BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

Mporium BMW

06-02-2020, 09:42 AM   #1
djschmitt
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 E93 DCT, Impreza MT

Narrowing Down: Sub or Amp Issue?

Good morning! I am troubleshooting audio issues with the enhanced premium sound (EPS) in my 2011 E93. The subs don't work nor does the passenger door speaker. I initially thought it was just the subs and figured it would be an easy swap. Now, with the passenger door speaker not working, I need assistance.

I read through a bunch of threads and didn't really find the path to step through to see if it's an amp issue or speaker issue.

Any help via steps or pointing to threads is appreciated.

Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2020, 09:09 PM   #2
Scrippy
Lord Scrip
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 Coupe

Garage List
  [0.00]
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
So the amp is in the trunk. The amp has a fiber (most) connector for audio input. They are green and one of two has black corrugated protector on it. The bigger connector is power and all the speaker wires. There is a color matched pair per speaker channel. Remember the doors have one pair of wires that drive the mid and tweeter. Make sure someone didn't splice them for some aftermarket stuff. Also you can check the actual subs themselves under the seats. Remove the front bolts on the seats and remove the rear bolts and you can tilt the seats back to get to the subs without having to unplug the seats. It's either a wiring issue, dead speakers or the ports associated with those speakers are dead in the amp. If it were me I'd pickup a used amp online and try it. Part number is written on your amp in the trunk so you can track one down.