BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

EXXEL Distributions

10-15-2019, 09:25 PM   #639
derbo
Derbo Tuning
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdott View Post
damn this thread was hard to follow, like 3-4 unit types.
Then NBT/EVO feedback mixing with CIC/CCC.
Other platforms (f30,etc)
Android Auto vs Car Play
Android / iOS versions or different phones

Enough to make your head spin.

If someone can make a unit that can do Android Auto with latest Android 10 on my 3XL with good audio I'd try it, until then I won't be trying.

IMO: all of these android/carplay/add-on stuff are flawed and audio is usually crap. #ChangeMyMind
Don't bother. Everything is basically flawed.
Track Chat Discord: https://discord.gg/VsKbTyqBVj
SF Bay Area: DM For coding services
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2019, 11:25 PM   #640
brettcp
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E93 M3

Quote:
Android Auto vs Car Play

If someone can make a unit that can do Android Auto with latest Android 10 on my 3XL with good audio I'd try it, until then I won't be trying.

IMO: all of these android/carplay/add-on stuff are flawed and audio is usually crap. #ChangeMyMind
Its still very early in the game for this new wireless carplay unit.. it sounds like the kremersino unit is getting the most attention - they've already revised their hardware once. From what I gather, we need more user feedback regarding the updated hardware to confirm it resolves the audio quality issues. It seems like they're releasing frequent software updates to improve it. If they can iron out the hardware/software issues, and release a unit that uses the OEM mic as somebody mentioned earlier, I'm definitely in. Until then I'm waiting on the sidelines.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2019, 09:44 AM   #641
Justin666
Rep
Drives: 2011 335is

Quote:
Originally Posted by brettcp View Post
Its still very early in the game for this new wireless carplay unit.. it sounds like the kremersino unit is getting the most attention - they've already revised their hardware once. From what I gather, we need more user feedback regarding the updated hardware to confirm it resolves the audio quality issues. It seems like they're releasing frequent software updates to improve it. If they can iron out the hardware/software issues, and release a unit that uses the OEM mic as somebody mentioned earlier, I'm definitely in. Until then I'm waiting on the sidelines.
link to this unit?

I got my issues sorted out, i needed to turn off DVD / TV / etc. so when i hold back it switches almost immediately, and the sound issue was resolved by making sure i was on aux (it got changed somehow..) so im back to having a tremendous experience with the joyeauto version.. support has been great and responsive.. but im interested in seeing the other one.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2019, 10:04 AM   #642
brettcp
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin666 View Post
link to this unit?

I got my issues sorted out, i needed to turn off DVD / TV / etc. so when i hold back it switches almost immediately, and the sound issue was resolved by making sure i was on aux (it got changed somehow..) so im back to having a tremendous experience with the joyeauto version.. support has been great and responsive.. but im interested in seeing the other one.
I don't believe there's a link to the unit that uses the OEM mic yet, but it was mentioned somewhere earlier in this thread that this may be released in the future (and would cost more).
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2019, 04:10 PM   #643
Justin666
Rep
Drives: 2011 335is

Quote:
Originally Posted by brettcp View Post
I don't believe there's a link to the unit that uses the OEM mic yet, but it was mentioned somewhere earlier in this thread that this may be released in the future (and would cost more).
that'd be cool, but im not too fussed about the external mic. I had it run nicely down the A pillar and behind the dash, to be honest i forgot it was there until you just reminded me :P
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2019, 04:39 PM   #644
Phips_23
Rep
Drives: BMW F33

Hi all, as this is the biggest kremersino community I have found online, I need to raise that question here. I am using the unit since June in my F33 with NBT and since the beginning I have issues when using any gps app.

When the phone is not connected to carplay apps like: maps, waze, etc. are working perfectly and I have a good gps connection. However when it's connected it always has troubles with GPS, it either freezes in some random positions, it doesn't realize that I made a turn, etc.

Did anybody have the same issues and could you solve them somehow? It really sucks that I cannot use the box for what I bought it... and Michael only replied the following:

"hello Philipp,

I see. about that gps location stops or moves randomly to a different spot. It would be a signal connection problem we guess. carplay record the last location which with good signal. when signal its bad. then it may come back to the last location with good signal. as we are unable to use google map, and wazes to test here. In Chinese map version, till now we don't meet such problem yet"

Would be great if anyone could support!
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2019, 10:25 PM   #645
derbo
Derbo Tuning
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phips_23 View Post
Hi all, as this is the biggest kremersino community I have found online, I need to raise that question here. I am using the unit since June in my F33 with NBT and since the beginning I have issues when using any gps app.

When the phone is not connected to carplay apps like: maps, waze, etc. are working perfectly and I have a good gps connection. However when it's connected it always has troubles with GPS, it either freezes in some random positions, it doesn't realize that I made a turn, etc.

Did anybody have the same issues and could you solve them somehow? It really sucks that I cannot use the box for what I bought it... and Michael only replied the following:

"hello Philipp,

I see. about that gps location stops or moves randomly to a different spot. It would be a signal connection problem we guess. carplay record the last location which with good signal. when signal its bad. then it may come back to the last location with good signal. as we are unable to use google map, and wazes to test here. In Chinese map version, till now we don't meet such problem yet"

Wired or wireless? Have you tried both to see if it happens with both? What model iPhone and what version iOS?
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2019, 02:04 AM   #646
Phips_23
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by derbo View Post
Wired or wireless? Have you tried both to see if it happens with both? What model iPhone and what version iOS?
Hi, yes I have tried both wired and wireless and also tried it with different iPhones X and 8 with iOS versions, the previous iOS 12 and now on iOS 13, it's the same behaviour. It seems like somehow the cars GPS and the phones GPS are interfering somehow...
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2019, 02:08 AM   #647
rubbersoul
Registered
Rep
Drives: F25 X3 35i // E368 Z3 Coupe

Quote:

"hello Philipp,

Same here with gps tested with google map waze and apple map
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2019, 11:14 AM   #648
luckyse7en
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW E92 M3 ZCP

Quote:

"hello Philipp,

I had the same problem with my wired unit. I think what helped was unpairing my phone from BMW iDrive. Then in the location settings for your map apps make sure it is either on always or only when using app. You may have to play around with these to see what works best.

Also note that when I had multiple GPS apps on always or only using app they still seem to interfere with each other. So I just picked one app and deleted the others.

Hope that helps
      10-29-2019, 11:25 PM   #649
brettcp
Captain
United_States
Rep

Its been a while since anybody has posted any updates - anybody got any news about the new kremesino unit, etc?
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2019, 11:36 PM   #650
6ixSpd
Save the manuals!
Rep
Drives: '16 M3, '23 718 Spyder

Quote:
Android Auto vs Car Play

Lol yeah. Everytime I check back in this thread it's the same endless problems with connectivity and audio quality.

Props to many members for being the guinea pigs though, hopefully the SQ problems are fixed at some point. Otherwise I'll stick to the CIC + combox as it sounds great and just feeds my Waze alerts through...

Past: E92 M3, F87 M2, E39 M5, etc
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2019, 09:26 AM   #651
tdott
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6ixSpd View Post
Lol yeah. Everytime I check back in this thread it's the same endless problems with connectivity and audio quality.
I bought a Joying 10" for my e38 since it's amp/tape deck/cd changer is f'd, it's a single DIN with speaker level output and pre-outs. I'm hoping if the speaker level sound quality isn't good, using the pre-outs into an amp will produce good sound quality. If those two options fail it has SPDIF digital output but will be more complex to run (need to buy a DSP) but since it's a digital signal it should be cleaner and sound better. Guy on youtube tested the units to have low signal to noise and a bunch of other stuff and did confirm using the digital output into an aftermarket dsp/amp/speakers does produce great sound quality.

Sorry off-topic but it does seem like because these units are integrating with the stock amp/hu it is running into sound quality issues, whereas the standard Single/Double DIN units with internal amplifiers don't seem to have issues.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2019, 09:40 AM   #652
g35mt
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW m3 F80

i am going to install the suppose to be newer unit this weekend. I do wish the unit provide SPDIF out because i have a match dsp amp that i can connect to. Oh well..i will report back this weekend after my install. I have already run the wire for the backup camera in the trunk and front camera too. Next is to remove the interior trim and install the unit itself.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2019, 11:04 AM   #653
Phips_23
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyse7en View Post
I had the same problem with my wired unit. I think what helped was unpairing my phone from BMW iDrive. Then in the location settings for your map apps make sure it is either on always or only when using app. You may have to play around with these to see what works best.

Also note that when I had multiple GPS apps on always or only using app they still seem to interfere with each other. So I just picked one app and deleted the others.

Hope that helps
Thanks for your hints! I tried everything and unfortunately it didn't help ... Any other suggestions?
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2019, 11:23 AM   #654
luckyse7en
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Thanks for your hints! I tried everything and unfortunately it didn't help ... Any other suggestions?
Sorry no other suggestions.
      10-30-2019, 02:27 PM   #655
g35mt
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW m3 F80

Have anyone try to use usb dac? using the usb port, connect to usb DAC and from there the line out go to the AUX input. if the aux doesn't work out for me, then i will go ahead and try out my usb dac. it has high resolution audio as well.

https://ifi-audio.com/products/nano-idsd-bl/
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2019, 02:53 PM   #656
luckyse7en
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by g35mt View Post
Have anyone try to use usb dac? using the usb port, connect to usb DAC and from there the line out go to the AUX input. if the aux doesn't work out for me, then i will go ahead and try out my usb dac. it has high resolution audio as well.

https://ifi-audio.com/products/nano-idsd-bl/
It's been mentioned multiple times but I don't think anyone has tried it yet.
      10-30-2019, 06:27 PM   #657
derbo
Derbo Tuning
Rep

I got the updated kremersino unit. It looks the same but the wireless antennae are now internal, mimicking the previous version. The unit looks like it is now on the latest update as well which makes it easier to setup BT setup. Shipping back the unit cost me $34 from USPS flat rate international, and another $33 for the new unit (their explanation was extra cost of the newer components, yadayada).

I was only able to play with it for an hour, but the bass is restored and it sounds acceptable.

I have my HiFi set to max treble , 4 from max, bass and gain at 50%.
iPhone volume is as max volume for BT audio.
Appreciate 1
PACarGuy677.50
      10-31-2019, 08:08 AM   #658
dextersl
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d MSport Le-Mans Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by derbo View Post
I got the updated kremersino unit. It looks the same but the wireless antennae are now internal, mimicking the previous version. The unit looks like it is now on the latest update as well which makes it easier to setup BT setup. Shipping back the unit cost me $34 from USPS flat rate international, and another $33 for the new unit (their explanation was extra cost of the newer components, yadayada).

I was only able to play with it for an hour, but the bass is restored and it sounds acceptable.

I have my HiFi set to max treble , 4 from max, bass and gain at 50%.
iPhone volume is as max volume for BT audio.
Thanks for the update derbo! I just spoke with Michael recently as well and he just gave me the option to swap it out for the additional charge. Has anyone who has received the new hardware been able to test the phone call Quality through CarPlay and confirm that it has improved as well?

Last edited by dextersl; 10-31-2019 at 06:34 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2019, 11:26 AM   #659
coniman
Private
Rep
Drives: F30 '12

Hi all! I’m going to send my unit to Michael for a swap. derbo did Michael send you the new unit when he received the old one? Or before? Because I don’t want to be without CarPlay 2-3 weeks. Also I want to know if anyone knows how to disconnect an iPhone without putting it in airplane more, because if I want to swap phones I have to do this.

Last edited by coniman; 10-31-2019 at 11:44 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2019, 11:44 AM   #660
derbo
Derbo Tuning
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by coniman View Post
Hi all! I’m going to send my unit to Michael for a swap. @dextersl did Michael send you the new unit when he received the old one? Or before? Because I don’t want to be without CarPlay 2-3 weeks. Also I want to know if anyone knows how to disconnect an iPhone without putting it in airplane more, because if I want to swap phones I have to do this.
You have to provide him with a tracking number before he sends one out. It took about a 7 days for me to get mine after I sent him a tracking number (prepaid label I set up).

If you turn off WiFi, it will disconnect Carplay.
Appreciate 0