BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

08-13-2022, 11:08 AM   #1
sperkins
Private
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 M3 MT

Airbag/93BA seatbelt catch coding help

I hope someone is able to shed some light on a 'procedure' to fix this code.
Here's the scenario:
I did a test fit on a race seat I plan to use for track days. After installation, I drove around town to make sure the angles were correct. At this time I installed the factory buckle onto the mount of the race seat, per the instructions (Baer/Krause).
As expected, Airbag/seatbelt light came on.

I reinstalled the factory seat (and buckle), and tried to use the Carista app, paired with the Veepeak OBDII connector to try and clear the codes.
The note i'm getting is: "Faults were successfully reset, but came back".

As a side note, I also purchased the Creator C310+ obd scanner. After trying to reset the code, the unit said "code has been reset", but code was still there.

I have checked the connection under the seat, and everything seems to be in order. I've tried multiple times, obviously with no success. I was going to pull the seat out, pull the buckle off and try and see if there is anything visually wrong. I cant imagine that I broke something when I moved the buckle between the two seats.

I don't want to disable the code, I just want to set it back to factory.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Steve
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2022, 10:28 AM   #2
brettcp
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E93 M3

I recently did an E93 to F83 seat swap, and found that if you unplug the seat's wiring harness, it triggers the SRS light, even after you plug it back in properly. Carly claims to clear the code but it just comes right back. I had to use INPA to clear it properly and all is well.

I read that if you unplug the battery before swapping the seats, the SRS code does not trigger.. but when doing this seat conversion I was doing a bunch of re-pinning/testing during the process and would have been a pain to disconnect and reconnect the battery throughout the process.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2022, 10:26 PM   #3
gh0stE92M3
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 M3

So I've been having this damn code plague me for the last 2.5 years. It's the driver stage 1 air bag fault. I so the only way to clear it is through Coding? I have protools and it clears but it comes back. I don't know if there's a loose wire somewhere I'm tempted to just code it out completely but I don't know how the car will react if the seats and steering wheel bags are still connected.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2022, 11:01 PM   #4
sperkins
Private
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 M3 MT

So I figured out my own problem:
One of the prongs in the plug for the seatbelt latch was bent. When the plug was connected, the prong would end up in a gap in the plastic, allowing the the two plugs to latch together.
After I found/fixed this, the Carista app cleared the code.

I hope this makes sense.
Appreciate 0