BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

EXXEL Distributions

09-22-2018, 09:45 PM   #1
mrdoja
Private
Rep
Drives: E92 6MT Alpine White Fox Red

Shot in the dark - 08 E92 NY/NJ Previous owner help ??

Hello all - I purchased an 08 E92 6MT Alpine white / Fox red interior from a dealer in North Jersey last week - 65k miles. I dropped the exhaust to get the OEM mod and noticed it was already done - ACM mod. I am planning on doing the rod bearings...but before i do am curious if anyone on this forum knows of, or is, the previous owner of this car and can let me know if rod bearings were replaced (no manual or receipts - only a car fax report showing maintenance). The dealer said the guy traded it in for another M3, black E90 he had on his lot lol... The car is mint - so any help out there would be appreciated! I plan to call ACM Monday to see if they can help - if the guy had bearings done it would have most likely been there...
TIA,
Doug
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2018, 07:37 AM   #2
Mvy
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E93 M3

Another shot in the dark idea for you. A lot of people who change bearings get oil analysis. Maybe reach out to Blackstone to see if there is a history on your VIN. People often tell Blackstone that they got new bearings and are checking as a result, or that they are looking for bearing wear.

Harrop Supercharger, BPM Tune, K/W Coil over kit, Stoptek BBK, Magnaflow exhaust, ear to ear grin everytime I drive...
Appreciate 3
scrammer421.50
NoHedge67.50
      09-23-2018, 10:35 AM   #3
mrdoja
Private
Rep
Drives: E92 6MT Alpine White Fox Red

Thanks MVY - will give them a call tomorrow as well!
Doug
Appreciate 0