BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic

EXXEL Distributions

06-04-2011, 02:06 PM   #1
Navin323i
Europrojektz East
United_States
Rep
Drives: See my Sig

Anyone here have the BMW Performance Exhaust on their M3?

Would love to see and hear this exhaust in person if any of you local fellas have one.

I'm strongly considering ordering this exhaust when I place my M3 order in a few months.

Right now my iPhone ringtone is the BMW Performance exhaust sound, which I obtained from a recent email from BMW, and it sounds amazing... now I want to hear one in person.

Navin

BMW Individual Atlantis Metallic Twin Screw S/C'ed 5spd 2000 323i
SPONSORED BY: BBS | Toyo Tires | DPE | WheelSTO | Vorsteiner | European Auto Source | Bimmertools | GetBMWParts | Race Apeel
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2011, 09:58 PM   #2
mdosu
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Double Vanos'd Civic-M3

really expensive you must be a Baller$$$$
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2011, 11:29 PM   #3
richardbb85
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: e92 m3

^^ there are better choices for same or less prices
      06-05-2011, 08:13 AM   #4
Navin323i
Europrojektz East
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdosu View Post
LOL... far from it. However, I do have some mods on my 323i that I could potentially sell to fund the exhaust (example: the no longer made CF Vorsteiner edition Brembo BBK that you see in my sig... unfortunately it isn't possible to "convert" this to E92 M3 fitment so I'll be selling this).

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardbb85 View Post
^^ there are better choices for same or less prices
What choices would you personally recommend?

SPONSORED BY: BBS | Toyo Tires | DPE | WheelSTO | Vorsteiner | European Auto Source | Bimmertools | GetBMWParts | Race Apeel
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2011, 09:44 AM   #5
mdosu
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Double Vanos'd Civic-M3

Appreciate 0
      06-05-2011, 09:58 AM   #6
Nine
Banned
Rep
Drives: Not ZCP, FML.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdosu View Post
I think tischer has it for 3,500, (not installed) IIRC. If he is getting it when he orders the car, it's not like a significant portion, it will just be like an option - DCT, ZCP, (spread across a payment or a % increase/sub a line item)

If you want to maintain some kind of bmw warranty with the exhaust system, it's a good route but there have been some threads regarding the quality of hte system, you way want to do a quick search "Beware of BMW Performance Exhaust"

I'm really divided on the justification for the performance exhaust, if you will be racing the car there are obviously better race tuned exhausts (not EPA legal for DD) ...If you are DD'ing, the stock exhaust is plenty loud, performance gains are minimal. Considering ROI with respect to performance gains, I would equate the bmw performance exhaust to more of a 'bling' mod than a performane mod.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2011, 10:04 AM   #7
Navin323i
Europrojektz East
United_States
Rep

OMG... what an amazing video!!!

Thanks for posting that! My 2 favorite ones after watching that video are the Meisterschaft one and the Eisenmann Race.

Which exhaust do you have on your M3?

Navin

Appreciate 0
      06-05-2011, 11:22 AM   #8
Cptn Mo 703
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: my feet

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Navin323i View Post
OMG... what an amazing video!!!

Thanks for posting that! My 2 favorite ones after watching that video are the Meisterschaft one and the Eisenmann Race.

Which exhaust do you have on your M3?

Navin
Navin if you like the meisterschaft what do you think about this lol

Appreciate 0
      06-05-2011, 11:25 AM   #9
richardbb85
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

eis or remus race

/thread
      06-05-2011, 12:54 PM   #10
MShao825
Go Terps!
Rep
Drives: 2009 SSII/FR E92 M3

Navin, we can meet up next weekend if you want to hear my Eisenmann Race. However, keep in mind that I have the Fabspeed x-pipe with HFC's setup too.
      06-05-2011, 02:02 PM   #11
Navin323i
Europrojektz East
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine View Post
I think tischer has it for 3,500, (not installed) IIRC. If he is getting it when he orders the car, it's not like a significant portion, it will just be like an option - DCT, ZCP, (spread across a payment or a % increase/sub a line item)

If you want to maintain some kind of bmw warranty with the exhaust system, it's a good route but there have been some threads regarding the quality of hte system, you way want to do a quick search "Beware of BMW Performance Exhaust"

I'm really divided on the justification for the performance exhaust, if you will be racing the car there are obviously better race tuned exhausts (not EPA legal for DD) ...If you are DD'ing, the stock exhaust is plenty loud, performance gains are minimal. Considering ROI with respect to performance gains, I would equate the bmw performance exhaust to more of a 'bling' mod than a performane mod.
Good point you made about me ordering it with the car as well as the warranty. I'll definitely look into the threads questioning the quality of them. The only thing I've heard is about how the finish on the tips prematurely gets messed up and how some folks here have removed that finish altogether on the tips.

Do you think the fact that the exhaust is made with inconel a good reason to get this exhaust?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cptn Mo 703 View Post
Navin if you like the meisterschaft what do you think about this lol

Sounds amazing, bro! I messaged you a while back by the way (not sure if you saw my message). I think you and I have the same DPE wheels... SL5?

Quote:
eis or remus race

/thread
Cool... what exhaust do you have on your M3, Richard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MShao825 View Post
Navin, we can meet up next weekend if you want to hear my Eisenmann Race. However, keep in mind that I have the Fabspeed x-pipe with HFC's setup too.
What's up bro! Unfortunately I won't be able to meet up with you since I'll be in Ocean City next weekend. When do you get back to Maryland? I'd be happy to meet up with you anytime during this week or next week if you're in town, bro. I definitely would enjoy hearing your exhaust.

Appreciate 0
      06-05-2011, 03:24 PM   #12
Cptn Mo 703
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
yea bro we had the same, are you going to try to get them to fit the e92?

Def. meet up with Mike, when i got my m3, he was kind enough to meet up with me to check out his car and showed me a lot of cool things about modding and what not.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2011, 03:44 PM   #13
MShao825
Go Terps!
Rep
Drives: 2009 SSII/FR E92 M3

Quote:
What's up bro! Unfortunately I won't be able to meet up with you since I'll be in Ocean City next weekend. When do you get back to Maryland? I'd be happy to meet up with you anytime during this week or next week if you're in town, bro. I definitely would enjoy hearing your exhaust.
I won't be back in Maryland until 10 or 11 on Friday night so maybe next time. Place that order for your car 1st man!

Quote:
Def. meet up with Mike, when i got my m3, he was kind enough to meet up with me to check out his car and showed me a lot of cool things about modding and what not.
You mean when you had your M3 for just a few days and had to show up in a 5 Series loaner
      06-05-2011, 03:57 PM   #14
Navin323i
Europrojektz East
United_States
Rep

Quote:
yea bro we had the same, are you going to try to get them to fit the e92?

LOL... my bad... I saw you answered my question a while back in the E92 MR thread... just saw it today.

Yeah, I'm sponsored by DPE so I'm going to have them convert the wheels to M3 fitment. Will definitely meet up with Mike. I consider myself very knowledgeable about E46 modding, but with the E92 M3 I'm still somewhat learning the ropes with all the various stuff that's out there.

Question for you... when I plan on upgrading my exhaust I would like to keep my cats... basically so I don't run any risk of failing Maryland Emissions testing. With the Meisterschaft, can I still keep my cats or will I need to buy the same/similar thing you got (Gintani pipe)?

Quote:
I won't be back in Maryland until 10 or 11 on Friday night so maybe next time. Place that order for your car 1st man!

You mean when you had your M3 for just a few days and had to show up in a 5 Series loaner
LOL... I'd love to place that order now but have to wait until early August... maybe by that time the special edition M3 might be available or maybe my car might be a 2012 model if it arrives in September or October.

Appreciate 0
      06-05-2011, 05:08 PM   #15
Cptn Mo 703
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
2 days to be exact at least i learned launch control lol

Quote:
LOL... my bad... I saw you answered my question a while back in the E92 MR thread... just saw it today.

Yeah, I'm sponsored by DPE so I'm going to have them convert the wheels to M3 fitment. Will definitely meet up with Mike. I consider myself very knowledgeable about E46 modding, but with the E92 M3 I'm still somewhat learning the ropes with all the various stuff that's out there.

Question for you... when I plan on upgrading my exhaust I would like to keep my cats... basically so I don't run any risk of failing Maryland Emissions testing. With the Meisterschaft, can I still keep my cats or will I need to buy the same/similar thing you got (Gintani pipe)?
lol its all good, thats a sweet hook up, do you deal with Manu? The m3 is pretty simple once you start modding cuz there isnt to much you can do to it compared to a 335i. As far as your exhaust goes, your stock exhaust is in 2 pieces. One piece has your primary cats, secondary cats and a set of resonators, and the other piece which is basically from your rear axle on back is just your muffler. You can get any exhaust (muffler) with out touching your primary cats. Some come with the connecting pipes (Gintani, Meisterschaft) where you can bolt on straight to the stock mid section, and others like the Eisennman come with optional connecting pipes where you can either choose to get those or cut your stock exhaust and bolt it on.

If you have any other questions just let me or Mike know.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2011, 07:14 PM   #16
richardbb85
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

i have the remus race
      06-05-2011, 08:23 PM   #17
Navin323i
Europrojektz East
United_States
Rep

Quote:
2 days to be exact at least i learned launch control lol

lol its all good, thats a sweet hook up, do you deal with Manu? The m3 is pretty simple once you start modding cuz there isnt to much you can do to it compared to a 335i. As far as your exhaust goes, your stock exhaust is in 2 pieces. One piece has your primary cats, secondary cats and a set of resonators, and the other piece which is basically from your rear axle on back is just your muffler. You can get any exhaust (muffler) with out touching your primary cats. Some come with the connecting pipes (Gintani, Meisterschaft) where you can bolt on straight to the stock mid section, and others like the Eisennman come with optional connecting pipes where you can either choose to get those or cut your stock exhaust and bolt it on.

If you have any other questions just let me or Mike know.
Thanks bro! I think you told me your name before but I can't remember... do tell me it again.

Yeah, I deal with Manu... he's also the head of Europrojektz (the show team I'm on)... great guy!

Are all BMW OEM exhaust setups like you mentioned? In other words I'm trying to recall if my E46 also has 2 parts in which one has the cats and resonator while the other part has the muffler and all. I have the Eisenmann High Performance Quad Exhaust on my 323i now (High Performance was the exhaust in between Race and Sport years back). One of the resonators has been replaced with the sound pipe that was included with my quad exhaust.

I've seen 2 terms for exhaust on here... full exhaust and slip on exhaust. Full exhaust I'm guessing is what my generation called a cat back exhaust while slip on is just from the rear axle to the exhaust tips?

So if I get the Meisterschaft then is it necessary to get the connecting pipe? Is the connecting pipe the same as your Gintani cross pipe? Again, my main concern is not failing emissions. I want an improvement in sound... don't necessarily care for horsepower gain since the M3 has more than enough to suit my horsepower needs, lol.

Navin

Appreciate 0
      06-05-2011, 08:27 PM   #18
Navin323i
Europrojektz East
United_States
Rep

Quote:
i have the remus race
Nice! That exhaust sounds great in the videos I've seen on here. Would love to hear yours in person sometime, bro.

I saw one of the stickied exhaust threads that said that the pricing for the Remus is like $1400 something... compared to the prices of the other exhausts, the Remus seems like a steal! Is that still the price as far as you know? Where did you buy yours from?

Appreciate 0
      06-05-2011, 09:45 PM   #19
Cptn Mo 703
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Thanks bro! I think you told me your name before but I can't remember... do tell me it again.

Yeah, I deal with Manu... he's also the head of Europrojektz (the show team I'm on)... great guy!

Are all BMW OEM exhaust setups like you mentioned? In other words I'm trying to recall if my E46 also has 2 parts in which one has the cats and resonator while the other part has the muffler and all. I have the Eisenmann High Performance Quad Exhaust on my 323i now (High Performance was the exhaust in between Race and Sport years back). One of the resonators has been replaced with the sound pipe that was included with my quad exhaust.

I've seen 2 terms for exhaust on here... full exhaust and slip on exhaust. Full exhaust I'm guessing is what my generation called a cat back exhaust while slip on is just from the rear axle to the exhaust tips?

So if I get the Meisterschaft then is it necessary to get the connecting pipe? Is the connecting pipe the same as your Gintani cross pipe? Again, my main concern is not failing emissions. I want an improvement in sound... don't necessarily care for horsepower gain since the M3 has more than enough to suit my horsepower needs, lol.

Navin
Its Mustafa lol

But Full exhaust system is from the headers on back. From there people can go catless, hfc's, resonators, no resonators it just depends on what you want to do. My miesterschaft had the connecting pipes already installed so i could clamp it right on to my stock xpipe and gintani xpipe when i got that. There is a miesterschaft exhaust that you have to buy the connecting pipes seperatly in that case you just connect them to the meisterschaft and connect it to your stock/aftermarket xpipe. If you don't get the connecting pipes you have to the the pipes right next to where your actual muffler is and just clamp it on to that.

Hopefully these pictures will help, i just did them so it may not be that clear.

Section 1 is where your stock exhaust or aftermarket exhaust (muffler) will be. From there it clamps on to the stock/aftermarket xpipe which is section 2 and both sets of your cats and resonators are located. If you buy a Gintani exhaust (just mufflers) all you have to replace is just section 1 in the white, and it clamps right on to the xpipe.

Let me know if you have anything else, ill try to draw it up a lil better.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-05-2011, 10:33 PM   #20
huyner328
Former N54 Fanatic
Rep
Drives: Slow

Garage List
I've heard a lot of exhausts and would have to say Remus Race is by far my favorite.
      06-05-2011, 11:53 PM   #21
richardbb85
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

i should be at the june 18 meet, u r welcome to check it out.

yes, can't beat remus for the price. i bought mine for 850 shipped with connecting pipes included, so i pretty much got it for a steal. keep your eyes at the FS thread!!!!
      06-06-2011, 10:08 AM   #22
J-9
Converting 93 octane to noise.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F85 X5M

I'd like to plug the Borla Cat-back:

http://youtu.be/-x7xxBXXKrE

Great V8 sound at a non-import price. Got mine at http://www.turnermotorsport.com .