BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Video + PC Gaming / Computing

EXXEL Distributions

01-10-2012, 12:38 AM   #45
Greenkirby21
Vrooom :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: C7 Stringray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oni_ View Post
It doesn't matter who it may have been. It wasn't intentional, and everyone was giving lots of room. I still had fun, especially in those first 15-20 minutes just trying to click off fast laps to close down tenths.

haha ya. it was a lot of fun. I wish I hadn't crashed as well because it was really intense and fun! O well, there is next race
      01-11-2012, 11:43 AM   #46
Greenkirby21
United_States
Rep

replay from iberion : )

01-11-2012, 12:54 PM   #47
Syndicategt
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oni_ View Post
It doesn't matter who it may have been. It wasn't intentional, and everyone was giving lots of room. I still had fun, especially in those first 15-20 minutes just trying to click off fast laps to close down tenths.
I wish there was a way to see our lap times during the race, unless there is and I don't know about it.
2008 BMW 335i e90 - Sold - Rob Beck Turbos / PROcede V5 / Aquamist HFS-4 / AR Downpipes / AE Exhaust / ER Comp FMIC / ER CP / TiAL BOV / Custom Intake / RPI Scoops / Quaife LSD / Swift-Koni Coilovers / DSS HS / Morr VS8.2 Sig Black / Michelin PSS / P3 Boost Guage / M3 body / M3 steering wheel / Adam's Rotors / Hawk HPS / SS lines /
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2012, 09:49 PM   #48
Greenkirby21
United_States
Rep

i dont understand how some people can be so good at FM4. i am doing the stock cars and my best times are like 4-5 seconds behind the leaderboards : <
      01-12-2012, 01:43 PM   #49
Syndicategt
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenkirby21 View Post
i dont understand how some people can be so good at FM4. i am doing the stock cars and my best times are like 4-5 seconds behind the leaderboards : <
Leaderboard times are messed up. I raced a leaderboard ghost car and beat it by 2-3 car lengths on my R2-853 Merc......but for some odd reason, his time was 2 seconds faster. What gives!
2008 BMW 335i e90 - Sold - Rob Beck Turbos / PROcede V5 / Aquamist HFS-4 / AR Downpipes / AE Exhaust / ER Comp FMIC / ER CP / TiAL BOV / Custom Intake / RPI Scoops / Quaife LSD / Swift-Koni Coilovers / DSS HS / Morr VS8.2 Sig Black / Michelin PSS / P3 Boost Guage / M3 body / M3 steering wheel / Adam's Rotors / Hawk HPS / SS lines /
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2012, 03:04 PM   #50
Oni_
Private
Rep
Drives: ...

Are you selecting the user and choosing the option to "Launch Race" or choosing the option to "Race Ghost"? If you have been accidentally choosing Launch Race, then you are racing your best lap ghost for that particular car class. The difference between the two, is that the target time will be the same, but which ghost is on course will be different - your personal ghost or the leaderboard time ghost, respectively.

The ghost will be in the respective class as your current car, and it will be either the fastest lap from whatever race you have done on that circuit, or it will be (I believe) a dirty lap ghost if no clean laps have been run on the circuit.

I was doing this before and kept thinking I was beating the ghost but setting a slower lap time than the target time. What makes it confusing is if you're use to doing Rivals mode since you always race the ghost of your closest, faster opponent. Selecting a leaderboard ghost time to race requires you to select a different option than the default option presented.

Last edited by Oni_; 01-12-2012 at 03:51 PM..
Appreciate 0