BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > Canada

06-23-2009, 03:06 PM   #683
sparkyg
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: A6 Allroad

Quote:
Originally Posted by solaraxis View Post
Hey guys,

I am from Edmonton, and thinking of purchasing an E90 M3 DCT w/navi. I was just wondering what type of discount I can expect from the two dealers in town here? I have bought a couple of BMW's in the past so hopefully its worth something.

If you dont mind letting me know how much discount you got on your M3's that would be great. If you dont feel comfortable posting it on the board, feel free to PM.

Thanks for your help. Just want to arm myself with more info before I head over and strike a deal.
Just talked to Calgary BMW sales and there are no deals to be had.

Shitty. Even with that you'll be lucky to get a few $k knocked off and financing is 8.25%, wtf?

Looks like Albert and I were the last of the deals. wow

BMW Canada has cut stock way back too so thereare hardly any cars, mostly now you order and wait 3 months. sucks
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2009, 06:36 PM   #684
AMJ_77
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: AW E92 M3 M-DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkyg View Post
Just talked to Calgary BMW sales and there are no deals to be had.

Shitty. Even with that you'll be lucky to get a few $k knocked off and financing is 8.25%, wtf?

Looks like Albert and I were the last of the deals. wow

BMW Canada has cut stock way back too so thereare hardly any cars, mostly now you order and wait 3 months. sucks
I guess that is good for us owners here in Canada because our cars are going to hold their value nicely!

Ya I decided against putting the pulley in Glenn. I am doing no other mods to my car for now and it is seriously fast even without the pulley so I am willing to part with it for a reasonable price.

I will see what time my ball is on Wednesday night and if I am free I will be there for the Euro meet!
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2009, 09:54 PM   #685
2thdr
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: '18 Macan GTS/'18 GT3/''21 X5M

I have patients until 7 and have family staying over. I'll update tomorrow as to whether I am going to be able to make it. Glenn, when is the car going in to Doug's?

Albert, I think I may be done for this year, too. Although, I have to talk to Felix about the Fabspeed Xpipe. I am going to add the rear Brembos early next year once my bank account recovers...lol.

On a side note, can anyone chime in on the truth or lack thereof in the notion that teh 2000KM service involves some sort of change in the engine's computer which opens up more power. I called Bavaria to schedule my 2000Km service in advance and they mentioned needing time to put in the updates and to take the restrictions off the engine.

I thought that was not considered to be reality?
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2009, 04:03 AM   #686
Fentanyl
///Mazing
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 AW M3 6MT

Garage List
2008 E90 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMJ_77 View Post
I guess that is good for us owners here in Canada because our cars are going to hold their value nicely!

Ya I decided against putting the pulley in Glenn. I am doing no other mods to my car for now and it is seriously fast even without the pulley so I am willing to part with it for a reasonable price.

I will see what time my ball is on Wednesday night and if I am free I will be there for the Euro meet!

If u can't find a good price on the pulley u should just get it installed, make it more of a neck snapping beast I gotta pass on the euro meet got a night shift maybe next time.
      06-24-2009, 10:26 AM   #687
Hamann330
Rep
Drives: Audi S4

Guys, we do this every 2 weeks. So the next meet will be July 8th at the same time same place. Look forward to meet some of you tonight.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2009, 11:15 AM   #688
sparkyg
Brigadier General
Rep

Prob can't tonight, the 8th is better. We'll see what we can do to get some of us out
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2009, 11:25 AM   #689
sparkyg
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2thdr View Post
I have patients until 7 and have family staying over. I'll update tomorrow as to whether I am going to be able to make it. Glenn, when is the car going in to Doug's?

Albert, I think I may be done for this year, too. Although, I have to talk to Felix about the Fabspeed Xpipe. I am going to add the rear Brembos early next year once my bank account recovers...lol.

On a side note, can anyone chime in on the truth or lack thereof in the notion that teh 2000KM service involves some sort of change in the engine's computer which opens up more power. I called Bavaria to schedule my 2000Km service in advance and they mentioned needing time to put in the updates and to take the restrictions off the engine.

I thought that was not considered to be reality?
Car is going to Dougs next week.

Yeah I am done modding for the year. I am still iffy on the HFC and xpipe. It is way louder in the car, and while it is nice sometimes it is not nice all the time. Alot more buzz to the chassis and the ride. I am not sure if I would recommend it to anyone unless you wanna go balls out. It is a dramatic change. I may pull off in the fall.

The 2000km service is just fluids and a check computer for codes peek. There is not additonal changes to the car.

Now speaking of my placebo effect I thought it felt different.

But the thing is you finally really open it up so I suspect it might be more of the car finally letting go than any changes that the dealer does.

Make sure to get the 6MT oil changed Harbuksh. It is a required change. Same goes for the rear diff and the engine oil of course.

We need to do that mini-meet still gents.

Is everyone taking off in July or are most of us around till later in the month?

We should just do a coffee on teh Southside where we did before at Save -on. Simple, easy to get too and we can get together for a hour or so.

We can even head over to Terwilligar too. Any good places over there Harbuksh?
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2009, 02:05 PM   #690
fe55
Private
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 DKG

sparkyg Do you think that if you install some insulation around the x pipe that it will be quieter?
I was thinking about doing the fabspeed xpipe and HFC's but I am proceeding cautiously since your comment 2 weeks ago.
Let me know what you think.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2009, 02:59 PM   #691
2thdr
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: '18 Macan GTS/'18 GT3/''21 X5M

Felix, I need to send you forward you a message on here in regards to the Fabspeed.

Glenn, there is a Starbucks on the SW corner of 23rd Avenue and Rabbit Hill Road that is in a smaller strip mall. I don't think the parking lot is that crazy on a weekend. Even then, each corner at that intersection has a strip mall with ample parking.

Mini-meet would be good. I am out the first weekend of July and the weekend of July 19/20. Other than that, ready to roll.

I have to say one thing about my mods...a few of the times that I hear a rub in the read with a bad bridge expansion joint or a ripple in the concrete makes me wonder if I am on the path to rolled rear fenders or removing the HR springs. Love the look, but really don't want any damage to the body of the car. Ah, the price of vanity...
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2009, 03:12 PM   #692
Hamann330
Rep

Quote:
Felix, I need to send you forward you a message on here in regards to the Fabspeed.

Glenn, there is a Starbucks on the SW corner of 23rd Avenue and Rabbit Hill Road that is in a smaller strip mall. I don't think the parking lot is that crazy on a weekend. Even then, each corner at that intersection has a strip mall with ample parking.

Mini-meet would be good. I am out the first weekend of July and the weekend of July 19/20. Other than that, ready to roll.

I have to say one thing about my mods...a few of the times that I hear a rub in the read with a bad bridge expansion joint or a ripple in the concrete makes me wonder if I am on the path to rolled rear fenders or removing the HR springs. Love the look, but really don't want any damage to the body of the car. Ah, the price of vanity...

Hey that's right by my place. I am BMW-less right now but if I can join I will go~~

Also, I think you have 3 solutions....
1. Buy another set of tire that is slightly narrower
2. Roll fender
3. Coil Overs
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2009, 03:24 PM   #693
sparkyg
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fe55 View Post
sparkyg Do you think that if you install some insulation around the x pipe that it will be quieter?
I was thinking about doing the fabspeed xpipe and HFC's but I am proceeding cautiously since your comment 2 weeks ago.
Let me know what you think.
Absolutely no room for insulation. It is so tight in there. Just fractions of an inch between exhaust and heat shield and then heat shield to drive shaft.

Great idea just no room for it. Our cars are so well packaged in a tight box that there is no room for great ideas like that.

I have read other posters mention the same thing. Our cars are very poorly insulated in that area of our cars so it makes the small change even more noticeable.

The Fabspeed may not be that bad but then you have cut your exhaust so you are kinda screwed then.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2009, 03:29 PM   #694
sparkyg
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:

Yeah I knwo that 'bucks, we can hang there some time, good idea. Close for most of us.

Maybe the secong weekend of July??

fe_55 is in the 'park but maybe he can Henday it out.

The Dinan kit is nice and tidy and much less drop Harbuksh. Something to consider for a little bit of drop but good ride clearance. You should see Albert's Eibachs. Looks really sharp and that is an option too. The H&R is a big drop for sure.

I still haven't put mine on, still sitting in the box.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2009, 03:31 PM   #695
sparkyg
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamann330 View Post
Hey that's right by my place. I am BMW-less right now but if I can join I will go~~

Also, I think you have 3 solutions....
1. Buy another set of tire that is slightly narrower
2. Roll fender
3. Coil Overs
Good ideas all, fender roll is tough and changing tires is prob a no-go.

Coil overs, maybe but then there are not many "killer" coil overs. The KW are ok but not as good as you think and huge $$$.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2009, 03:39 PM   #696
Hamann330
Rep

Yes I agree with you. I am using H&R sports spring setup on my S4 right now and I have the same problem. It rubs due to the wider tire size (I am running 245s all around, 235 should be optimal for it). So I am just letting it rub and when they wear out I am getting 235s.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2009, 07:04 PM   #697
jackolo
Groin Grabbingly Trascendent
Canada
Rep
Drives: 17' M3 ZCP AY/SS 6MT

Well, I got the EAS DVD Module installed at F/X Audio last week. It was an hours labor so around $70. Everything is working perfectly so far. Although I'm starting to wonder if it was a good idea... I was having a bad morning so I turned on Jackass 2.5 on the way to work...It certainly perked me up but now I realize the temptation and it's bad.

Thanks for the update on the Xpipe and HFC, Glenn. I wanted to go this route but if there is certainly more vibration in the cabin, I'm going to hold off. My plans for the Meisterschaft fell through as well from the sellers side of things so now I have to wait again, which might not be a bad thing.

I'd certainly be interested in any meets whether it was a M3post or the Eurodrivers mentioned before. I got Los Angeles July 20th till 25th and random Calgary drives. I however have no issues meeting anywhere in the city or nearby so let's get another meet going. Another mid Saturday greet would be awesome.
      06-24-2009, 08:31 PM   #698
fe55
Private
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 DKG

Im up for a meet in mid july . Will be away from the 25th on thorugh the long weekend.

Regarding the Fab speed HFC and x pipe.
If I have to cut my exhaust im not interested. I thought that fab speed had a bolt on option??
I really don't have time during the day to call them but i think that is probably what has to happen.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2009, 09:20 PM   #699
sparkyg
Brigadier General
Rep

The problem with our exhaust is it is one peice from the header/cat connection to the muffle pipes.

My exhaust was a 2 piece kit, the first was the bolt on HFC and the second was the bolt on Xpipe. From there it can bolt back into the factory pipes to the mufflers or aftermarket.

I dont see how they can do a bolt on kit without some cutting into the stock exhaust unless they supply something the same as mine.

Maybe if we do a meet on the 11th?? we can take a spin and you guys can take a listen to my system. and then take a peek underneath.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2009, 11:00 PM   #700
charcoalwan
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: F85

just want to drop by and say hi ..
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2009, 11:12 PM   #701
sparkyg
Brigadier General
Rep

Welcome to the Etown thread.

New ride? Tell us about the ride? White?
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2009, 11:43 PM   #702
AMJ_77
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: AW E92 M3 M-DCT

nope, SSII hopefully! haha
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2009, 02:28 AM   #703
Hamann330
Rep

Harry it was a pleasure meeting you tonight. I hope you enjoyed the meet and your car sounds so damn good! I guess you are having rubbing issue because of your 295 rear tires, they look absolutely awesome but i bet if you go down to 285 it will be fine.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2009, 07:16 AM   #704
charcoalwan
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: F85

yup.. traded in my 08 s2000 for the M .. space grey , DCT
Appreciate 0