BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

10-18-2016, 08:13 PM   #67
Eau Rouge
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3

Garage List
2012 BMW E92 M3  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iyzmi View Post
They'll cover anything, as long as it's not related to the engine, exhaust, brakes, or wheels.
So they do cover unicycles excluding the one wheel?
      10-27-2016, 12:32 PM   #68
discardanaxiom
Rep
Drives: E93 MW M3

Candide13 , this is by far the most comprehensive extended warranty post I have read. Hat tip to you and thank you for posting. I am reaching out to Josh for a quote.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2017, 11:39 PM   #69
STC
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I'm looking at warrenties.
When I bought my E90 M3 a few weeks ago from a BMW dealership they said they did not have extended warranties available. Bought the 2011 car with 66k miles.

Can I call other BMW dealerships and ask for the extended warranty? I'm also going to be asking for quotes from other companies mentioned in this thread.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2017, 10:56 AM   #70
blue-mw
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Yes you can! Though I think if factory warranty ends you can't extend with BMW coverage.

I had been searching for the right warranty for nearly a year before I bought my M.

I emailed Akshay Mahale of Richmond BMW about a Fidelity warranty and he gave me an absolute steal.

I'm in no way affiliated with his dealership but he did give me permission to post up his info (Josh from the OP's post was promoted). Email him your VIN and see what he can do for you: amahale@crownauto.com
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2017, 11:29 AM   #71
STC
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue-mw View Post
Yes you can! Though I think if factory warranty ends you can't extend with BMW coverage.

I had been searching for the right warranty for nearly a year before I bought my M.

I emailed Akshay Mahale of Richmond BMW about a Fidelity warranty and he gave me an absolute steal.

I'm in no way affiliated with his dealership but he did give me permission to post up his info (Josh from the OP's post was promoted). Email him your VIN and see what he can do for you: amahale@crownauto.com
Cool thx Akshay emailed this AM. If you don't mind me asking what are the terms of your warranty?
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2017, 11:33 AM   #72
jonshmoe
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 - Jerez / 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by STC View Post
Cool thx Akshay emailed this AM. If you don't mind me asking what are the terms of your warranty?
+2

Before I dump 5-6k in my whip, an aftermarket warranty should come first.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2017, 03:00 PM   #73
STC
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Called a couple places so far.
- Carchex: Will not cover M cars anymore. This started Oct of last yr.
- Endurance: Doesn't cover CA and said they don't have partners that do.

Akshay has been great to deal with, need some advice please.
To those with BMW extended warranties, what level of coverage do you guys have?
Is Gold too much? I'm thinking the usual suspects rod bearings, throttle actuators, dct.

Last edited by STC; 02-06-2017 at 05:12 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2017, 04:55 PM   #74
M3 Number 86
Major General
Rep
Drives: black m3

mine is safeguard platinum. everything covered except maintenance. 6 years / 89k miles.

so my car is covered until 2020 or 108k miles (i bought it at 19k miles) for $3300.

so far i've got oil level reader, icv, o2 sensors, footwell module. done at a friend's shop (non-dealership) and at dealerships. They don't even send someone in. I'm guessing if it's under 1k they don't care. They even asked my friend, you aren't quoting for diagnostics and coding? LOL.

Somehow I'm going to work with him to somehow get rod bearings covered. Customer stated clicking and shut off of car. Sound coming from under car. Pulled bearings. Holy shit. These need to be replaced.

He also said, fuck it, if it blows, they'll get you a new engine so who cares. ha
      02-06-2017, 05:24 PM   #75
GOFAST M3
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 Comp Package

Quote:
Called a couple places so far.
- Carchex: Will not cover M cars anymore. This started Oct of last yr.
- Endurance: Doesn't cover CA and said they don't have partners that do.

Akshay has been great to deal with, need some advice please.
To those with BMW extended warranties, what level of coverage do you guys have?
Is Gold too much? I'm thinking the usual suspects rod bearings, throttle actuators, dct.
Gold is what I am looking to get actually. If I am not mistaken, the only difference is that Gold does not cover the Nav or the headlights and Platinum does. I may go after market headlights anyway, so I don't care there. To me Gold isn't too much, its perfect. All depends on your comfort level though I think.
      02-07-2017, 05:41 PM   #76
blue-mw
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
I did the max coverage, Platinum 7yr/100k. Could I have gotten most things covered under a lesser plan? You bet your engine plenum I could've.

But I didn't, mainly because I really want to keep this car long term and I don't feel like playing cat and mouse with Fidelity when it comes time to cover something in a grey area (i.e., part X is covered but maybe malfunction occurred because of Y, which was not covered). Peace of mind is invaluable.

Somewhat relevant to the conversation, I have heard of some extended warranties allowing preventative repairs but I need to go back and see if Fidelity allows for it. I read somewhere on here that if you can prove something was going to fail and fix it, the policy will cover it. If not, it's out of pocket. Would be cool to get Fidelity or some other companies on board with preventative RB swaps since RB's are explicitly covered, at least under my plan.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2017, 06:31 PM   #77
STC
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I did the max coverage, Platinum 7yr/100k. Could I have gotten most things covered under a lesser plan? You bet your engine plenum I could've.

But I didn't, mainly because I really want to keep this car long term and I don't feel like playing cat and mouse with Fidelity when it comes time to cover something in a grey area (i.e., part X is covered but maybe malfunction occurred because of Y, which was not covered). Peace of mind is invaluable.

Somewhat relevant to the conversation, I have heard of some extended warranties allowing preventative repairs but I need to go back and see if Fidelity allows for it. I read somewhere on here that if you can prove something was going to fail and fix it, the policy will cover it. If not, it's out of pocket. Would be cool to get Fidelity or some other companies on board with preventative RB swaps since RB's are explicitly covered, at least under my plan.
Yes RB are covered under Powertrain. I was happy to see that. I went w/ the Gold myself and happy w/ the warranty. My car is higher millage, so the price of Premium was way too high.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2017, 09:32 PM   #78
e92bmwmd
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3

looking at the fidelity platinum, looks like the standard tranny components aren't covered. Anyone know if DCT falls into this?

also I'm getting quoted around 6K for a 6yr/72k platinum warranty. Seems a lot higher than some other quotes i see here
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2017, 01:06 PM   #79
blue-mw
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by e92bmwmd View Post
looking at the fidelity platinum, looks like the standard tranny components aren't covered. Anyone know if DCT falls into this?

also I'm getting quoted around 6K for a 6yr/72k platinum warranty. Seems a lot higher than some other quotes i see here
Mileage is definitely a huge factor in price. I based my vehicle search on newer/low mileage so that I could get optimum coverage. The trade off is that I probably paid a bit more for the vehicle rather than the warranty, so it probably all evens out for us all in the end.

Regarding DCT coverage I'm not clear on that myself. I know you can call and speak to claims about what is and isn't covered, but they will ask for your contract form ID, so it will help to have your unsigned/sample contract before calling.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2017, 07:06 PM   #80
e92bmwmd
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3

Quote:
Mileage is definitely a huge factor in price. I based my vehicle search on newer/low mileage so that I could get optimum coverage. The trade off is that I probably paid a bit more for the vehicle rather than the warranty, so it probably all evens out for us all in the end.

Regarding DCT coverage I'm not clear on that myself. I know you can call and speak to claims about what is and isn't covered, but they will ask for your contract form ID, so it will help to have your unsigned/sample contract before calling.
I have a 2013 with around 27k miles. I have the factory warranty until May so ill keep shopping around
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2017, 12:46 AM   #81
F48_Driver
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X1

Is there any info on the warranty group warranty offered in California? There doesn't seem to be too much information from their website.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2017, 06:32 PM   #82
statelax3
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 991.1 GTS

I did mine with akshay also. Good deal imo.
Appreciate 1
blue-mw217.00
      03-02-2017, 09:33 PM   #83
Rajmun340
Major
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3 ZCP factory order

I have a 2013 (original owner) , I am surprised BMW is not trying to advertise their extended warranty to me. Over the years they've sent various cards on the car purchase date anniversary but it seems they'd rather pass on extending warranty on their own car and they're the only ones with all M3's repair data. That's not very re-assuring, is it ? I am curious if other 2013 original owners have also not suggestive mail advertisement about it or if you have to dig them out of their hole and drag them to get their overpriced 3 year quote ? Not that i am interested i would probably chose 3rd party based on this thread anyway if i choose to get extd warr at all.

Last edited by Rajmun340; 03-02-2017 at 09:39 PM..
Appreciate 1
blue-mw217.00
      03-04-2017, 07:29 AM   #84
kyippee
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, Supra MK5, F44 235GC

I got quotes from - pricing table attached. Car is 2011, 39k miles.

I'm concerned mainly about big ticket items - motor blowing up, DCT blowing up, and I hear AC evaporator is big? Thus, the Fidelity powertrain or silver package seem to be the better picks for me, as platinum is expensive.

Any thoughts/recommendations? Their brochure says under Powertrain: "Standard transmission clutch assemblies and all component parts are not covered" so I am not 100% sure on how DCT is considered!

Thanks in advance,
Ken

Note: The ally prices listed are what I got quoted for Ally's Major Guard exclusionary policy. I current have the 2yr/24k miles package, thinking of cancelling it.
Attached Images

Last edited by kyippee; 06-29-2017 at 01:36 PM..
Appreciate 1
dkexige61.50
      03-04-2017, 11:05 AM   #85
blue-mw
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeM3SSII View Post
I have a 2013 (original owner) , I am surprised BMW is not trying to advertise their extended warranty to me. Over the years they've sent various cards on the car purchase date anniversary but it seems they'd rather pass on extending warranty on their own car and they're the only ones with all M3's repair data. That's not very re-assuring, is it ? I am curious if other 2013 original owners have also not suggestive mail advertisement about it or if you have to dig them out of their hole and drag them to get their overpriced 3 year quote ? Not that i am interested i would probably chose 3rd party based on this thread anyway if i choose to get extd warr at all.
That was one of the bizarre things I noted about my search. It seemed not only did I have to try really hard to get quotes for BMW extensions, but they were often very overpriced. They didn't even try to pitch it to me when I purchased, despite my making it a point.

Also, looking back at older posts it seems the cost of a warranty was far cheaper than they are today. My guess is because common issues/costs weren't as well documented back then.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2017, 01:19 PM   #86
DK21M3
David
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
When I purchased mine a week ago they offered me 2 years/24k $250 deductible for about 3400.

I bought the car at the dealership. MY 2011 / 41500 miles / Fidelity Carefree Gold Plus Coverage.

I feel like after reading other comments that I paid too much for mine. It seems like everything is covered under this warranty. Has anyone else filed any claims through this company? How was the process?
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2017, 01:42 PM   #87
kyippee
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, Supra MK5, F44 235GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by DK21M3 View Post
When I purchased mine a week ago they offered me 2 years/24k $250 deductible for about 3400.

I bought the car at the dealership. MY 2011 / 41500 miles / Fidelity Carefree Gold Plus Coverage.

I feel like after reading other comments that I paid too much for mine. It seems like everything is covered under this warranty. Has anyone else filed any claims through this company? How was the process?
I ended up going with the silver package for 5 years / 60k additional miles. Prices drop quickly by package as you can see- The pricing you got is similar to the pricing table I posted earlier.

Last edited by kyippee; 06-29-2017 at 01:37 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2017, 02:35 PM   #88
DK21M3
David
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpewpew View Post
I ended up going with the silver package for 5 years / 60k additional miles. Prices drop quickly by package as you can see- The pricing you got is similar to the pricing table I posted earlier. I found a contact that sold it to me a bit lower than what I shared. ($350 less)
I gotcha. Have you filed any claims through them yet? I want to proactively take care of the rod bearings and wondered how to go about it since it technically isn't an issue yet. I requested a kit from blackstone so can I use that as evidence to replace the rod bearings through Fidelity? also do you know if the actuators are covered through this as well? Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0