BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing

European Auto Source (EAS)

08-20-2019, 10:37 AM   #67
Scharbag
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pig Farmer View Post
The adapter is P/N 16124800029

The threads do look the same, and I don’t know if it would work without the adapter, but the silver sensor is cone shaped at the bottom like an AN fitting and may protrude into the fuel line. The adapter is flat at the bottom and raises the sensor up about 1/2”.

Here’s the link to RealOEM...

https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/sho...diagId=16_0596
I must have looked right at that adapter and ignored it... Thanks.

I will source the adapter as I already have the sensor and o-ring. Easier than returning stuff across the border...

Another question: How do you tell which model fuel rail is in the car? 16122283485 was ended and needs the adapter. 16122284752 is current. RealOEM lists it as starting in 2013... Seems odd that it would be in the last model year only. I assume my 2011 has the older ended model as it also has the brass sensor.

Cheers,

2011 E92 M3 - 6MT, ZCP, ZF LSD, ESS G1, Some other goodies...

Last edited by Scharbag; 08-20-2019 at 10:53 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2019, 12:23 AM   #68
TX
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2009 ///M3 E92 APW 6MT

confused

So I've read the last few pages here about the different part numbers as I am very confused as to which is the right sensor. I have the brass sensor on my car. I did the usual realOEM part check and saw two parts, which are different. One requires an adapter. I checked with ECS for pictures of the parts. I contacted ECS specifically regarding which sensor was correct for my 09 E92, stating that there were two very different parts listed on realOEM. I was informed, after their review, that the silver sensor was the correct part and they proceeded to ship me that part. There was no mention of needing an adapter for it and additional O-Ring.
So can someone please explain the two parts, the brass fitting on ECS is not listed for the e9x m3 or I would have just purchased that and been done with it.
Do I return the silver sensor and buy the brass sensor not listed for e9x m3?
Do I try and order the adapter and O-ring for this silver sensor?

I believe the difference is related to the fuel rails which were installed in some cars and later swapped to a different rail. My gut says to return the silver fitting and go with the brass fitting despite ECS having the wrong description, or is there reason to buy the adapter, o-ring and try the new silver sensor?
Does the brass fitting come with the new o-ring?

help please....

Cheers
X
      12-13-2019, 05:35 PM   #69
Pig Farmer
Major
Rep
Drives: E92M

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX View Post
So I've read the last few pages here about the different part numbers as I am very confused as to which is the right sensor. I have the brass sensor on my car. I did the usual realOEM part check and saw two parts, which are different. One requires an adapter. I checked with ECS for pictures of the parts. I contacted ECS specifically regarding which sensor was correct for my 09 E92, stating that there were two very different parts listed on realOEM. I was informed, after their review, that the silver sensor was the correct part and they proceeded to ship me that part. There was no mention of needing an adapter for it and additional O-Ring.
So can someone please explain the two parts, the brass fitting on ECS is not listed for the e9x m3 or I would have just purchased that and been done with it.
Do I return the silver sensor and buy the brass sensor not listed for e9x m3?
Do I try and order the adapter and O-ring for this silver sensor?

I believe the difference is related to the fuel rails which were installed in some cars and later swapped to a different rail. My gut says to return the silver fitting and go with the brass fitting despite ECS having the wrong description, or is there reason to buy the adapter, o-ring and try the new silver sensor?
Does the brass fitting come with the new o-ring?

help please....

Cheers
X
Either sensor will work. I don’t know why the silver sensor requires the adapter and o ring but it definitely works (and I have a build date prior to the new fuel rail). The brass sensor comes with the o ring, whereas the silver sensor does not.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2019, 01:14 AM   #70
Scharbag
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW E92 M3  [0.00]
I also used the silver sensor with the required o-ring in my 2011 with had a brass sensor. I did not use the magical adapter and no problems to report.

2011 E92 M3 - 6MT, ZCP, ZF LSD, ESS G1, Some other goodies...
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2020, 09:15 AM   #71
Apples24
Registered
Rep
Drives: E92m3

Is there a fuel pressure rail sensor?

Code 2722
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2020, 08:49 AM   #72
RYDEM3
Private First Class
Philippines
Rep
Drives: ///2008 e92

Reviving:

Man I wish this issue with mine was as easy as some of you folks with just changing out the sensor.. car threw 27ce code last week so replaced the low pressure sensor with the brass one (original sensor was also brass) 2 days ago, cleared code, drove to work, start the car after work then poof cel back on during cold start, scanned it 27ce code back at my face. Erased it again (with protool), drove home, went back out to get food and cel comes back on and guess what yup same code popped back..does it make a difference between the brass and the updated silver one? Anyone also had issues like this after replacing the sensor and still comes back?
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2020, 08:20 AM   #73
Tut4u2
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 1M3 Conversion

I recently experienced a similar issue as well. My car continued to throw the code after replacing the sensor with the updated brass sensor. I went back to the original silver and the code went away for a minute. After checking with ISTA turns out I had a flow delivery issue related to my fuel pump.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2020, 03:15 PM   #74
RYDEM3
Private First Class
Philippines
Rep
Drives: ///2008 e92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tut4u2 View Post
I recently experienced a similar issue as well. My car continued to throw the code after replacing the sensor with the updated brass sensor. I went back to the original silver and the code went away for a minute. After checking with ISTA turns out I had a flow delivery issue related to my fuel pump.

So, I’m guessing your issue was solved after fuel pump was replaced?
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2020, 08:39 PM   #75
Tut4u2
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 1M3 Conversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by RYDEM3 View Post
So, I’m guessing your issue was solved after fuel pump was replaced?
Didn't replace the pump; I ended up replacing the sensor with a Bosch branded sensor and the code went away after clearing it twice.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2021, 04:19 PM   #76
hilalmelhem
Registered
Rep
Drives: e92 M3

help please 27CE trouble code

my 08 e92 M3 6 speed manual,
i have trouble code 27CE , my fuel pump is run on maximum speed 7 bar at idle speed( emergency program)
changing fuel rail sensor
changing EKP
changing fuel regulator/filter
check all wiring between fuel sensor and DME they are fine
check can bus low and high between DME and EKP they are correct

please help ! how can fixed?
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2022, 02:47 PM   #77
Mvy
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E93 M3

Sorry for the ancient thread revival. I got the dtc code 2722 and was wondering which part to buy (brass or silver). Lots of back and forth on that so wanted to post the answer to that question.

FCP Euro:
https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/bmw...-13537622231kt

From the factory BMW installed a low pressure fuel sensor manufactured by Sensata. While it is still available as p/n 13537614317 BMW TIS recommendations suggest to replace it with a Bosch low pressure fuel sensor p/n 13537622231. The visual difference between the two sensors is the originally installed fuel sensor is brass colored while the updated sensor is silver.

To install the updated sensor on an original fuel feed line you will need to install an adapter as the Bosch manufactured sensor has a different threaded connection than the originally installed Sensata sensor. Another alternative is to replace the entire feed line with the updated version but that is ultimately not an ideal solution.

This kit includes the new updated Bosch sensor, the proper adapter for fitting it to the originally equipped fuel feed line (original feed line is p/n 16122283485), and a replacement fuel pressure sensor o-ring.

Note: The adapter to the fuel line must be torqued to 20Nm. The low pressure fuel sensor threads must be lightly coated with oil before torquing, torque for fuel sensor is 20Nm.

Harrop Supercharger, BPM Tune, K/W Coil over kit, Stoptek BBK, Magnaflow exhaust, ear to ear grin everytime I drive...
Appreciate 1
      05-16-2022, 02:52 PM   #78
TX
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2009 ///M3 E92 APW 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mvy View Post
Sorry for the ancient thread revival. I got the dtc code 2722 and was wondering which part to buy (brass or silver). Lots of back and forth on that so wanted to post the answer to that question.

FCP Euro:
https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/bmw...-13537622231kt

From the factory BMW installed a low pressure fuel sensor manufactured by Sensata. While it is still available as p/n 13537614317 BMW TIS recommendations suggest to replace it with a Bosch low pressure fuel sensor p/n 13537622231. The visual difference between the two sensors is the originally installed fuel sensor is brass colored while the updated sensor is silver.

To install the updated sensor on an original fuel feed line you will need to install an adapter as the Bosch manufactured sensor has a different threaded connection than the originally installed Sensata sensor. Another alternative is to replace the entire feed line with the updated version but that is ultimately not an ideal solution.

This kit includes the new updated Bosch sensor, the proper adapter for fitting it to the originally equipped fuel feed line (original feed line is p/n 16122283485), and a replacement fuel pressure sensor o-ring.

Note: The adapter to the fuel line must be torqued to 20Nm. The low pressure fuel sensor threads must be lightly coated with oil before torquing, torque for fuel sensor is 20Nm.
I went with the original sensor. I had the new sensor and adapter at the time, but decided to go with the original brass sensor, since it was one less connection to worry about down the road. No issues to report.