BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Private Sellers - For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Cars for sale/wanted/trade

12-30-2019, 03:06 PM   #1
dgoldenz
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Vanquish, FF, 392 Wrangler

2013 E92 M3 AW/Black ZCP - Recently fully rebuilt engine with RB done, warranty

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
USD 31,000.00

Item Interest
Hey guys, finally ready to get this sale done. Many of you probably saw my original thread and my story. This car previously had a Gintani Stage 2 SC on it and a few days before the buyer came to pick it up, the engine blew (rod bearings).

Long story short, I purchased a donor engine which had 67k miles on it to replace it. When that engine was installed, it had some issues but fortunately had a warranty. The shop estimated $6k to fix and couldn't guarantee it would fix the problem, so the other option was a full teardown and rebuild for $10k (normally $12.5k but they cut me a break). I was able to get the seller to agree to pay me $6k and I'd cover the cost of the rebuild just so I could get everything done instead of finding more problems later. The engine was rebuilt by Devin at Southwest Bimmers in Las Vegas and includes a 1-year warranty (10-11 months left, I'll have to look at the date). The warranty requires Blackstone oil analysis after a 1200 mile oil change, and each 5k miles thereafter. I have only driven it about 400 miles since the rebuild, but there have been zero issues and the engine runs perfectly.

I paid $600 extra to have the rod bearings upgraded with BE bearings since I knew a buyer would want that done. In short, this engine should last a very long time with a full rebuild and rod bearings completed. All said and done, the whole repair cost me almost $18k, about $12k net after getting the $6k back, so I'm still eating my shirt on the whole deal but it is what it is.

Current mileage: ~59,600, will go up slowly as I continue driving, but I have two other cars so I don't drive it much. Purchased at 56.5k miles in July 2018, so I barely drove it.

-2013 E92
-Alpine White/Black Interior
-Carbon Fiber Roof
-Competition Package (ZCP)
-Premium Package
-DCT
-Heated seats
-Satellite Radio
-BMW Apps
-Enhanced Premium Sound
MSRP = $75,045

Mods:
-OEM BMW Performance steering wheel ($840)
-19" Niche Wheels ($950)

Service records are available for the car's entire history including the following (though many don't matter now that the engine was replaced):

The entire engine was replaced under warranty by BMW in October 2014 at 24k miles due to rod bearing failure. Have full documentation from dealer.

-Supercharger oil change April 2018 ($120)
-Oil change April 2018 ($220)
-Rear brake pads and rotors replaced April 2018 ($986)
-Airbag recall done July 2018
-Splash shields replaced July 2018 ($525)
-PPI done in July 2018 prior to purchase, can provide copy

Previous owner paid $21,815 to Gintani in April 2017 for the following (I have the receipt):
-Stage 2 Supercharger System
-Rod bearing job
-Motor mounts replaced
-Valve cover gasket repair
-Engine oil pan
-Oil change
-New coolant

I did the following since purchase:

August 2018
-Replaced throttle actuators - $885.04 labor plus $1,130 for two OEM actuators from FCP Euro
-Brake fluid flush - $150
-Install performance wheel - $140.24
-Exhaust install - $310.35
-New shift knob with boot - $226.86

September 2018
-New supercharger belt and pulley - $384.33

November 2018
-Replaced cracked hoses in intake manifold - $417.11
-New brake booster line - $429.95

Two minor negatives:

1. The front lip broke and when the previous owner removed it, it took off some of the paint due to the 3M tape, I was going to have the front bumper repainted and reflectors shaved, but held off because I wasn't sure if I wanted to do a lip or the OEM performance splitters. There is paint peeling in one spot where the scoops are, wouldn't be seen if using the OEM splitters. That's one of the reasons I couldn't decide which direction to go with it. The paint taken off by the tape can only be seen if looking from the underneath angle.

2. I swapped my Vorsteiner hood for an OEM hood. I noticed the other day that it is slightly misaligned, going to take it to a body shop later this week to see if they can line it up perfectly. It's very minor but one of those things that you can't unsee once you see it. Should be an easy fix though.

Located in Las Vegas, PPI welcomed at buyer's expense

**NOTE** This car is registered to a Montana LLC that I own. Have all documentation in case you have any questions. I own the title outright through the LLC and have it in hand, there is no lien.

I was offered $28k by a wholesaler a few months ago, I haven't checked back to see what they'd pay now but I'd expect a similar number. Selling for $31k firm, which I think is a great value for a car with basically a brand new engine and RB done. if I can't get $31k, I'll just sell to the wholesaler as it's not worth the hassle to deal with a private buyer for less (no offense!).

You can text me at 703 nine 4 3 nine 0 5 6 for fastest response, happy to answer any questions.

Pictures below:

Last edited by dgoldenz; 01-21-2020 at 01:31 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2019, 09:42 PM   #2
BASELINE
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: A few...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgoldenz View Post
Hey guys, finally ready to get this sale done. Many of you probably saw my original thread and my story. This car previously had a Gintani Stage 2 SC on it and a few days before the buyer came to pick it up, the engine blew (rod bearings).

Long story short, I purchased a donor engine which had 67k miles on it to replace it. When that engine was installed, it had some issues but fortunately had a warranty. The shop estimated $6k to fix and couldn't guarantee it would fix the problem, so the other option was a full teardown and rebuild for $10k (normally $12.5k but they cut me a break). I was able to get the seller to agree to pay me $6k and I'd cover the cost of the rebuild just so I could get everything done instead of finding more problems later. The engine was rebuilt by Devin at Southwest Bimmers in Las Vegas and includes a 1-year warranty (10-11 months left, I'll have to look at the date). The warranty requires Blackstone oil analysis after a 1200 mile oil change, and each 5k miles thereafter. I have only driven it about 400 miles since the rebuild, but there have been zero issues and the engine runs perfectly.

I paid $600 extra to have the rod bearings upgraded with BE bearings since I knew a buyer would want that done. In short, this engine should last a very long time with a full rebuild and rod bearings completed. All said and done, the whole repair cost me almost $18k, about $12k net after getting the $6k back, so I'm still eating my shirt on the whole deal but it is what it is.

Current mileage: ~59,600, will go up slowly as I continue driving, but I have two other cars so I don't drive it much. Purchased at 56.5k miles in July 2018, so I barely drove it.

-2013 E92
-Alpine White/Black Interior
-Carbon Fiber Roof
-Competition Package (ZCP)
-Premium Package
-DCT
-Heated seats
-Satellite Radio
-BMW Apps
-Enhanced Premium Sound
MSRP = $75,045

Mods:
-OEM BMW Performance steering wheel ($840)
-19" Niche Wheels ($950)

Service records are available for the car's entire history including the following (though many don't matter now that the engine was replaced):

The entire engine was replaced under warranty by BMW in October 2014 at 24k miles due to rod bearing failure. Have full documentation from dealer.

-Supercharger oil change April 2018 ($120)
-Oil change April 2018 ($220)
-Rear brake pads and rotors replaced April 2018 ($986)
-Airbag recall done July 2018
-Splash shields replaced July 2018 ($525)
-PPI done in July 2018 prior to purchase, can provide copy

Previous owner paid $21,815 to Gintani in April 2017 for the following (I have the receipt):
-Stage 2 Supercharger System
-Rod bearing job
-Motor mounts replaced
-Valve cover gasket repair
-Engine oil pan
-Oil change
-New coolant

I did the following since purchase:

August 2018
-Replaced throttle actuators - $885.04 labor plus $1,130 for two OEM actuators from FCP Euro
-Brake fluid flush - $150
-Install performance wheel - $140.24
-Exhaust install - $310.35
-New shift knob with boot - $226.86

September 2018
-New supercharger belt and pulley - $384.33

November 2018
-Replaced cracked hoses in intake manifold - $417.11
-New brake booster line - $429.95

Two minor negatives:

1. The front lip broke and when the previous owner removed it, it took off some of the paint due to the 3M tape, I was going to have the front bumper repainted and reflectors shaved, but held off because I wasn't sure if I wanted to do a lip or the OEM performance splitters. There is paint peeling in one spot where the scoops are, wouldn't be seen if using the OEM splitters. That's one of the reasons I couldn't decide which direction to go with it. The paint taken off by the tape can only be seen if looking from the underneath angle.

2. I swapped my Vorsteiner hood for an OEM hood. I noticed the other day that it is slightly misaligned, going to take it to a body shop later this week to see if they can line it up perfectly. It's very minor but one of those things that you can't unsee once you see it. Should be an easy fix though.

Located in Las Vegas, PPI welcomed at buyer's expense

**NOTE** This car is registered to a Montana LLC that I own. Have all documentation in case you have any questions. I own the title outright through the LLC and have it in hand, there is no lien.

I was offered $28k by a wholesaler a few months ago, I haven't checked back to see what they'd pay now but I'd expect a similar number. [COLOR="Red"]Selling for $32k firm, which I think is a great value for a car with basically a brand new engine and RB done[/COLOR]. if I can't get $32k, I'll just sell to the wholesaler as it's not worth the hassle to deal with a private buyer for less (no offense!).

You can text me at 703 nine 4 3 nine 0 5 6 for fastest response, happy to answer any questions.

Pictures below:

What are the mods currently installed on the car. I don't think it's clear.

Thank you and best of luck on the sale.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2019, 10:00 PM   #3
dgoldenz
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BASELINE View Post
What are the mods currently installed on the car. I don't think it's clear.

Thank you and best of luck on the sale.
The only current mods are BMW performance steering wheel and the aftermarket wheels. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2020, 02:30 PM   #4
dgoldenz
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

bump
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2020, 03:15 PM   #5
dgoldenz
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Just received full copy of the rebuild parts breakdown for anyone interested, PM me or text me.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2020, 11:35 PM   #6
Lilmanvc
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW F86 X6M

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgoldenz View Post
Just received full copy of the rebuild parts breakdown for anyone interested, PM me or text me.
Please send and number
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2020, 11:53 AM   #7
dgoldenz
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilmanvc View Post
Please send and number
PM sent
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2020, 07:57 AM   #8
Roni911
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M3 Gintani Twin Turbo

Gintani Stage 2 SC

Do you still have it? is it part of the sale?
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2020, 05:22 PM   #9
dgoldenz
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roni911 View Post
Do you still have it? is it part of the sale?
Still have what? The car is still for sale.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2020, 02:50 PM   #10
dgoldenz
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

bump, took a walkaround and startup video yesterday for anyone interested
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2020, 01:31 PM   #11
dgoldenz
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

bump, thinking about keeping it but still for sale as of now...lowering price to $31k
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2020, 09:25 AM   #12
Roni911
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M3 Gintani Twin Turbo

Does it still have the supercharger

Does it still have the supercharger?

please post engine pics.

Thx
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2020, 10:30 PM   #13
dgoldenz
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roni911 View Post
Does it still have the supercharger?

please post engine pics.

Thx
No, engine is totally stock. I’ll take some pictures tomorrow.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2020, 06:57 PM   #14
dgoldenz
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Good news, I decided to keep it

Can't seem to edit the first post though, can one of the mods delete the info and pics?
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2020, 05:41 AM   #15
Millennial_M4
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Is car still available
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2020, 08:50 AM   #16
dgoldenz
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastlifex5 View Post
Is car still available
Sort of. I decided to keep it and sell my GT3 instead, but I'd still consider it since I'm buying a new house and could use the extra cash. Text me - 703 nine four three 9 zero 5 6
Appreciate 0