BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

11-11-2021, 01:02 PM   #1
jritt@essex
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 335i, NSX, 997.2, 987.1

Black Friday 2021 is on at AP Racing / Essex

We'd like you to hop into your mental time machine for a moment, and rewind to the year 2017. Hurricanes ravaged the Southern USA, Lewis Hamilton won his fourth F1 title, and used Honda Civics weren't selling for $40,000! There was a lot going on, but at least the word Covid hadn't yet crept into our vernacular. That was the last time Essex raised prices on our AP Racing Brake Kits.

Today the world is even more upside down than most of us thought it was then. The pandemic has altered the economic landscape more than anything we can remember, and we've faced continuously spiraling costs ever since it began. Everything from brake discs, to the smallest fastener, to shipping, to a weakening US Dollar are conspiring to challenge our business. We have resisted passing on these mounting costs to our customers for as long as possible, but we can no longer maintain our legacy prices if we want to provide the same quality products and services our customers have come to expect.

On 12/11/21 at the conclusion of the sale period, we will be implementing a substantial price increase on our AP Racing by Essex Brake Kits (both Road and Competition) and 2-piece J Hook Disc Kits. We don't yet have a final number, but it will be somewhere in the ballpark of 10%. Also of note, Ferodo has raised their prices at least 5% across all brake pads for 2022 (more on some shapes), which we will be implementing January 1st.

However, from Monday 11/15 to Friday 12/10/21 we are offering one final opportunity to take advantage of our 2017 prices. We will also include free standard UPS ground shipping on all orders over $200 shipped to the CONUS (excluding Apex Wheels). Just enter the code "SHIPFREE" at checkout.

In summary, if you were thinking about purchasing one of our brake products, now is the time! Thank you very much for your continued support during these challenging times.

Sincerely,
Team Essex
Appreciate 1
ApexWheels1426.50
      11-13-2021, 01:11 AM   #2
roastbeef
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

make brakes great again.
xiliy57.00
      11-13-2021, 01:49 AM   #3
m3fan143
Private
Rep
Drives: e92 M3 ((IBlue)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jritt@essex View Post

We'd like you to hop into your mental time machine for a moment, and rewind to the year 2017. Hurricanes ravaged the Southern USA, Lewis Hamilton won his fourth F1 title, and used Honda Civics weren't selling for $40,000! There was a lot going on, but at least the word Covid hadn't yet crept into our vernacular. That was the last time Essex raised prices on our AP Racing Brake Kits.

Today the world is even more upside down than most of us thought it was then. The pandemic has altered the economic landscape more than anything we can remember, and we've faced continuously spiraling costs ever since it began. Everything from brake discs, to the smallest fastener, to shipping, to a weakening US Dollar are conspiring to challenge our business. We have resisted passing on these mounting costs to our customers for as long as possible, but we can no longer maintain our legacy prices if we want to provide the same quality products and services our customers have come to expect.

On 12/11/21 at the conclusion of the sale period, we will be implementing a substantial price increase on our AP Racing by Essex Brake Kits (both Road and Competition) and 2-piece J Hook Disc Kits. We don't yet have a final number, but it will be somewhere in the ballpark of 10%. Also of note, Ferodo has raised their prices at least 5% across all brake pads for 2022 (more on some shapes), which we will be implementing January 1st.

However, from Monday 11/15 to Friday 12/10/21 we are offering one final opportunity to take advantage of our 2017 prices. We will also include free standard UPS ground shipping on all orders over $200 shipped to the CONUS (excluding Apex Wheels). Just enter the code "SHIPFREE" at checkout.

In summary, if you were thinking about purchasing one of our brake products, now is the time! Thank you very much for your continued support during these challenging times.

Sincerely,
Team Essex

Jeff,
This is Jeff..

I have 2008 E92 M3 with upgraded wheels ( BBS LM, 9.5 x 19 and 10 x 19) ...wiil the road kit fit with no issues? Pls email me : jeffgo888@gmail
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2021, 01:22 PM   #4
jritt@essex
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by roastbeef View Post
make brakes great again.
Hahaha...perfect!
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2021, 01:30 PM   #5
jritt@essex
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3fan143 View Post
Jeff,
This is Jeff..

I have 2008 E92 M3 with upgraded wheels ( BBS LM, 9.5 x 19 and 10 x 19) ...wiil the road kit fit with no issues? Pls email me : jeffgo888@gmail
Emailing you now. For everyone else's edification...

We provide several tools to help you verify clearance. When viewing a specific brake kit, there is a tab labeled ‘Wheel Fitment and Installation’ below the ‘Add to cart’ button. Clicking that tab will show you a list of wheels that have been verified to clear a particular brake kit with or without a spacer. These details are in most cases provided by customers, and we cannot therefore guarantee their validity. Up to this point however, we have never had any problems with false fitment claims.

There will also be a downloadable link titled, “Wheel Fitment Template”. Clicking that link will take you to a template that you can print and place inside your wheel. When printing, be sure to verify at least one dimension on the printed copy with a ruler, dial calipers, etc., as printers are notorious for scaling this type of image. Follow the instructions on the bottom of the template and place the template inside your wheel.

If you don’t have access to the wheel you’re planning to run, any good wheel seller will happily verify wheel clearance if you email them a hyperlink to our fitment template. When browsing APEX or Forgeline wheels on the Essex site, we have a similar ‘Wheel fitment and installation’ tab that will list which of our brake kits clear that wheel.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2021, 03:39 PM   #6
m3fan143
Private
Rep
Drives: e92 M3 ((IBlue)

Quote:
Emailing you now. For everyone else's edification...

We provide several tools to help you verify clearance. When viewing a specific brake kit, there is a tab labeled ‘Wheel Fitment and Installation’ below the ‘Add to cart’ button. Clicking that tab will show you a list of wheels that have been verified to clear a particular brake kit with or without a spacer. These details are in most cases provided by customers, and we cannot therefore guarantee their validity. Up to this point however, we have never had any problems with false fitment claims.

There will also be a downloadable link titled, “Wheel Fitment Template”. Clicking that link will take you to a template that you can print and place inside your wheel. When printing, be sure to verify at least one dimension on the printed copy with a ruler, dial calipers, etc., as printers are notorious for scaling this type of image. Follow the instructions on the bottom of the template and place the template inside your wheel.

If you don’t have access to the wheel you’re planning to run, any good wheel seller will happily verify wheel clearance if you email them a hyperlink to our fitment template. When browsing APEX or Forgeline wheels on the Essex site, we have a similar ‘Wheel fitment and installation’ tab that will list which of our brake kits clear that wheel.

Hi Sir
I dont see any info under 'CONFIRMED WHEELS"

Confirmed wheels that fit without a spacer:

but i think this fits..
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-15-2021, 06:40 AM   #7
jritt@essex
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Hi Sir
I dont see any info under 'CONFIRMED WHEELS"

but i think this fits..
We unfortunately don't have any data on that specific wheel. You would have to remove the wheel and check it from the back side. There is no other way short of sending the fitment template to a BBS wheel seller and having them verify the fitment for you. Sorry! Let us know how else we can help.

Here's what the template needs to look like inserted into the wheel:

Last edited by jritt@essex; 11-15-2021 at 08:18 AM..
Appreciate 1
roastbeef11584.50
      11-16-2021, 04:55 PM   #8
RickyBobby
Captain
Rep
Drives: M3

Hi Jeff, we met years ago in our 350Z's.
Can you tell me if the front brake kit fits the oem 18" wheels? Your website has conflicting information on it. (I believe the oem are style 219M).

From your website:

OEM 18" Wheels

Wheels that require spacer:
OEM 219M wheels with a 15mm spacer
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2021, 07:56 AM   #9
jritt@essex
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyBobby View Post
Hi Jeff, we met years ago in our 350Z's.
Can you tell me if the front brake kit fits the oem 18" wheels? Your website has conflicting information on it. (I believe the oem are style 219M).

From your website:

OEM 18" Wheels

Wheels that require spacer:
OEM 219M wheels with a 15mm spacer
Nice to 'meet' you again! Well, you're right...that is conflicting info. Sorry about that! I'm honestly not 100% sure. I was able to dig up a pic of our old CP5060/355mm kit inside the 219M wheels (below). That kit used a 355mm disc. Based on what I know about our kits and the wheel spoke geometry on those, I would expect our CP9660/372mm kit to clear without a spacer. I'd advise checking the wheel fitment template to be sure though.

I know there is a wheel fitment thread somewhere here on the forum...I'll try to dig it up for your to reference. I'm 99% sure we have someone here running our Radi-CAL kit under these wheels.

I apologize that checking the template is our recommendation. I'm literally extending a job offer to someone today, who's main goal in life will be to get our website updated (including wheel fitment). I'm sorry that we don't have this info handy, as we should by this point. We are so ridiculously busy that we are falling behind on our site.

Appreciate 0
      11-17-2021, 08:00 AM   #10
jritt@essex
Captain
United_States
Rep

RickyBobby,
I found this in another thread...it looks like forum member enycerz was running OEM 18" wheels with our CP9660/372mm kit. I would check with him to verify. Thanks!

Originally Posted by enycerz
Essex AP Racing 9660

Clears Stock 18" wheels
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2021, 10:40 AM   #11
exVtekGuy
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: none yet

hi, so the price listed currently in the website is the 2017 price?
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2021, 10:42 AM   #12
rcracin
Major
Rep

Quote:
Nice to 'meet' you again! Well, you're right...that is conflicting info. Sorry about that! I'm honestly not 100% sure. I was able to dig up a pic of our old CP5060/355mm kit inside the 219M wheels (below). That kit used a 355mm disc. Based on what I know about our kits and the wheel spoke geometry on those, I would expect our CP9660/372mm kit to clear without a spacer. I'd advise checking the wheel fitment template to be sure though.

I know there is a wheel fitment thread somewhere here on the forum...I'll try to dig it up for your to reference. I'm 99% sure we have someone here running our Radi-CAL kit under these wheels.

I apologize that checking the template is our recommendation. I'm literally extending a job offer to someone today, who's main goal in life will be to get our website updated (including wheel fitment). I'm sorry that we don't have this info handy, as we should by this point. We are so ridiculously busy that we are falling behind on our site.

This pic is of the 19” 220m wheel.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2021, 10:45 AM   #13
jritt@essex
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by exVtekGuy View Post
hi, so the price listed currently in the website is the 2017 price?
That is correct. We considered raising prices last month, but didn't want to do the common retailer move of artificially inflating prices just prior to the sale and then applying a discount, so it only looks like you're saving money. We wanted to be transparent about the situation. It's unfortunate that we can't slash prices, but our costs are spiraling upwards right now at an unprecedented rate (just like most other businesses). We must raise prices if we want to keep our 26 employees and their families supported.
Appreciate 1
DRLane3988.50
      11-18-2021, 10:47 AM   #14
jritt@essex
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcracin View Post
This pic is of the 19” 220m wheel.
Well, there's that! Sorry...I'm having a hard time keeping all the wheel styles and specifics straight for BMW, Porsche, Corvette, Mustang, Camaro, McLaren...etc. I always just refer to these as 'those original skinny spoke ones'.

I resurrected our wheel fitment thread in hopes that some of our owners will chime in with more fitment data:
https://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1400629

Thanks!
Appreciate 1
      11-19-2021, 11:54 AM   #15
RickyBobby
Captain
Rep

I'll be prepping for a track day at Sonoma this weekend and will have my oem tires off. I'll print out the template and post back my findings.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2021, 07:04 PM   #16
RickyBobby
Captain
Rep

Confirming that the 9660 does NOT fit with the oem 18's.
Attached Images

Last edited by RickyBobby; 03-22-2022 at 06:51 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2021, 10:25 AM   #17
jritt@essex
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Confirming that the 9660 does NOT fit with the oem 18's.
Crossing this kit off my wish list for now
Bummer! Running aftermarket studs with a small spacer is a common solution many of our customers pursue, so you don't necessarily have to cross a brake upgrade off the list. Our kits were actually designed to accommodate slightly larger wheel studs rather than the annoying stock bolts. Just something to keep in mind...and it will make swapping the wheels easier if you do so with any frequency.
After owning several types of German car, I've personally accepted that I despise wheel bolts. Studs are just so much nicer IMO.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2021, 10:17 PM   #18
RickyBobby
Captain
Rep

Agreed Jeff, it's not a problem to run a spacer. It looks like a 10 or 15mm will be required.
Appreciate 1
      11-26-2021, 08:59 AM   #19
OG Shark
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: Angry

Quote:
Jeff,
This is Jeff..

Jeff - just a bit of road kit + BBS eye candy for you - with FI-R though. Very happy with the road kit (as well as the competition kits) & the Essex crew is very good to work with. Definitely cannot go wrong with them. Just thought I would share since you don't such as much on the road kits as the comp kits.

Quote:
Agreed Jeff, it's not a problem to run a spacer. It looks like a 10 or 15mm will be required.
Out of curiosity why 9660 vs 9668 (sorry if I missed it)? For fitment reasons? We always try to lean towards the 9668 when available but have had a couple of people asking about the 9660 recently as well too. Thanks!
Appreciate 1
      11-29-2021, 10:16 AM   #20
jritt@essex
Captain
United_States
Rep

Car looks fantastic, and thanks for sharing those pics! I've been thinking about going with silver calipers on my orange Boxster...I think you just sealed that one up for me.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2021, 11:15 AM   #21
Mr_Reeves
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

I can confirm that the CP9660 DOES fit the stock 18 inch wheel with no spacers.

I have the 260M wheels on my car with no spacers with 9660 kit and it fits. You will need low-profile wheel balancing weights in order to clear or have the wheel weights fitted in a position on the wheel where they will not touch the back of the caliper.

There is about 2-3mm between the back of the caliper and the inside of the wheel barrel.

I can submit pictures later.
Appreciate 1
      12-03-2021, 11:32 AM   #22
rcracin
Major
Rep

Is there a difference in the Euro 260m vs the US 219m?
Appreciate 0