BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

European Auto Source (EAS)

11-24-2008, 04:48 AM   #1
JIO
Captain
Rep
Drives: '09 Space Gray E92 M3 w/DCT

BMW Search (Google Search)

For those with 2009's who bought the Convenience Package, does your BMW Search work?

Mine tries to hook up and then it stops and says: No available, please try again later. It hasn't hooked up yet after 3 weeks of ownership.

I did talk to a person in GA, and his started working a few days ago.

Help...any and all?
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2008, 10:28 AM   #2
newtom3
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW M3 Coupe

not familiar with BMW Search.... I have the C package, but no clue as to what you're referring to... can you provide a few more hints... is this using the Internet access service ?
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2008, 06:46 PM   #3
JIO
Captain
Rep
Drives: '09 Space Gray E92 M3 w/DCT

If you go to your BMW Assist, you will see one of the choices as "BMW Search". You can click on it and it will hook-up basically to a simple form of Google Search. Once connected you need to hit the options button (back of iDrive controller...right button) and you'll get a menu where you can search for restaurants, places of interest, etc. Once it finds what you are looking for, you can transfer it to the navigation. Cool feature...If only it worked on my car.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2008, 09:43 PM   #4
newtom3
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW M3 Coupe

oh, got it... yes, I did use that. Basically it is querying an offline database in your cars HDD, since I do NOT have the internet service on my car. It worked fine... it was a bit retarded though, as here was my experience. I wanted to find a fast food restaurant... I set up the search, and the nearest FF place it found was like 75 miles away... there as McD's just one mile ahead in fact. When I selected all restaurants, then it found the McDs. Fine I can deal with that hack.

But then it found all the restaurants behind me... why can't it tell what direction on the freeway I am going and give me all the places AHEAD of me... that's like alot more valuable. In fact, it was giving me both, in order of closeness... turns out all the closer places were behind me, attm, and the places ahead were miles away yet. So it does work OK... I had a bit of an unresolved problem adding a restaurant as a intermediate stop on the route.... it did add the restaurant, but then I didn't seem to be able to see my final destination preserved and under guidance.

So it does work fine for me... do you have the google maps sent to your car working?
Appreciate 0