BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

EXXEL Distributions

07-02-2020, 12:20 AM   #1
romemmy
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 (F82)

Throttle transistor replacement

Hi all,

I went ahead and bought 20 of the MOSFET transistors for my throttle assemblies, but it turned out my MOSFET's were fine so I didn't change them (I did change out the gears though).

Therefore if anyone has throttles that need replacement transistors (usually caused by failing gears overworking the transistors), I'd be happy to replace them for you if you can ship me your units. I have enough transistors for 4 units, but if it turns out to be popular, I could get some more.

PM me if interested. Note I don't want to just sell the transistors (you could just buy them yourself from digikey). If necessary, I could replace the gears too since I'd have easy access to the gears when disassembling the throttle assembly.

I see companies charging about $280-$360 per unit, but I'd be happy to do the MOSFET's alone for $100/unit including parts, or the full rebuild (gears and electronics) for $250/unit including parts. If you want to do a pair, I'd do it for $175/pair for MOSFET's or $450/pair for full rebuild.

If you want to just do the transistors, you can save on shipping by sending me just the logic boards (pretty easy to remove) in an antistatic bag, with bubble wrap and a small shipping box.

I'm just doing this on the side since I can, and I see a lot of people with this issue. I come from an engineering background so have a lot of experience with board-level electronics and mechanical engineering. I'm based in the Silicon Valley Bay Area (near San Francisco), so if you are local you can save on shipping too. Typically I can do it same day most of the time, unless I need to source parts.

Thanks!

S.
Appreciate 0