BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

01-25-2022, 01:24 PM   #1
mthreecpe
Private
Rep
Drives: e92 M3

Radio knob removal

I'm missing something on my radio volume knob, but I can't figure out what. When I pull on the current knob I can't get it off. If I pull harder will it come off and I just pop on a new $20 knob from the dealer?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-23-2023, 10:40 AM   #2
8k_v8
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 AW E92 M3

Ever figure this one out? I'm having the same issue
      05-18-2023, 05:30 PM   #3
gregthegr8
Admiral of the Fleet
Rep
Drives: Cars Usually

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8k_v8 View Post
Ever figure this one out? I'm having the same issue
Ha! I can answer this one for you since I just went through this. You're missing the lil black/chrome cap. I was trying to remove my volume knob to replace it with a new one as my new to me M3 had a sticky one. Was a pain in the butt to remove, people said just PULL, but was NOT that simple. First the cap you're missing would just pop off repeatedly, and i eventually was able to remove the volume knob/what's left of it, that you see in yours/and original poster's pic above. It just took a darn tiny lil set of pliers I bought on amazon, plus a lot of force and leverage.

Finally got it off and found out I bought the wrong replacement knob. Still works though, so I'm just running with it. If you want any more details, let me know, to potentially spare you/save you.

Appreciate 0