BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

BPM
Closed Thread

05-24-2011, 03:32 AM   #1
Taz@Evolve. P
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: Quick enough

Cool Remote tuning of the E9x M3 is now a reality

Hi guys,

As some of you know from our recent post in the sponsors section (clicky), remote tuning is now a reality for all M3 owners.

Our device has taken a few years to build, essentially due to the complexity of being able to tune various vehicles rather than just the one. (For customers that means if they change vehicle to one covered in our range they receive discounts of 80% on that new tune.)

The cable itself, called the evolve-R, works much the same way as the Master cable we have been using for years in the shop to tune hundreds of cars, except it locks to one ECU. It's simple and secure, we didn't want to reinvent the wheel when we already had something that worked consistently.

Essentially it is just a means to an end - for us to be able to work our magic on anybodies ECU without having to be there in person. There's no need for dyno runs as we have done ridiculous amounts of testing already and know average outcomes, or the fabled 'custom' tune that doesn't really exist for those with modifications we have created files for.

Below is a rundown of the process for the M3:

It's at this point we tune your file and send it back to you...

Any questions please PM or email paul@evolveautomotive.com or visit the sponsor section directly regarding the product: Link here
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2011, 05:27 AM   #2
LV-E92M3
Lieutenant
Afghanistan
Rep
Drives: Donkey

nice
E92 M3 DCT/ESS VT-575/FABSPEED hfc's/AE exhaust/BBS LM 19'/ KW CS/RD sways/STOPTECH TK/ RECARO PP /BMW PSW/WIECHERS SPORT roll cage/CF parts that covers the back seat/VRS hood/bumper/csl trunk/diffuser type 2/CF:mirror cap/side & front grills
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2011, 07:26 AM   #3
DTM-POWER
Debonair
United_States
Rep
Drives: e39 M5, 650hp Evo X

This is what I did with my evo in the beggining. Far more simple for this product than using evoscan and doing 4th gear pulls logging it and sending in.

Curious to the cost for members.
      05-24-2011, 03:27 PM   #4
mcornale
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E92 ///M3

Have you guys reflashed a stock car if so what kind of power gains you making
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2011, 03:32 PM   #5
kitw
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F91 M8, 991.2 GT3

can't wait for mine to come! Thanks Paul!

DSC_3369 by Kit W, on Flickr
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2011, 03:36 PM   #6
Taz@Evolve. P
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitw View Post
can't wait for mine to come! Thanks Paul!
Packaged and sent a few minutes after your order Kit Should be with you tomorrow. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised at the difference between the two
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2011, 03:40 PM   #7
Taz@Evolve. P
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTM-POWER View Post
This is what I did with my evo in the beggining. Far more simple for this product than using evoscan and doing 4th gear pulls logging it and sending in.

Curious to the cost for members.
Right now we are having a promotion, check out the direct link here

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcornale View Post
Have you guys reflashed a stock car if so what kind of power gains you making
On a completely stock car I would say a very conservative 15hp
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2011, 06:00 PM   #8
ScorpionT
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335i, SL65

After the original flash is purchased, whats the cost to retune the files for an aftermarket exhaust?
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2011, 06:11 PM   #9
Taz@Evolve. P
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorpionT View Post
After the original flash is purchased, whats the cost to retune the files for an aftermarket exhaust?
You will only need a new file if you replace the cats (in general, anything like cats/headers needs a new file). Anything else, mufflers, high flow cats, intakes etc... the original file can adapt to and exploit.

Brand new files are in the region of $150 for Evolve customers, which I think is fair considering its the same amount of work to create as the first tune.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2011, 08:29 PM   #10
flipm3
E46 + E90 + F80
Rep
Drives: E46 + E90 + F80

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
2002 BMW M3  [0.00]
Just to let you all know, all the guys at Evolve are awesome!

I had my E46 M3 remotely dyno tuned by Evolve early this month with great success! Some of those screen shots were actually from my actual computer and I can only testify how simple and easy they make it for us. It was very easy corresponding with the Evolve as they were on stand-by the whole 4 hours of dyno time.

After experiencing their tune in my E46 M3, I can comfortably say that Evolve has invested a lot of time, effort, and knowledge into these tunes. I'm very excited to see what the E9X M3 guys will be experiencing, although I don't expect it to be any less than impressed.

Thanks to Evolve for helping me out with my E46 M3. When I am done working on some other modifications for that car, I can comfortably say that I will be going to you guys to also tune our E90 M3.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2011, 12:29 AM   #11
Draff1
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 Silverstone M3 Coupe

I thought you guys were in the UK? What if I already have a tune? How do I get a stock tune and switch between the two? Would I have to go back to the dealership to get flashed back to factory?
      05-25-2011, 01:05 AM   #12
Singletrack
4th down; 4th quarter? Renegade.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 SSII E92 M3; 19 FG M5C

Very elegant.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2011, 01:52 AM   #13
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

Can this kit be transferred to another car? I may get another one when my lease is up.
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2011, 02:46 AM   #14
m5driver77
Private
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: 2012 f10 M5

Garage List
Are you guys shipping overseas? Im in the Netherlands? Will work same on EU model m3?
      05-25-2011, 03:29 AM   #15
Taz@Evolve. P
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipm3 View Post
Just to let you all know, all the guys at Evolve are awesome!

I had my E46 M3 remotely dyno tuned by Evolve early this month with great success! Some of those screen shots were actually from my actual computer and I can only testify how simple and easy they make it for us. It was very easy corresponding with the Evolve as they were on stand-by the whole 4 hours of dyno time.

After experiencing their tune in my E46 M3, I can comfortably say that Evolve has invested a lot of time, effort, and knowledge into these tunes. I'm very excited to see what the E9X M3 guys will be experiencing, although I don't expect it to be any less than impressed.

Thanks to Evolve for helping me out with my E46 M3. When I am done working on some other modifications for that car, I can comfortably say that I will be going to you guys to also tune our E90 M3.
Thanks Flip Appreciate the feedback (and the screenshots )!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draff1 View Post
I thought you guys were in the UK? What if I already have a tune? How do I get a stock tune and switch between the two? Would I have to go back to the dealership to get flashed back to factory?
You don't have to get a stock tune from anywhere. Your vehicle already has the stock tune in it which we extract using our evolve-R cable (unless your already tuned of course, in which case simply revert to stock, or contact us to talk about it). Our HQ is in the UK yes, but have a US company to supply our hardware in the US now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singletrack View Post
Very elegant.
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus View Post
Can this kit be transferred to another car? I may get another one when my lease is up.
The units lock themselves to one ECU, and a tune is specific to your vehicle software version so wouldn't work on another vehicle - but we run a program to try to balance this out, by having our customers only pay for the cost of a replacement unit if they change their car for a like for like model (i.e. lease). We take a new read using the new cable and tune it for free.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oslotdriver View Post
Are you guys shipping overseas? Im in the Netherlands? Will work same on EU model m3?
Absolutely, it would ship from our UK headquarters. I'll PM all the details necessary
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2011, 04:52 AM   #16
ysv
Private
Russian Federation
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

PM me the details how to buy this unit and transform it to Russia, thank in advance. And also i would like to ask if there are diffrerent programs for catless or especialy for 98euro spec petrol?

ps you are the one how supplies such product (remote reflash), or there are some other companies already, how also started to sell such product?

Last edited by ysv; 05-25-2011 at 04:57 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2011, 04:47 PM   #17
kitw
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F91 M8, 991.2 GT3

Geez, you guys ship fast!

DSC_3369 by Kit W, on Flickr
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2011, 04:52 PM   #18
Taz@Evolve. P
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysv View Post
PM me the details how to buy this unit and transform it to Russia, thank in advance. And also i would like to ask if there are diffrerent programs for catless or especialy for 98euro spec petrol?

ps you are the one how supplies such product (remote reflash), or there are some other companies already, how also started to sell such product?
You have PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitw View Post
Geez, you guys ship fast!
Yup!
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2011, 05:44 PM   #19
Grail05
Putcha ang ganda...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 F82 M4

WOW i like it... TUNING for DUMMIES.........
      05-25-2011, 06:03 PM   #20
datbimmerdoe
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: like I'M BOUT THAT LIFE

good shit!

FOLLOW @datbimmerdoe on INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2011, 11:21 PM   #21
hova00
Major
Rep
Drives: G80 M3C

Just like my tatrix cable and openecu for my STI's and EVO's that i would use. Less than 50 dollars for the tatrix cable and you were good to go.

Would the dealer know that the car was ever tuned if you revert back to your stock map before service? Can the tuned map be saved on my PC along with the stock?
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2011, 12:56 AM   #22
M&M
Captain
South Africa
Rep
Drives: Boosted Beemers!

Can this tune M3's with the latest anti-tuning?
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread