BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - California

BPM

01-14-2013, 03:41 PM   #45
M3PO
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '08 IB E92

I'll add a counter to the OP's experience. I was driving to SD and had the cruise set on 80. Going through Carlsbad, a CHP drove right past me at ~85-90. It didn't seem like he wasn't interested just because he had something more important to do.
      01-14-2013, 11:11 PM   #46
SDPRT
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 M3 Space Gray/MT

Garage List
2008 BMW M3 e92  [0.00]
The "First of the month" is just a myth. Cops write tickets on their down time between arresting the guy who broke into your house and the guy who just beat his wife.
      01-18-2013, 09:01 PM   #47
analyze
Rep
Drives: None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucewonder View Post
i was fined at LAX for no front plate while my car was parked....was PARKED. I walked around n every car with no fron plate had a tix wtf
When I lived in West LA about 8-9 years ago, I got two tickets in one day for no front plate. The first was when I was parked outside of my apartment. I received second one a couple hours later parked at a meter in Westwood. I believe meter-readers have the power to ticket for no front plate also.

Luckily, I was only required to pay for one of the tickets, but it was still a PITA to clear the violation.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2013, 09:49 PM   #48
Vic311
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 e92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by analyze View Post
When I lived in West LA about 8-9 years ago, I got two tickets in one day for no front plate. The first was when I was parked outside of my apartment. I received second one a couple hours later parked at a meter in Westwood. I believe meter-readers have the power to ticket for no front plate also.

Luckily, I was only required to pay for one of the tickets, but it was still a PITA to clear the violation.
Paying the ticket..clears the violation.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2013, 05:11 AM   #49
sensi09
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by analyze View Post

Around LA and westwood is horrible for no front plate tickets. I wouldn't definitely have a front plate if I lived around the area.
Appreciate 0