BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > M-Flight

Mporium BMW

10-25-2011, 03:48 AM   #45
eeghie
Kind of a big deal
Rep
Drives: an 1M not often enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paardshoofd View Post
Would like to know from BMWForever whether it's still not possible to get details from the Austrian company where they reprogrammed his car.

As for the changes of my car:
- dimmed operation of headlight indicators cancelled through resistor network; no new headlights (would have been expensive since I have the adaptive headlights) ...
Would you perhaps have a definition of what's needed for EU import of a US car that has adaptive Xenon lights. R U saying that the headlight units do not need to be changed out? Is the dimmed operation of the headlights indicators the only essential requirement for a positive EU technical inspection (ie OK from TUV/RDW dudes)? What kind of resistor network did you use, self made, Aftermarket or OEM, ...?

THX
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2011, 07:51 AM   #46
Hulivili
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 328xi coupé

The trouble with the "orange front"...

Hi, I have a 2007 E92 from Canada and I'm in the middle of the US to EU spec-hassle.

I already ordered 2.hand frontlights but I was wondering about "all the orange" in the front - it is just not the corner light that is orange. The front indicator light is also orange continuously...does the car have to be reprogrammed in order to shut down the "continuous orange" in the indicators..??
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2011, 09:46 PM   #47
Slalom
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 04 Z4, 18 X3 M40i

Garage List
2004 Z4  [0.00]
2018 BMW X3 M40i  [10.00]
I have a Canadian specification 2012 M3. The Swiss technical inspection folks gave me a pass with the amber front markers. They did the same for the rear fog lamps but strongly suggested that I get that fixed (I will follow the instructions posted on this board).

The radio is more of a puzzle but a coding whiz on the board is looking into whether that is just a software fix.

For the BMW Assist I have heard two answers. One is that there is missing hardware on US Spec cars (not sure of that is true for Canadian) and the other is that it is a matter of changing the GSM SIM card. I should know early in the new year.

The garage door opener is not that important to me. Apparently frequencies are different. I am not sure that the one for my apartment would even work on the Euro Spec mirror. I will just keep my remote in the door pocket.

I will be swapping out the ugly sun visors for non-nanny state ones.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2012, 02:39 AM   #48
Slalom
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 04 Z4, 18 X3 M40i

Garage List
2004 Z4  [0.00]
2018 BMW X3 M40i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slalom View Post
I have a Canadian specification 2012 M3. The Swiss technical inspection folks gave me a pass with the amber front markers. They did the same for the rear fog lamps but strongly suggested that I get that fixed (I will follow the instructions posted on this board).

The radio is more of a puzzle but a coding whiz on the board is looking into whether that is just a software fix.

For the BMW Assist I have heard two answers. One is that there is missing hardware on US Spec cars (not sure of that is true for Canadian) and the other is that it is a matter of changing the GSM SIM card. I should know early in the new year.

The garage door opener is not that important to me. Apparently frequencies are different. I am not sure that the one for my apartment would even work on the Euro Spec mirror. I will just keep my remote in the door pocket.

I will be swapping out the ugly sun visors for non-nanny state ones.
UPDATE:

I did the sun visors - cloth without warning stickers. Mike did the coding yesterday. The radio now works on Euro frequencies, unexpectedly the FM/AM selector then becomes another user configurable button. Mike did a few other coding changes.

Next week my rear fog enabled switch should be in. After that, the European front bumper with PDC on (no ugly amber reflectors!).

Today my car are I are planning a run up to Germany, Mike informed me that I had only done 174 km/h.

Mike was great to deal with and was able to make adjustments that BMW could not / would not do. An invaluable service for those of us who are over here.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2012, 06:04 AM   #49
Cyclone Chris
US Air Force. HUAP.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 SG M3 ZCP / DCT

What are the Part numbers for these items?

I'm gonna need a Euro Switch with only the rear fog button, and the outer LCI tail lights with Amber Blinkers/Indicators to make my 2013 M3 pass in the UK.

I'll be in Germany for the next month and a half, so I'm hoping I can pick these up from a good dealership while there and give them to the dealer to install once my car arrived in Nov.

Does anyone know if you can do a factory tour to watch your own car being built in Germany?

2005 Pontiac GTO - 6Spd - 445 RWHP/415 RWTQ - SOLD
2013 BMW M3 Coupe - /// Competition Pkg /// Premium Pkg /// Dual Clutch Transmission /// BMW Apps /// Heated Seats ///
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2012, 12:30 AM   #50
K.M. Tim
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 ZCP 6MT

Garage List
2011 M3  [2.00]
2012 BMW F30 w/ M S ...  [0.00]
I'm an American living in Sittard, NL. There are threads that explain what to convert. The taxes are what will kill you. I had some work done at Echt BMW and they had no problem working on my software.
      08-06-2014, 03:50 PM   #51
K.M. Tim
First Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2011 M3  [2.00]
I'm located in Schinnen, NL are you close by?
      08-17-2014, 09:42 AM   #52
K.M. Tim
First Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2011 M3  [2.00]
If you plan on importing to The Netherlands, check the RDW website:

http://www.rdw.nl/englishinformation...s/default.aspx

You need to have at least one rear fog light (easy mod) and have you headlights checked by an APK approved inspector. No issues with M3 E92. The red/yellow turn signals in the rear are OK and yellow or white in front are OK.

Taxes on the other hand= good luck, I'll follow up this week. It think this will be a little more expensive.