BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum

Mporium BMW

05-06-2020, 04:59 AM   #1
OVO_Sav
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 BMW M3

Pom performance

So, i'm not really the type to post reviews, even when I have a negative experience with companies. However, my experience, or should I say lack of experience, dealing with Pom performance has been ridiculous. The only reason i'm writing this review is to allow the community know what kind of experience they might receive since Pom is a well know distributor and there isn't many reviews out there.

April 25th, I purchased a GTS V2 front lip which the site showed they had in stock. Fortunately, I only live about 30 mins away from the pick up location so I set my order for pick up and sent out an email. I got a response later that night being informed that the lip is out of stock as well as his phone number if I needed to reach out. I called him the next morning and he was explaining to me how the wait time might be a month and that he would need to contact his distributor. I told him that's fine with me since I'm not in a rush to get the lip and would be waiting for a response once the order gets placed.

April 27th, I sent him a text asking about the order. No response. I then ask again April 29th and same results.

May 2nd, I send him an email and finally get a response. He informs me the same stuff we discussed over the phone that it'll take 1-2 month delivery. I was also given the option to get my lip from Taiwan which might take two weeks. I responded asking if the lip is of the same fitment and quality if I order from Taiwan but also mentioned im not in a rush for a lesser quality product. After that, no reply.

May 4th, I send him another email again stating that I dont mind waiting and would like to get an order put in with his distributor. Again, no reply.

May 5th, I send him an email requesting for my money back since I dont no plan on doing business with him anymore. Still no response.

Its really disappointing because I don't see any sense of urgency to maintain or create a good customer to merchant experience. I've already given him my money and trying to help support his business so I would expect at least a response regarding the update of my order. Instead, im trying to chase him around trying to ask him to place and order and give me an update. Anyways, if I don't get a refund/response from him, ill have to contact my bank and request a dispute on that charge....

On the bright side, build journal is also selling gts v2 front lips and I ordered one from their site. I got an immediate reply from them after I place my order and they mentioned that the lip is in stock and I could pick it up that same day! Highly recommend their site and product since this is the second front lip i've received from build journal.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2020, 08:12 AM   #2
m3_tristan
Be Original.
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3

He tells you it will take a month or so because I'm assuming of COVID-19. Then you msg him the two day later on the status. Doesn't seem like you are being fair lol
Appreciate 2
BayE301341.00
6ixSpd5996.50
      05-06-2020, 08:24 AM   #3
acarr6
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 DCT

Sounds like they could work on their customer service!
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2020, 12:07 PM   #4
OVO_Sav
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3_tristan View Post
He tells you it will take a month or so because I'm assuming of COVID-19. Then you msg him the two day later on the status. Doesn't seem like you are being fair lol
I understand that. Again, I told him I dont mind waiting but I never got any confirmation that the order has been placed or any update. Whats upsetting is that I haven't gotten a response via email or phone.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2020, 04:38 PM   #5
BayE30
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.75 E90 M3 ZCP

So it showed up within 7 business days... sounds like this thread was unwarranted.
PTRAN313.00
      05-06-2020, 04:40 PM   #6
m3_tristan
Be Original.
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayE30 View Post
So it showed up within 7 business days... sounds like this thread was unwarranted.
Yeh exactly. People have no patience anymore.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2020, 04:41 PM   #7
OVO_Sav
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Sorry im not making the situation clear. This lip I posted is from build journal which I was able to pick up same day of my order. I STILL to this minute have not gotten a response back from Pom performance either via Email or Text. I only posted a picture of this lip because someone pm'd me asking for pictures but I couldnt send him images via DM.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2020, 04:43 PM   #8
OVO_Sav
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3_tristan View Post
Quote:
Yeh exactly. People have no patience anymore.
Again guys, Pom has not responded to me. I was never informed of any update regarding if my order was placed with his distributor. It literally takes a couple of minutes to respond to an email informing a customer about his item hes already PAID for.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2020, 12:13 PM   #9
wheezyF
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 m3

I understand where the OP is coming from. Communication makes it or breaks it for me when it comes to purchasing a product. Having to contact someone several times to get a simple update would make me less inclined to do business with them again.

That being said, if its a small team or single guy handling all the orders I'd be more understanding if replies are hard to get to. I'd give it some time since COVID situation is only making everything difficult. I would try messaging him on IG. Thats what I did and he seems to reply better on there.

Last edited by wheezyF; 05-22-2020 at 12:19 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2020, 02:09 PM   #10
OVO_Sav
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheezyF View Post
I understand where the OP is coming from. Communication makes it or breaks it for me when it comes to purchasing a product. Having to contact someone several times to get a simple update would make me less inclined to do business with them again.

That being said, if its a small team or single guy handling all the orders I'd be more understanding if replies are hard to get to. I'd give it some time since COVID situation is only making everything difficult. I would try messaging him on IG. Thats what I did and he seems to reply better on there.
Everything has been taken care of. I had to send out 3 emails asking for a refund but eventually had that taken care of. If its a small business or single worker I can understand that. However, even with everything going on, I shouldn't have to be waiting over a week just for him to order the part with his distributor. If he just placed in the order a couple of days within the time he said he would of done it, i wouldn't have cared if he responded or not.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2020, 03:46 PM   #11
wheezyF
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by OVO_Sav View Post
Everything has been taken care of. I had to send out 3 emails asking for a refund but eventually had that taken care of. If its a small business or single worker I can understand that. However, even with everything going on, I shouldn't have to be waiting over a week just for him to order the part with his distributor. If he just placed in the order a couple of days within the time he said he would of done it, i wouldn't have cared if he responded or not.
Glad you got this handled. Have you decided where to take your business instead? I've purchased my first GT4 lip from ebay was decent and the second one I purchased from ebay turned out to be terrible. Fitment was off & weave was bad as well. It think its a hit or miss if you purchase these replica lips. I'd suggest trying to go to a vendor if possible and test fitting the lip before purchasing.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2020, 03:50 PM   #12
OVO_Sav
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Glad you got this handled. Have you decided where to take your business instead? I've purchased my first GT4 lip from ebay was decent and the second one I purchased from ebay turned out to be terrible. Fitment was off & weave was bad as well. It think its a hit or miss if you purchase these replica lips. I'd suggest trying to go to a vendor if possible and test fitting the lip before purchasing.
I actually have a gt4 currently i got from build journal. Fitment I would say is 8.5/10. Ive seen a pom gt4 lip installed on another car and it looks the same. I assume that these companies all get their products from the same or similar vendor since its always shipped from overseas (usually China). I changed over to a gts v2 lip though because I daily my m3 and the gt4 lip is too low for daily use. Also on the lowest setting for KW has which doesnt help hah
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2020, 03:56 PM   #13
wheezyF
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I actually have a gt4 currently i got from build journal. Fitment I would say is 8.5/10. Ive seen a pom gt4 lip installed on another car and it looks the same. I assume that these companies all get their products from the same or similar vendor since its always shipped from overseas (usually China). I changed over to a gts v2 lip though because I daily my m3 and the gt4 lip is too low for daily use. Also on the lowest setting for KW has which doesnt help hah
I'm actually on the same boat lol. I'm going to be on my 3rd GT4 lip and I'm thinking about changing to the GTS. Also on the lowest setting on my kw's as well.

I've seen the mode carbon GTS lip and fitment was pretty solid. I wouldn't see myself buying one new, but if it happened to come up for sale used.. i would definitely consider it.

Might have misread, but I remember a thread where a member said the GT4 lip was easier to daily than the GTS. Which led me to think that perhaps the GTS lip sits lower causing more scrapes. I could be wrong but if that is true, I might just keep the GT4.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2020, 04:10 PM   #14
OVO_Sav
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I'm actually on the same boat lol. I'm going to be on my 3rd GT4 lip and I'm thinking about changing to the GTS. Also on the lowest setting on my kw's as well.

I've seen the mode carbon GTS lip and fitment was pretty solid. I wouldn't see myself buying one new, but if it happened to come up for sale used.. i would definitely consider it.

Might have misread, but I remember a thread where a member said the GT4 lip was easier to daily than the GTS. Which led me to think that perhaps the GTS lip sits lower causing more scrapes. I could be wrong but if that is true, I might just keep the GT4.
My previous lip on my car was a mode carbon gts lip. Fitment is pretty good but i still cant justify the money for something that will eventually break. I think people say gt4 lips are better because theyre more durable. The mode carbon lip would get eaten up by light scraping. I was parking forward into a spot (my mistake) and got too close to the curb and touched it. It completely cracked the entire front of my lip.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2020, 04:25 PM   #15
wheezyF
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
My previous lip on my car was a mode carbon gts lip. Fitment is pretty good but i still cant justify the money for something that will eventually break. I think people say gt4 lips are better because theyre more durable. The mode carbon lip would get eaten up by light scraping. I was parking forward into a spot (my mistake) and got too close to the curb and touched it. It completely cracked the entire front of my lip.
Hmm might just keep the GT4 if that is the case. My current one has been handling scrapes very well. Just has a chunk missing from a rock I hit on the freeway. Good to know
Appreciate 0