BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

BPM

09-26-2020, 02:25 AM   #463
MFactory
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vybz View Post
I appreciate that, and it means a lot that you're willing to stand by your product. I'll take you up on your offer in the off season, when I put the car back on jack stands. It would be great if we could get to the bottom of this, and help out any others that are experiencing this issue.

I feel like it's also important to note that I am running a 4.10 final drive. Other than that though, it's definitely not improper torque as I'm VERY methodical about torque specs and all my torque wrenches have been recently calibrated. I could go under the car right now and each bolt head would still have marks from my paint pen. Didn't re-use any hardware it's all brand new, and my diff did not have balancing bolts. Subframe isn't damaged and has never been impacted by anything so I'm confident the pumpkin isn't misaligned.

I'll be done for the season around Nov/Dec, I'll follow up with you around that time frame! This testing would be done at the facility in California correct?
It would need to ship to our TW facility, as there is where our balancing/test equipment is. I can provide a return shipping label if you don't have access to a commercial UPS account (retail is extortionate)
Appreciate 1
      09-26-2020, 03:39 AM   #464
MFactory
Major
United_States
Rep

Quick question. For those who are experiencing vibration issues, do you have an MT or DCT?
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2020, 04:09 AM   #465
wyatth
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90 ZCP

@Vybz with 4.10s is certainly a 6MT and @JetBlack_M3 said he is 6MT too.
Appreciate 1
slcook541863.00
      09-26-2020, 11:19 AM   #466
JetBlack_M3
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW M3 E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFactory View Post
Quick question. For those who are experiencing vibration issues, do you have an MT or DCT?
6MT, solid subframe mounts, solid/delrin diff mounts
      09-26-2020, 01:26 PM   #467
Vybz
Captain
Jamaica
Rep
Drives: Adidas and Puma

Garage List
2012 BMW M3  [8.60]
Quote:
As Wyatt said I'm MT (thank you Wyatt! ) and yes I'll definitely take you up on the return shipping label when the time comes. I'll message you about the shipping label when I start taking the car apart, which again will be late November, early December.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2020, 04:51 AM   #468
MFactory
Major
United_States
Rep

No worries. I want to get to the bottom of this issue as much as you guys do
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2020, 05:23 AM   #469
MFactory
Major
United_States
Rep

P.S I just subscribed to be an official Vendor on m3post there (long overdue) and waiting for the admin to associate/update my account.

So no more going back-and-forth between m3post and e90post threads, and I can now directly answer/reply to any sales-related questions here
Appreciate 6
wyatth3548.50
rhyary1563.00
6ixSpd6015.50
Silos555.50
      09-29-2020, 08:54 AM   #470
MFactory
Major
United_States
Rep

Official GB thread has been posted up: https://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?p=26741221
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2020, 09:09 AM   #471
rhyary
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3

To all interested in Mfactory CF and want it NOW:

I have brand new MFactory DCT Gen-1 spare in original box. If someone wants it now, you can have it, as long as I can be reassured that MFactory will send me a replacement when available. Of course the interested driver will have to be paying all MFactory fees and you will be responsible for paying shipping to you.

I have currently Gen-1 on my car and very happy with it. Please note that if you want my spare now, you will be getting Gen-1 and I will be getting Gen-2 as my spare.

So please decides if this worth it before starting the process.

I am not even sure how this will actually work, but if someone need a CF now, it is an option to investigate.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2020, 09:19 AM   #472
DRLane
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 m3  [6.63]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhyary View Post

I have brand new MFactory DCT Gen-1 spare in original box. If someone wants it now, you can have it, as long as I can be reassured that MFactory will send me a replacement when available. Of course the interested driver will have to be paying all MFactory fees and you will be responsible for paying shipping to you.

I have currently Gen-1 on my car and very happy with it. Please note that if you want my spare now, you will be getting Gen-1 and I will be getting Gen-2 as my spare.

I am not even sure how this will actually work, but if someone need a CF now, it is an option to investigate.
This isn't very clear. Probably best to create an actual BST post with pictures, asking price, etc.
      09-29-2020, 10:41 AM   #473
rhyary
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRLane View Post
Quote:

This isn't very clear. Probably best to create an actual BST post with pictures, asking price, etc.
You are right. I made it too complicated.

Here is simple.

I have a MFactory Gen-1 CF DS NIB as spare available immediately. If someone interested to have one now, contact me via PM.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2020, 12:51 PM   #474
GORDON.M3
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 • F25 X3 M-Sport

Quote:

I also have a Gen1. Is Mfactory giving out replacements?
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2020, 12:57 PM   #475
MFactory
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON.M3 View Post
We are not, no. What I "think" he means is, if someone is wanting a driveshaft immediately, they can have it in exchange for helping them order one from the group buy (i.e he doesn't need to pay. It is the buyer that pays)
Appreciate 3
SYT_Shadow11490.00
GORDON.M31422.50
      09-29-2020, 02:30 PM   #476
gte869h
Upgraded from e46fanatics
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW M3 6MT ZCP

Just reading some of these posts and not to take away from anyone elses experience. I will say that I’ve had excellent results with the GEN2 driveshaft and was part of the original group buy. I’m 6MT with stroker and have had the car to 180mph with no issues on stock ratio diff. Manual shifts became much cleaner after install. Thank you MFactory! Next up will be installing a 4.10 wavetrac diff to finish off the driveline.
Appreciate 3
      09-29-2020, 03:14 PM   #477
rhyary
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON.M3 View Post
We are not, no. What I "think" he means is, if someone is wanting a driveshaft immediately, they can have it in exchange for helping them order one from the group buy (i.e he doesn't need to pay. It is the buyer that pays)
Correct.
Either way I want a spare but willing to help someone with timing because my season in the north east is coming to a close and the car hibernate until end of March. So I don't need a spare during the winter months.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2020, 10:57 AM   #478
serranot
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 6MT

Garage List
2011 BMW E90 M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gte869h View Post
Just reading some of these posts and not to take away from anyone elses experience. I will say that I’ve had excellent results with the GEN2 driveshaft and was part of the original group buy. I’m 6MT with stroker and have had the car to 180mph with no issues on stock ratio diff. Manual shifts became much cleaner after install. Thank you MFactory! Next up will be installing a 4.10 wavetrac diff to finish off the driveline.
I have 6MT also. I noted some resonance at certain speeds, but I have had the car up to 140 with no actual vibration.

I agree. With the DS and the AutoSolutions shift kit, shifts are noticeably easier and more satisfying.
Appreciate 1
MFactory580.50
      09-30-2020, 11:41 AM   #479
Embolus*M3
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by serranot View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by gte869h View Post
Just reading some of these posts and not to take away from anyone elses experience. I will say that I've had excellent results with the GEN2 driveshaft and was part of the original group buy. I'm 6MT with stroker and have had the car to 180mph with no issues on stock ratio diff. Manual shifts became much cleaner after install. Thank you MFactory! Next up will be installing a 4.10 wavetrac diff to finish off the driveline.
I have 6MT also. I noted some resonance at certain speeds, but I have had the car up to 140 with no actual vibration.

I agree. With the DS and the AutoSolutions shift kit, shifts are noticeably easier and more satisfying.
I have the AS and will likely add the DS in the near future.

In what regards is the AS and DS better when paired together?

-Shifts more smooth? Not that the AS was not smooth to begin with. Is there even more direct movement within the gates when rowing into each gear? No changes with play in the shifter after the DS?
-What changed did you notice to the clutch feel? Less heavy? More heavy? Less clunk feeling? Engagement into gear itself feels more smooth now?

Would love feedback! Thanks!

2011 E92 M3
Jerez Black | Extended FR | BBS LMR | Brembo | Eventuri | Michelin P4S | IND | BPM | RKP | Varis
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2020, 10:26 AM   #480
serranot
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW E90 M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Embolus*M3 View Post

-Shifts more smooth? Not that the AS was not smooth to begin with. Is there even more direct movement within the gates when rowing into each gear? No changes with play in the shifter after the DS?
-What changed did you notice to the clutch feel? Less heavy? More heavy? Less clunk feeling? Engagement into gear itself feels more smooth now?

The clutch feel, as in weight, is the same. Nothing with the DS or AS changes that.

It seems as though the reduction in rotating mass just makes the shifts more positive, lightish. I don't know why that is. And I realize it is not necessarily quantifiable and truly a seat-of-the-pants conclusion.

I had a bit of back-and-forth with M-Factory over the resonance. I finally concluded that I am perhaps more sentsitive to NVH than perhaps others. Even door seal squeaks or trim rattles send me high and left, so the low frequency rumble that I now get between 60-70 was a bit disconcerting. But it is definitely not vibration. I attribute it to the material and the length of the shaft just setting up a harmonic at that rotational speed.
Appreciate 2
      10-01-2020, 12:47 PM   #481
Embolus*M3
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by serranot View Post
Quote:

The clutch feel, as in weight, is the same. Nothing with the DS or AS changes that.

It seems as though the reduction in rotating mass just makes the shifts more positive, lightish. I don't know why that is. And I realize it is not necessarily quantifiable and truly a seat-of-the-pants conclusion.

I had a bit of back-and-forth with M-Factory over the resonance. I finally concluded that I am perhaps more sentsitive to NVH than perhaps others. Even door seal squeaks or trim rattles send me high and left, so the low frequency rumble that I now get between 60-70 was a bit disconcerting. But it is definitely not vibration. I attribute it to the material and the length of the shaft just setting up a harmonic at that rotational speed.
Thanks for the feedback.

So if anything less effort is needed when engaging into each gear...but not a substantial amount you'd say I guess?

Maybe moreso a subtle difference and you'd only really notice it if you have driven an AS shifter for awhile and know how it feels on the car.

2011 E92 M3
Jerez Black | Extended FR | BBS LMR | Brembo | Eventuri | Michelin P4S | IND | BPM | RKP | Varis
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2020, 01:51 PM   #482
serranot
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW E90 M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Thanks for the feedback.

So if anything less effort is needed when engaging into each gear...but not a substantial amount you'd say I guess?

Maybe moreso a subtle difference and you'd only really notice it if you have driven an AS shifter for awhile and know how it feels on the car.
Correct. I had both mods at once. The AS shifter makes everything feel more precise, but not necessarily lighter.

I would say a noticeable amount. But no, it's not an S2000 gearbox.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2020, 07:51 AM   #483
serranot
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW E90 M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Thanks for the feedback.

I would not say less effort necessarily. But it's deceiving because it feels so much more precise and direct that the perception is that of easier. Some have said, and I would agree, that it is now like a fine rifle bolt. Just very mechanically precise and tight. No slop, no rubbery feel, no imprecision. It's just really direct. So it feels much much easier, though the force required to engage the gears is probably the same or perhaps a little higher in reality.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2021, 12:00 AM   #484
SYDAUSM3E92ZCP
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M3 E92 ZCP

Has anyone noticed any irregularity with engine revs in low gears at low speeds? I have Gen 2 and DCT. Now and then I get slight over-revving and then it seems to correct itself.
Appreciate 0