BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

European Auto Source (EAS)

04-02-2019, 11:01 AM   #1
buldogge
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '00 MCoupe, '11 E90 M3

eBay AL Subframe Bushings...

Hey guys...Has anyone purchased AL solid subframe bushings off any of the eBay vendors? The pricing isn't that different from Turner/etc....maybe $30 savings...but...I have an eBay credit voucher burning a hole in my pocket.

Realistically, these companies (company?) probably bought some OE bushings or Turners/etc. and simply copied them...so, shouldn't be any issues....but, just wondering if anyone had any direct experience with them.

I would just buy some OE bushings and turn some out, but by that point I've almost paid for those AL ones, and no one is gonna want to buy the OE bushings off of me!

Alternatively if anyone can take accurate measurements of some NIB bushings...that would be extra special!!

TIA
-Mark in St. Louis
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2019, 11:26 AM   #2
SAMM3Y
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 m3

I was just looking at those last night, they look the part and claim to be precision bush. They'll be made in China, looks like they've sold a few though. No product support will be included but I'm pretty sure all product warranty on any brand will be denied if it's been installed by an amateur. I'm more leaning towards the powerflex black poly bush though, I have some of it on my car already and some purple, I've been happy with it. Poly bush just needs to be serviced after a few years can get squeaky, but if you grease it properly upon installation you shouldn't have to be concerned. Good luck
      04-02-2019, 11:31 AM   #3
buldogge
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Yeah...As long as someone can read a mic, and program the CNC correctly/accurately, these things are pretty simple.

I'll probably just buy some, turn some out for myself, and sell these along for a discount...

-Mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMM3Y View Post
I was just looking at those last night, they look the part and claim to be precision bush. They'll be made in China, looks like they've sold a few though. No product support will be included but I'm pretty sure all product warranty on any brand will be denied if it's been installed by an amateur. I'm more leaning towards the powerflex black poly bush though, I have some of it on my car already and some purple, I've been happy with it. Poly bush just needs to be serviced after a few years can get squeaky, but if you grease it properly upon installation you shouldn't have to be concerned. Good luck
Appreciate 1
      04-02-2019, 10:34 PM   #4
amrazM
mTekMods
United_States
Rep
Drives: like a granny.

Having a shop drop the subframe and tie up a lift only to have bushings that don’t fit properly is not worth the savings. Akg or MRF is the way to go.

G-Power Supercharged
First DCT to Manual Conversion Worldwide
KW CS, BBS RI-A, BW Headers, Snow 2.5
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2019, 09:20 AM   #5
buldogge
Second Lieutenant
Rep

That would be right...if I didn't have my own workshop with lift and machinery.

Like I said...If I had the dims, I would just turn some out myself.

TA
-Mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by amrazM View Post
Having a shop drop the subframe and tie up a lift only to have bushings that don’t fit properly is not worth the savings. Akg or MRF is the way to go.
Appreciate 1
gmx166.00
      04-04-2019, 01:26 AM   #6
GORDON.M3
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 • F25 X3 M-Sport

If the bushings were easy to swap DIY then yes its worth the hassle, if not then I would be worried about fitment issues. By the time you save a few bucks it might not be worth it if you are getting a shop to install it.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2019, 01:14 PM   #7
MasterP
Colonel
Rep
Drives: All the M's

Quote:
Originally Posted by buldogge View Post
Hey guys...Has anyone purchased AL solid subframe bushings off any of the eBay vendors? The pricing isn't that different from Turner/etc....maybe $30 savings...but...I have an eBay credit voucher burning a hole in my pocket.

Realistically, these companies (company?) probably bought some OE bushings or Turners/etc. and simply copied them...so, shouldn't be any issues....but, just wondering if anyone had any direct experience with them.

I would just buy some OE bushings and turn some out, but by that point I've almost paid for those AL ones, and no one is gonna want to buy the OE bushings off of me!

Alternatively if anyone can take accurate measurements of some NIB bushings...that would be extra special!!

TIA
-Mark in St. Louis

I have lightly used Macht Schnell Subframe bushings for sale. They were used on a show car where the longest mod list gets more points kinda thing. The solid aluminum ones. I'll willing to run them through ebay so you can use your voucher. LMK.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2019, 10:31 AM   #8
E92M3GA
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

I have used the Ebay aluminum subframe bushings and they fit perfectly, no issues at all. I bought them one day when there was a 15 or 20% off coupon.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2019, 11:48 PM   #9
GORDON.M3
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 • F25 X3 M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by E92M3GA View Post
I have used the Ebay aluminum subframe bushings and they fit perfectly, no issues at all. I bought them one day when there was a 15 or 20% off coupon.
You have a link to the ones you purchase?
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2019, 08:56 AM   #10
gerikivan
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3 Coupe, E82 135i

actually i just bought one to on ebay for 200.. try to give them offer for 200 and they just might give it to you for that price ... i havent installed mine because i dont have a press.. if you read the subframe bushing diy guide he needed a 12 ton press to install it or maybe if you got access to a liquid nitrogen you can try that methid
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2020, 04:28 AM   #11
Atomicteal_M3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 AW

Garage List
2007 335i  [9.00]
So what is the consensus here? Are the EBay Aluminum subframe bushings legit? I have a friend interested in purchasing a set.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2020, 05:43 AM   #12
wyatth
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90 ZCP

For the labor involved - shop or DIY - I just can’t see why one would go with an unknown vendor/product to save a couple of bucks. So many things on eBay, surely you can find something else you need.
Appreciate 1
      01-09-2020, 06:38 AM   #13
amrazM
mTekMods
United_States
Rep
Drives: like a granny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLKLYZ View Post
So what is the consensus here? Are the EBay Aluminum subframe bushings legit? I have a friend interested in purchasing a set.
Just buy a known brand, AKG.

G-Power Supercharged
First DCT to Manual Conversion Worldwide
KW CS, BBS RI-A, BW Headers, Snow 2.5
Appreciate 1
      01-09-2020, 07:12 PM   #14
gmx
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: VO 1M

Quote:

TA
-Mark
Seen PLM mounts go in without a fuss. In fact, they look exactly the same down to the lips...
250USD, are you seeing cheaper on ebay?
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2020, 09:10 PM   #15
Atomicteal_M3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 AW

Garage List
2007 335i  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmx View Post
Quote:

TA
-Mark
Seen PLM mounts go in without a fuss. In fact, they look exactly the same down to the lips...
250USD, are you seeing cheaper on ebay?
Are these what you are referring to these?

https://www.privatelabelmfg.com/prod...f-bs-b-e9x.htm
      01-09-2020, 09:50 PM   #16
gmx
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: VO 1M

Yes, see sample of them installed here:
https://www.1addicts.com/forums/show...302309&page=15
Appreciate 1