BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

EXXEL Distributions

09-17-2022, 08:15 AM   #1
Rubz123
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmw E90 316I 2006

Exclamation Crancks, no start. Help asap!

Hello
I have an E90 316I 2006.
We were trying to connect a subwoofer in the back, while we did this we took out the original stereo in the front. We took of the cabels but not the battery. After this, it did not start. It crancks and sounds like its about to start, but nothing.
We did connect the cabels to the stereo back in before trying to start. Anyone got any idea? Could not find ant fault codes, new spark plugs, all fuses good, tried jumpstarting.
Appreciate 1
DrFerry6728.50
      11-06-2022, 02:41 AM   #2
Binary420
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3 DCT

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [9.33]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubz123 View Post
Hello
I have an E90 316I 2006.
We were trying to connect a subwoofer in the back, while we did this we took out the original stereo in the front. We took of the cabels but not the battery. After this, it did not start. It crancks and sounds like its about to start, but nothing.
We did connect the cabels to the stereo back in before trying to start. Anyone got any idea? Could not find ant fault codes, new spark plugs, all fuses good, tried jumpstarting.
Unfortunately I have nothing to share but want to say I feel your pain bro.

I have a e92 m3 and I had miaplaced the key for about 3-4 days.
Then I found them, but walk out to my car and CA doesn't work, so I try the remote.
Remote doesn't work, so I unlock it with metal key in the door, and stick the fob into the slot,
And get a key slashed out icon on the dash.

Call a locksmith, he's there for 4+ hours before giving up.

3 more come and go no luck.

Then FINALLY 1 guy was able to make a key, which works for comfort access, it lights up the dash, but when I press start, it just cranks and cranks, no start.

The only possible hint I've come up with is that the CAS is coding with the setting to protect the starter, its supposed to crank 3 seconds and stop.

Nope.

Just cranks and cranks till I let go of the button.

Beyond that, I had no clue.
After doing some digging, I read how you can disable immo in the dme and then as long as cas detects key, it'll start.

So I tried that, it didnt work, so now its been a few days and ive changed a few more things but the problem remains. So I decided to try to flash back the dme with winkfp, it got to 100, then stopped with an error.

And now my dme is completely unresponsive.

So definitely don't go down the path I went down cause now I'm really fucked.

But have patience I'm sure someone can give you some ideas
      11-06-2022, 09:03 AM   #3
DrFerry
Field Marshal
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E92 M3

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [5.25]
2015 BMW X5  [4.50]
Put the original stereo back in. Perhaps there's an anti theft system defeating start up when or if the stereo is removed (?). Just a guess. But it wouldn't hurt or take much time to put the stereo back in and see if the car will start.
'08 E92 M3 DCT Melbourne Red/Bamboo Beige Leather/EDC/SSP Spec-R DCT clutch discs/SSP Pro-Gold DCT Fluid/Quaife LSD/3:45 Final Drive by Diffs Online/BE Bearings & ARP Bolts/Vibra Technics Engine Mounts/M3 World HFC X-Pipe/LUX H8 180/BPM Sport DCT Tune/PFC Z-Rated Pads/ECS Brass Brake Caliper Bushings/Alex Shop Solid Sub-frame Bushings/Motul 600/Tint
Appreciate 1