BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

BPM

05-22-2016, 12:07 AM   #133
jgoens
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mywifes335 View Post
I got 5 on Goens.

Psst, Goens, sandbag this bitch. Call an exterminator. I'll split my $5 with you.

Btw, you need a better avatar if you're gonna rock JGOENS as your Screenname.

Check it, this dudes name is FRED GOENS.

Edit: FGoens looks like he can wrassle that skunk to death with his bare hands. Because that's what he does.
Man, your right!!http://archive.oilcitywyo.com/2015/4...ssault-charge/
This dude is pretty tough..breaking a woman's arm and all....like to toss this loser under the shed and let the skunk have it's way with his punk-ass.
      05-22-2016, 12:43 AM   #134
cays
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 3 Germans

OP, I had an identical situation once with a pair of smallish skunks that made a home in my back yard. Never once during the year that I first discovered them did they ever threaten to spray and I must have seen them at least fifty times. Eventually they moved on. I actually enjoyed having them around but then I'm the type who hangs hummingbird feeders in the yard. I don't use insecticides or herbicides by choice. Sure, it means a little extra yard work but that is in itself an enjoyable and satisfying process, particularly when I see the various interesting birds that forage in the yard. So thanks for not thinking of living things just as pests to be exterminated.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2016, 01:05 AM   #135
jgoens
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cays View Post
OP, I had an identical situation once with a pair of smallish skunks that made a home in my back yard. Never once during the year that I first discovered them did they ever threaten to spray and I must have seen them at least fifty times. Eventually they moved on. I actually enjoyed having them around but then I'm the type who hangs hummingbird feeders in the yard. I don't use insecticides or herbicides by choice. Sure, it means a little extra yard work but that is in itself an enjoyable and satisfying process, particularly when I see the various interesting birds that forage in the yard. So thanks for not thinking of living things just as pests to be exterminated.
I grew up in a rural town and spent a lot of time outdoors so small wild animals are not very threatening to me...figure we have encroached on their environment. However, while I don't mind them passing through the yard having a skunk smelling up your shed is not a thrill.

I have from time to time seen a skunk late at night outside and they came to the window and watched me inside as do raccoons. That's why my plan is still to find a way to have him out so I can seal the holes and he can go live next door and only pay me visits.
      05-22-2016, 10:27 AM   #136
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep
Drives: blue streak

Appreciate 0
      05-22-2016, 12:26 PM   #137
ASBSECU E93
Know's a guy that know's a guy...
Rep
Drives: 2010 335d; 2008 135i

@jgoens - I know you have a soft spot for animals, but this will not end well for you or anyone around you.

While you may not look to provoke these rodents (yes they are rodents), that does not mean a snake, dog, coyote, or any other number of predator animals could/would provoke their only defense mechanism.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
Poop shit, shit and poop. I'm mildly angry now.
Appreciate 1
      05-22-2016, 12:35 PM   #138
cays
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 3 Germans

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASBSECU E93 View Post
@jgoens - I know you have a soft spot for animals, but this will not end well for you or anyone around you.

While you may not look to provoke these rodents (yes they are rodents), that does not mean a snake, dog, coyote, or any other number of predator animals could/would provoke their only defense mechanism.
Minor correction here - skunks are weasels. From Yahoo:

Rodents are an order of animals whose main defining feature is two pairs of large, chisel-like incisor teeth which grow constantly and must be worn down by eating hard foods or by gnawing - the word 'rodent' comes from the Latin 'rodere', meaning 'to gnaw'. Mice, rats, beavers, guinea pigs, chinchillas, gerbils, hamsters and so on are all rodents. Skunks belong to the order Carnivora. Animals in this order have teeth designed for meat-eating - large canine teeth, small pointed incisors, and shearing carnassial teeth for slicing flesh. Skunks belong to the family Mustelidae, often called the 'weasel family'. Other members of this family include otters, mink, badgers, martens, stoats, polecats, wolverines and, of course, weasels.
Appreciate 1
      05-22-2016, 03:30 PM   #139
ASBSECU E93
Know's a guy that know's a guy...
Rep
Drives: 2010 335d; 2008 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by cays
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASBSECU E93 View Post

Minor correction here - skunks are weasels. From Yahoo:

Rodents are an order of animals whose main defining feature is two pairs of large, chisel-like incisor teeth which grow constantly and must be worn down by eating hard foods or by gnawing - the word 'rodent' comes from the Latin 'rodere', meaning 'to gnaw'. Mice, rats, beavers, guinea pigs, chinchillas, gerbils, hamsters and so on are all rodents. Skunks belong to the order Carnivora. Animals in this order have teeth designed for meat-eating - large canine teeth, small pointed incisors, and shearing carnassial teeth for slicing flesh. Skunks belong to the family Mustelidae, often called the 'weasel family'. Other members of this family include otters, mink, badgers, martens, stoats, polecats, wolverines and, of course, weasels.
You should be banned, for using Yahoo search engine!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
Poop shit, shit and poop. I'm mildly angry now.
Appreciate 3
      05-22-2016, 04:00 PM   #140
jgoens
Major General
Rep

Since there is so much amazing interest in this thread here is the update as miniscule as it is: I loosely put crumpled newspaper in the hole yesterday and came home last night about 10:45 and wandered around the yard with Flashlight and Phone video...but...nothing....and the newspaper was intact. In the morning I checked the newspaper and it had not moved, HOWEVER, there was a new hole right next to the one with the paper in it.

So, he could have easily nudged that paper out of the way but instead decided to dig a new hole. Remember, I am in the "monitoring his behavior" stage right now. Going to block the new hole(with rocks and bricks) and I will check again later in the night.

Guys here is an update to the update..just shoved a brick under the new hole and pulled out the newspaper to crumple it up better and it smells like skunk. And, the hole I put a brick and dirt in at the back of the tuff shed has been opened back up.

Last edited by jgoens; 05-22-2016 at 04:16 PM..
Appreciate 1
      05-22-2016, 04:23 PM   #141
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW i8

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Just nuke the hole already.
      05-22-2016, 04:27 PM   #142
wdb
dances with roads
Rep
Drives: '07 E86, '02 996, '95 Seven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.SugarSkulls View Post
From space. It's the only way to be sure.
Appreciate 1
      05-22-2016, 04:28 PM   #143
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW i8

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.SugarSkulls View Post
From space. It's the only way to be sure.
Agreed.

If it means a couple casualties, then so be it- but this is war now.

MURICA!
      05-22-2016, 04:43 PM   #144
Mywifes335
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 FBO M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoens View Post
Since there is so much amazing interest in this thread here is the update as miniscule as it is: I loosely put crumpled newspaper in the hole yesterday and came home last night about 10:45 and wandered around the yard with Flashlight and Phone video...but...nothing....and the newspaper was intact. In the morning I checked the newspaper and it had not moved, HOWEVER, there was a new hole right next to the one with the paper in it.

So, he could have easily nudged that paper out of the way but instead decided to dig a new hole. Remember, I am in the "monitoring his behavior" stage right now. Going to block the new hole(with rocks and bricks) and I will check again later in the night.

Guys here is an update to the update..just shoved a brick under the new hole and pulled out the newspaper to crumple it up better and it smells like skunk. And, the hole I put a brick and dirt in at the back of the tuff shed has been opened back up.
That skunk is probably posting on some board about the shed owner.

JGo, just get a pro. Next thing you know, Pepe LePew is gonna dig a hole in your house!
Appreciate 3
      05-22-2016, 06:44 PM   #145
jgoens
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mywifes335 View Post
That skunk is probably posting on some board about the shed owner.

JGo, just get a pro. Next thing you know, Pepe LePew is gonna dig a hole in your house!
JGo...like it--your kind of a witty guy, guess that's why we get along so well. You know, I can go spend $1000 on performance mods but have a hard time with $300 for a skunk....I got this!
He can dig well...a couple weeks ago I cut a tree down in my yard and then dug the roots out and pulled the stump..what a pain in the ass...that little bugger could have been helpful for his digging skills--that is one project most people probably aren't in to-- Yeah, I'm a real "learning on the job" DIYer.
      05-22-2016, 06:59 PM   #146
Mywifes335
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 FBO M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoens View Post
JGo...like it--your kind of a witty guy, guess that's why we get along so well. You know, I can go spend $1000 on performance mods but have a hard time with $300 for a skunk....I got this!
He can dig well...a couple weeks ago I cut a tree down in my yard and then dug the roots out and pulled the stump..what a pain in the ass...that little bugger could have been helpful for his digging skills--that is one project most people probably aren't in to-- Yeah, I'm a real "learning on the job" DIYer.
Hehe, thanks...you as well.

Ok man, that's how I feel about things around the house. I know I got to get a new HVAC for my condo that's being rented, but I'd rather get big turbo. Lol.

Just be careful! Don't get sprayed!

You should totally change your Screenname to JGo!
Appreciate 1
      05-22-2016, 08:51 PM   #147
jgoens
Major General
Rep

Aight...I have some Ammonium Carbonate..shit is no joke....going battle him at his own game...he should like that.
      05-22-2016, 08:59 PM   #148
bimmette
YouTube.com/TvTara
Canada
Rep
Drives: like I stole it! (11 m3 E93)

Run, skunky, run!
Appreciate 1
      05-23-2016, 12:30 AM   #149
jgoens
Major General
Rep

Ok guys..got home and looked at the side yard and there he was having a drink from the fountain....I ran to the back and started putting a brick and pots and dirt over the hole..the whole time watching my back...went back in and he was gone from the side yard....went back out to the back and heard a noise..camera started rolling...got some footage..think he's pissed cuz his hole is filled. Progress is happening.

05-23-2016, 12:33 AM   #150
jgoens
Major General
Rep

Still shot...it's on!

Name:  skunk (360x640).jpg
Views: 1206
Size:  139.6 KB
      05-23-2016, 12:49 AM   #151
eluded
2JZ-GTE
Bulgaria
Rep
Drives: 340 6MT, 50e, others

Have do you gotten sprayed yet?

I'd ask the dog for help
[IMG]http://25.media.tumblr.com/8a228f270...zoa7o1_400.gif[/IMG]
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2016, 12:51 AM   #152
bimmette
YouTube.com/TvTara
Canada
Rep
Drives: like I stole it! (11 m3 E93)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoens
Ok guys..got home and looked at the side yard and there he was having a drink from the fountain....I ran to the back and started putting a brick and pots and dirt over the hole..the whole time watching my back...went back in and he was gone from the side yard....went back out to the back and heard a noise..camera started rolling...got some footage..think he's pissed cuz his hole is filled. Progress is happening.

This is awesome! I'm laughing out loud so much watching this!!! Go skunky!!!

Thank you for the video
Appreciate 1
      05-23-2016, 12:56 AM   #153
jtodd_fl
2nd Asst to Dept Undersecretary
Rep
Drives: People crazy

Garage List
2015 F82 M4  [9.00]
2016 F87 M2  [0.00]
2011 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmette
This is awesome! I'm laughing out loud so much watching this!!! Go skunky!!!

Thank you for the video
Me too. This is progress. Expect the not one to end like this:
      05-23-2016, 12:57 AM   #154
jgoens
Major General
Rep

He was still wandering around in the back...I sprinkled the ammonium carbonate around the holes..so if he wants to start digging he gets to smell that. I'll see in the morning if there are any new holes...if not..getting chicken wire..if so..the drama continues.
Appreciate 0