BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

09-26-2019, 05:17 PM   #1
rated_m3
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW E92 M3 ZCP

Apex race parts keeps delaying ARC-8 wheels!

I've been waiting for my ARC-8 hyper-silver 19x10 et 25 wheels since early July now and at first they said it was in stock. As soon as I ordered them the date got pushed back to August. Now they're pushed to mid September. On the Apex website it says the hyper silver wheels are coming mid September and black and anthracite are coming early October.

Dillon told me last week that the hyper-silver wheels are coming last week of September and I should get them before the end of September. Dillon said the painting for the hyper-silver just got done. However, I just spoke to Jake via email and now the hyper silver wheels are pushed back to November and the Black/Anthracite wheels are coming early October. "They're in the middle of production." Max confirmed for me that the hyper silver finish should be done this week and they were having an issue with production for this specific finish and the 19s were affected. There are 25 back orders placed for these wheels. Also, there factory is in China and it will take another 30-60 days for the wheels to come. So they will be coming in mid November most likely.

Apex race parts can't give me a straight answer and even though they're helpful about keeping me in the loop, I'm beginning to get frustrated. I'm aware that others were having a similar issue back in December 2018-January 2019 where the wheels kept being delayed and someone made a post about it on 1Maddicts. Waiting possibly 5 months for these wheels is too long. Does anybody know any other wheels with a similar offset that I can buy?

Last edited by rated_m3; 09-26-2019 at 05:37 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2019, 06:13 PM   #2
BayE30
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.75 E90 M3 ZCP

OEM STYLE 359 (ZCP WHEELS) in the rear are 19x10 et25. i am running them square, love them.
      09-26-2019, 06:30 PM   #3
DRLane
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
2008 m3  [6.63]
Bimmerworld TA16 - Supposed to be awesome forged wheels and similarly priced!
      09-26-2019, 08:20 PM   #4
amrazM
mTekMods
United_States
Rep
Drives: like a granny.

I hate APEX race parts service.
Appreciate 1
IanMan384.00
      09-26-2019, 08:48 PM   #5
pbonsalb
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 18 F90 M5, 99 E36 M3 Turbo

I have bought 3 sets of wheels from Apex over the past 10 years and never had an issue.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2019, 03:50 PM   #6
BeaterM3
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 335XI (sold)/E92 M3 (sold)

Garage List
2010 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by willsa View Post
I've been waiting for my ARC-8 hyper-silver 19x10 et 25 wheels since early July now and at first they said it was in stock. As soon as I ordered them the date got pushed back to August. Now they're pushed to mid September. On the Apex website it says the hyper silver wheels are coming mid September and black and anthracite are coming early October.

Dillon told me last week that the hyper-silver wheels are coming last week of September and I should get them before the end of September. Dillon said the painting for the hyper-silver just got done. However, I just spoke to Jake via email and now the hyper silver wheels are pushed back to November and the Black/Anthracite wheels are coming early October. "They're in the middle of production." Max confirmed for me that the hyper silver finish should be done this week and they were having an issue with production for this specific finish and the 19s were affected. There are 25 back orders placed for these wheels. Also, there factory is in China and it will take another 30-60 days for the wheels to come. So they will be coming in mid November most likely.

Apex race parts can't give me a straight answer and even though they're helpful about keeping me in the loop, I'm beginning to get frustrated. I'm aware that others were having a similar issue back in December 2018-January 2019 where the wheels kept being delayed and someone made a post about it on 1Maddicts. Waiting possibly 5 months for these wheels is too long. Does anybody know any other wheels with a similar offset that I can buy?
Are you buying straight from Apex? Can you find these wheels carried at other vendors? I was able to save probably close to $200 by purchasing my ARC-8s from other vendors.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2019, 03:57 AM   #7
rated_m3
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by revengeismine View Post
Are you buying straight from Apex? Can you find these wheels carried at other vendors? I was able to save probably close to $200 by purchasing my ARC-8s from other vendors.
I actually bought them through ECS tuning. Sadly, this spec wheel is completely out of stock everywhere so APEX needs to manufacture it.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2019, 08:39 PM   #8
ApexWheels
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: M3

Hi Will,

Customer service is very important to us here at APEX, and we appreciate your feedback.

Your experience has unfortunately been poor as result of an ETA that has changed multiple times. As car enthusiasts we know how that feels, and it sucks. We’re extremely sensitive to production delays, and while they can’t be completely avoided, our team is working very hard to improve our processes so that when they do occur, the impact to our customers is kept to a minimum. For a few months now we’ve been trying to manage a surprise production delay that affected select units. The root cause of this problem was out of our control, and primarily affected our “Hyper” finishes which require a multi-stage paint process. Originally the delay was to be brief, however, the problem proceeded and our ETA was pushed back several times. At this time the issue has been resolved and production is ramping back up to full steam.

I personally looked into your order this afternoon, and I can see that your wheels are in transport as we speak. Unless a ship sinks, or the port goes on strike, your wheels will depart from our CA warehouse in early November.

The multiple delays that you experienced are not indicative of our typical customer experience as we stock thousands of BMW wheels on the shelves. We’re very sorry your experience with us had to be under these circumstances. We pride ourselves on our customer service, and we did not meet our own standards in this situation. Your feedback and what happened here will continue to serve as an example of what needs to be improved.

We appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

Matt C.
BMW Brand Manager
      10-04-2019, 06:46 PM   #9
rated_m3
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexRaceParts View Post
Hi Will,

Customer service is very important to us here at APEX, and we appreciate your feedback.

Your experience has unfortunately been poor as result of an ETA that has changed multiple times. As car enthusiasts we know how that feels, and it sucks. We’re extremely sensitive to production delays, and while they can’t be completely avoided, our team is working very hard to improve our processes so that when they do occur, the impact to our customers is kept to a minimum. For a few months now we’ve been trying to manage a surprise production delay that affected select units. The root cause of this problem was out of our control, and primarily affected our “Hyper” finishes which require a multi-stage paint process. Originally the delay was to be brief, however, the problem proceeded and our ETA was pushed back several times. At this time the issue has been resolved and production is ramping back up to full steam.

I personally looked into your order this afternoon, and I can see that your wheels are in transport as we speak. Unless a ship sinks, or the port goes on strike, your wheels will depart from our CA warehouse in early November.

The multiple delays that you experienced are not indicative of our typical customer experience as we stock thousands of BMW wheels on the shelves. We’re very sorry your experience with us had to be under these circumstances. We pride ourselves on our customer service, and we did not meet our own standards in this situation. Your feedback and what happened here will continue to serve as an example of what needs to be improved.

We appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

Matt C.
BMW Brand Manager
Thanks Matt. I’ll just wait for the wheels then. Can’t bring myself to buy anything else anyways.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2019, 01:12 PM   #10
rated_m3
Private
Rep

Been a while but got my rims very soon after I posted this and they look great. Worth the wait. Here are some pics
Attached Images

Last edited by rated_m3; 12-22-2019 at 01:21 PM..
Appreciate 1
      12-22-2019, 02:17 PM   #11
NQRDDS
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Been a while but got my rims very soon after I posted this and they look great. Worth the wait. Here are some pics
That looks like CSUN campus , wheels look great!
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2019, 12:07 AM   #12
Matthew_M3
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW M3 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by NQRDDS View Post
That looks like CSUN campus , wheels look great!
Nice to see other CSUN people with M3s too, wheels look great
Appreciate 1
NQRDDS53.50
      12-23-2019, 06:27 AM   #13
Megabrode
He's experimenting with something...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 e92 M3

Those wheels look fabulous with your color. Perfect.
Analog 2011 e92 M3 | Jerez Black | Black Novillo | 6MT | CF roof | No iDrive, Nav, M button, ZCP, EDC, or center hump | ZHP shift knob | OMP 1010 pedals | K&N filter | Dinan engine tune | OEM exhaust mod (bypass) | EAS exhaust tips | shaved front bumper | 19" Apex EC-7 | 12 mm rear spacers
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2019, 12:44 PM   #14
Justin@autocouture
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: BMW

Quote:
Looks sick!
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2019, 11:44 AM   #15
scrammer
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3 Ultimate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megabrode View Post
Those wheels look fabulous with your color. Perfect.
Tire spec?

Current ///M: 2017 M3 Ultimate
Past ///M Cars: E92 M3 ZCP 'CDN LRP' … E85 Z4M-R ... E92 M3 ZCP Frozen ... E90 M3 ... E46 M3 Cab ... E46 M3 ZCP ... E46 M3
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2020, 10:42 AM   #16
rated_m3
Private
Rep

Appreciate all the love! I'm running 275/30/19 front and 295/30/19 rear.
Appreciate 0