BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > Canada

BPM

11-03-2016, 01:23 PM   #45
Tim M
Just a regular guy.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpine White M3 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by doogee View Post
This is exactly what points to installation error. The fact that the job is so simple. If tolerances are checked etc, the installer would be able to tell something is not right.

Nothing about your post makes sense. Especially the fact VAC bearings are not even Cryogenically hardened. So I dont even know what bearings you're talking about anymore.
https://europeanautosource.com/wpc-s...m3-e60-m5.html

There was at a time a retailer that was selling WPC cryo-treated VAC bearings like this for the S85. That's what I was talking about.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2016, 01:30 PM   #46
doogee
Major
Rep
Drives: '08 M3, '09 328xi Sport Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc K View Post
https://europeanautosource.com/wpc-s...m3-e60-m5.html

There was at a time a retailer that was selling WPC cryo-treated VAC bearings like this for the S85.
This makes your original statement completely irrelevant. The bearings you speak of haven't existed for years, and never existed for the S65.

You're saying that a company sold bearings which were OEM Bearings, which VAC had sent out for coating. Then the retailer bought the VAC bearings, and had them sent to WPC for shot peening, and then sold to consumers?

No wonder they don't exist anymore. That is a pretty batshit crazy process and makes no sense. I have a hard time believing WPC would even treat a coated bearing. I cannot find ANY information on these.

Last edited by doogee; 11-03-2016 at 01:36 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2016, 01:41 PM   #47
Tim M
Just a regular guy.
United_States
Rep

Quote:
This makes your original statement completely irrelevant. The bearings you speak of haven't existed for years, and never existed for the S65.

You're saying that a company sold bearings which were OEM Bearings, which VAC had sent out for coating. Then the retailer bought the VAC bearings, and had them sent to WPC for shot peening, and then sold to consumers?

No wonder they don't exist anymore. That is a pretty batshit crazy process and makes no sense. I have a hard time believing WPC would even treat a coated bearing. I cannot find ANY information on these.

Whatever dude. Forget it.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2016, 05:43 PM   #48
M3@Apex
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 Sedan 6MT

Why are people still considering VAC coated bearings when there are now BE Bearings which fixes the clearance issues, is made of copper (much softer that the updated OEM bearings so it doesn't damage your rods and can be Blackstoned)?

https://www.bebearings.com/

2008 M3 Sedan 6MT || Project Technik
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2016, 05:53 PM   #49
doogee
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3@Apex View Post
Why are people still considering VAC coated bearings when there are now BE Bearings which fixes the clearance issues, is made of copper (much softer that the updated OEM bearings so it doesn't damage your rods and can be Blackstoned)?

Because they've actually been pulled from engines with good mileage on them and proven to be fine.

Do some research on the topic. The VAC bearings are made with the exact same materials as BE.

You sound like you don't have a clue what you're talking about. How does a harder bearing damage a connecting rod? The bearings are connected to the crankshaft.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2016, 05:58 PM   #50
IanMan
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3@Apex View Post

+1. Why take away clearance by adding coating? I will be putting BE bearings in my car when I get it.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2016, 06:02 PM   #51
doogee
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanMan View Post
+1. Why take away clearance by adding coating? I will be putting BE bearings in my car when I get it.
Since when does this need to be a war between who makes "the one and only bearing that works"

VAC bearings are PROVEN. There is no argument to be had here.

Get BE Bearings and be happy, no one said there is anything wrong with them!

VAC's bearings are made with more tolerance and brought back up to OEM tolerance with the coating.
      11-04-2016, 06:14 PM   #52
doogee
Major
Rep

These are VAC bearings after 40,000 miles. If you're still questioning them, you're hopeless.

I hope BE Bearings prove to be a good solution too. But clearance was never the verified problem. There is still the question of assembly error, poor quality parts etc.

11-04-2016, 06:41 PM   #53
IanMan
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
These are VAC bearings after 40,000 miles. If you're still questioning them, you're hopeless.

I hope BE Bearings prove to be a good solution too. But clearance was never the verified problem. There is still the question of assembly error, poor quality parts etc.
Hey, if they work for you, power to you, I just wouldn't want to use them, but that's me. Not sure if those are your bearings, but I'd certainly want to know how the engine they were installed in was driven.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2016, 06:44 PM   #54
doogee
Major
Rep

Quote:
Hey, if they work for you, power to you, I just wouldn't want to use them, but that's me. Not sure if those are your bearings, but I'd certainly want to know how the engine they were installed in was driven.
You have evidence right in front of your eyes and still don't trust them lol. But you're open to blindly putting an unproven product in your car. Makes a lot of sense dude.

This car was supercharged. I think I've said enough.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2016, 06:53 PM   #55
IanMan
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
You have evidence right in front of your eyes and still don't trust them lol. But you're open to blindly putting an unproven product in your car. Makes a lot of sense dude.

This car was supercharged. I think I've said enough.
Because I have no idea where that image came from. I have no idea who took the photo. I have no idea how the car was driven or with what oil. I have friends who have tried BE bearings. I never said you were wrong, I just stated my opinion. You're being pretty confrontational for no reason at all.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2016, 06:58 PM   #56
doogee
Major
Rep

Quote:
Because I have no idea where that image came from. I have no idea who took the photo. I have no idea how the car was driven or with what oil. I have friends who have tried BE bearings. I never said you were wrong, I just stated my opinion. You're being pretty confrontational for no reason at all.
Watermark is in the bottom right. Malek from MRF took them and has a massive journal on the forum about this issue. Search his threads.

Your argument against VAC bearings is all these "I don't know" statements. But what do you know about BE Bearings?

I'm not posting anymore. Take it easy.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2016, 09:14 PM   #57
IanMan
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

I'm not posting anymore. Take it easy.

It's probably for the best. Cheers.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2016, 09:47 PM   #58
Cosmo Kramer
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW X5 50i

Appreciate 0
      11-07-2016, 07:46 AM   #59
doogee
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmo Kramer View Post
      11-24-2016, 07:59 PM   #60
beats
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 911 GTS

For all those who had interest in a group buy, I looked into it yesterday. BE isn't interested in a group buy, but they have a Black Friday sale on now which seems to be 10% off. Likely as good as a group buy we would have gotten. No USPS shipping, I asked...

The code for Canadians is BBJINTL
For Americans it's BBJ10

Not sure how long the code will work (they said it was a holiday code), but I would think you should order soon.

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2016, 04:09 PM   #61
xander_g
Major
Rep
Drives: G30 M550i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by skru_fase View Post
For all those who had interest in a group buy, I looked into it yesterday. BE isn't interested in a group buy, but they have a Black Friday sale on now which seems to be 10% off. Likely as good as a group buy we would have gotten. No USPS shipping, I asked...

The code for Canadians is BBJINTL
For Americans it's BBJ10

Not sure how long the code will work (they said it was a holiday code), but I would think you should order soon.

Cheers
Thank you.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2016, 05:24 PM   #62
dnotorious
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW M3 Sedan DCT

On my 2nd E90 M3 here. With the 08, I just sold it when she reached 110kms. And now here I am with the 11' LCI.

Had her since 13000kms and drove till 70k before supercharging her (factory warranty was expiring in 20 days; so just jumped and took a chance last decemeber). She had 20k on the supercharger and we changed the bearing then at 90k. Attached picture of what they looked like. Never did a black stone, but I can see a speck or dot or dent in one of the bearings (#2 Bottom).

Went with BEBearings and Added some new motor mounts solid (95A) from revshift. Its been another 15k since the bearings. Added a X-Pipe and dyno'd the car after the bearings, shes screaming 555whp/370wtq.

All the work was done by my friend Jon, he installed pretty much everything. CSF Oil Cooler, Subframe Mounts, Diff Mounts, Supercharger, Bearings and more.

If you find someone who can do this on the side. It will cost you less thank 2k CAD including taxes, parts.
Attached Images

E90 2007 BMW 335i - 6SPD - Sparkling Graphite Metallic - Sold
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2017, 08:03 PM   #63
beats
Lieutenant
Rep

Hey guys, I posted this elsewhere, but for those of you interested in having your bearings swapped in the GTA, I had RMP do mine the other day. Swap went great, and it turns out my old ones had life in them still. Rocco is likely going to be getting better (than retail) pricing on the BE bearings for those of you considering.

Rocco mentioned he saw a 2008 a week or so prior that was in far worse shape, and this car had fewer km's on it. No Moly Slip though.

Year: 2011
Condition: Very good
KM's: 84k
OCI: 8-10k, with Moly Slip since 14k (2nd owner)
Tracked >40days
Engine tuned, but still NA
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-20-2017, 08:47 AM   #64
Parabolica
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: '18 M3 ZCP 6MT

Can you share how much you paid for parts and labour?
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2017, 07:09 PM   #65
beats
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parabolica View Post
Can you share how much you paid for parts and labour?
pm sent
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2017, 07:25 PM   #66
GO-RAN
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M3

Can you pm me also... im considering doing it and i would have rocco do them also. Tha ks
Appreciate 0