $1500 is enough that I'll go to the extra trouble.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2009, 02:57 PM   #154
Jerktown
Private First Class
Rep

Just got an email from the dealer - my car is there and ready! aajami, you should be hearing the same shortly, if you haven't already
Appreciate 0