BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

BPM

11-23-2006, 12:39 AM   #67
Driv3r
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 E46 M3 ZCP

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
WHOEVER buys their kis (18 and below) a 335i is plain dumb...unless they have previous experience with maybe controlling a car and understanding many things about them (not to brag, but like myself, never gotten accident or ticked. knock on wood) To get an unexperienced KID a car that can beat e39 m5's (when its chipped)is not only dangerous to the kid but to people around him as im sure he will think he knws everything about driving and start weaving in traffic...
my .2 cents!
      11-23-2006, 05:58 AM   #68
CnoteMD
Commander in Chief
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 535i

Garage List
2008 M5  [0.00]
2006 330i  [0.00]
There will always be very young kids with "rich parents" driving expense and/or powerful cars. I've realized there is nothing I can do about it other than strive to be one of those "rich parents" myself.

By the time I have 18 year old kids (expecting my first child in January 2007), I should have the means to buy them almost anything they want. But I plan to have enough restraint to wait until they have finished college before I get them an expensive car.

I went to college out of state and didn't even have a car (at least not until I finally saved up enough to buy my own in my junior year). However, I went to school with many people who were very well off. It seemed every other car was a BMW 3 series (so my 6 year old used Mazda RX7 definitely wasn't turning any heads). But I had a strong appreciation for the car because I truly earned it (summer jobs for 3 years). There was even a student who had a brand new Dinan M5 (E34), a few Porsche 911's, and a Lotus Esprit Turbo.

In the end, each person will respond differently to being given nice things and there are certainly a few that will behave responsibly with a fine automobile. The problem is there are seem to be far more teens who abuse the things they've been given.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2006, 10:25 AM   #69
Juggs
Bavarian Motor Werks Fanatic
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 325i sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by FranchisePlayer
shouldn't the better question be, "What can I be doing so that when MY kids turn 18 I'm able to do nice things for them AND teach them responsibility so they appreciate them?"

Geez. Stop filling up at the haterade stand
i disagree. while i think its very important to teach your child life long lessons, buying them whatever car they want when they are young will simply make them spoiled. eventually they have to move off your paycheck unless you want to support them forever, so how do you make them appreciate a fine automobile like a bmw? You make them earn it themselves
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2006, 10:51 AM   #70
jameel_20002
U.S. ARMY STAFF SERGEANT
Germany
Rep
Drives: 335i Sedan

Garage List
2007 E90 335i  [0.00]
there are a lot of haters out there. you spend all your time worrying about what some else have instead of youself. dont be mad because you chsoe to buy a piece of shit car, make better decisions. my parents didnt buy anything for me, i did it on my own. i pay my insurance, car note, wife and to children, and can basically get anything i want cause i work for it. haters

Current:2004 525i,Jet Black,Grey Interior,Premium Package

Current: 2007 335i Sedan,Jet Black,Black leather,Aluminum Trim,Steptronic,Cold weather Package,Premium Package,Sports Package,Active Cruise Control,Active Steering,Comfort Access,PDC
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2006, 11:08 AM   #71
jameel_20002
U.S. ARMY STAFF SERGEANT
Germany
Rep

Garage List
2007 E90 335i  [0.00]
he is a hater regaurdless of what you say. stop worrying about what everyone else drive and step your game up. you read what it said. "im sick of 18 year old pricks driving 335i's" he didnt say hondas or toyotas etc but a car faster than his that he probably cant afford.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flush01
it shows that your're a teen, learn how to read... nobody is hating on anyone here, dude simply said he's sick of seeing 18 year olds reving their engine and trying to act all cocky... if he was hating, he would say something like this "i hate those 18 year olds in their brand new 40k bmw's"

Current: 2007 335i Sedan,Jet Black,Black leather,Aluminum Trim,Steptronic,Cold weather Package,Premium Package,Sports Package,Active Cruise Control,Active Steering,Comfort Access,PDC
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2006, 11:14 AM   #72
jameel_20002
U.S. ARMY STAFF SERGEANT
Germany
Rep

Garage List
2007 E90 335i  [0.00]
stupid people do stupid things regardless of age

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublearon21
Yes teen guys drive like maniacs, especially with 300+hp to play with, but I know a few times I have pulled up to other M3's and gave them a rev because of the commradery (don't know if that's spelled correctly) amongst BMW owners. He might have been excited seeing another Bimmer and when you wouldn't race him he wrote you off (which shows his lack of maturity). He was just trying to have fun the only way kids know...by doing stupid things. (these two things might have been contributing factors as well)

Appreciate 0
      11-23-2006, 11:16 AM   #73
hen
Private
Rep
Drives: 328

It's all relative, one parent may spend a large part of their income on a honda civic and another may spend an equal percentage income on a new 3 series. by looking at it as a fraction of their income it becomes less absurd; the kids are simply fitting into the formula. The problem lies in how people see them in comparison to themselves. adults driving any car are going to be upset when a kid drives a nicer car in any situation. Solvency lies in realizing that every person has different amounts of money and it is ignorant to criticize a group of more privlidged offspring for simple recieving a car their parents deem reasonable. I think the problem that is really being addressed is much deeper than just cars; the problem trully lies in a general degredation of civility in american society. now, unlike some kids on this forum, i am telling you that i am a 20yr old who got a new 3 series coupe in high school only to hopefully show that there are kids who see and understand the issue at hand. the look on adults faces when i would pull up next to them in a far more expensive car is more than heart wrenching; it crushes you. you feel like the exact stereotype that is being imposed upon you. i think this topic has a lot more life in and would enjoy discussing it further.

i'm hoping this might bring some insight on to how varying kids opinions can be on this subject. it is by no means black and white.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2006, 11:23 AM   #74
hav2flynow
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 Mineral White 328i Sport

Garage List
My parents walked to school im the snow, eventhough they went to school in Florida. I got a new Honda Accord Hatchback and kids today get BMWs.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2006, 11:25 AM   #75
BuckJon
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 335i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by hen
It's all relative, one parent may spend a large part of their income on a honda civic and another may spend an equal percentage income on a new 3 series. by looking at it as a fraction of their income it becomes less absurd; the kids are simply fitting into the formula. The problem lies in how people see them in comparison to themselves. adults driving any car are going to be upset when a kid drives a nicer car in any situation. Solvency lies in realizing that every person has different amounts of money and it is ignorant to criticize a group of more privlidged offspring for simple recieving a car their parents deem reasonable. I think the problem that is really being addressed is much deeper than just cars; the problem trully lies in a general degredation of civility in american society. now, unlike some kids on this forum, i am telling you that i am a 20yr old who got a new 3 series coupe in high school only to hopefully show that there are kids who see and understand the issue at hand. the look on adults faces when i would pull up next to them in a far more expensive car is more than heart wrenching; it crushes you. you feel like the exact stereotype that is being imposed upon you. i think this topic has a lot more life in and would enjoy discussing it further.

i'm hoping this might bring some insight on to how varying kids opinions can be on this subject. it is by no means black and white.
hahah I feel like that when I look at ugly people! It's heart wrenching
      11-23-2006, 12:11 PM   #76
Victor.L3IchibanM3
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 325i,'04 RX 330,'99Corolla

They do that when they have friend or GF riding with them thinking they the shit :mad: Trust me.. Im 18 and wen ever I go home from school.. alot of stupid jock or the "cool" ppl with their homie or girls riding with them give me that funny looks or either laugh at my car just because is a 325i and they have like 5 series or covette..Just ignore those hater.. they will get that back from someone else in the future
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2006, 12:13 PM   #77
poldim
Vroom Vrrooooom
Russian Federation
Rep
Drives: 330i

Garage List
2006 330i Sedan  [0.00]
2003 GSX-R 600  [0.00]
90% of teens dont truely appreciate the things they get. This is especially true when kids are spoiled with $50K gifts they dont deserve. The other 10% have probably worked their ass off to get it and love it. I'm 21 and have had my car for 14 months.

SG | Beige Dakota | Poplar || iDrive w/MP3 | PP | SP | CWP | PDC | Comfort | Shades || 40% Tint
| Black Line Tail Lights | Hardwired V1
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2006, 12:33 PM   #78
Victor.L3IchibanM3
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 325i,'04 RX 330,'99Corolla

Quote:
Originally Posted by poldim
90% of teens dont truely appreciate the things they get. This is especially true when kids are spoiled with $50K gifts they dont deserve. The other 10% have probably worked their ass off to get it and love it. I'm 21 and have had my car for 14 months.

True,True, I have a friend who always makes fun of me since I have to pay 325i for 400bills monthly by myself working at Fry's Electronic and he has a 07 5 series which he doesnt have to pay at all since his parent already pay up for everything for his 18th B-day. Damn those guys are just spoile little brat.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2006, 12:37 PM   #79
just4kickz
boku no namae ha...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BS 330i

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
i want a civic si sedan

"Akimbo shotguns. Broken wrists anyone? And don't give me that 'it's just a game' bull****. Where the **** are my akimbo interventions then?! One scope on each eye mother****er!!"
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2006, 12:44 PM   #80
eurotekm3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: e36 M3, Audi B5 S4 Stg.2+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggs
wtf? Here i am crusing in my 325 when this kid comes up in a 335. He has the windows down, his buddy in the front seat and he starts revving his engine up. I give him a thumbs down and he squeals out and almost hits the guy in front of him ( we were stopped at a light).

wtf is with these kids that get these cars from mommy and daddy? Seriously when i was 18 i was driving a beat up 1986 honda with 300k miles on it.

U have won the biggest hater award !!!!
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2006, 01:20 PM   #81
MB330
Major
Rep
Drives: 330i

Garage List
2018 BMW 330i  [0.00]
2006 E90 330i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by poldim
10% is high end! I say less then 2%.
      11-23-2006, 01:40 PM   #82
nine4surfah
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 325i Electric Red

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
I could careless what the kid drives as long as they don't drive like a@*holes.
      11-23-2006, 01:43 PM   #83
BuckJon
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 335i Coupe

Hot chicks deserve hot cars though...
      11-23-2006, 03:17 PM   #84
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

the irony is that all of us drive like a maniac at one point or another in our life. The thing is that we think it's okay because it's us; we know how to control the car and we have confident in it and that makes it okay. But when others do it, they're stupid. Funny how life works...
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2006, 01:33 AM   #85
daheechang
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E30 m3

i'm 19 and own a 330i. i recently made my purchase after working 3 jobs, getting my real estate license, and then selling my first 6 houses. i do come from a pretty well off family but do not depend on my parent's support for my luxury needs. but i do agree with how immature drivers with niec cars are very annoying, stupid and dangerous to not only themselvse but anyone else aroudn them.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2007, 12:39 AM   #86
Daneel
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: It's very old

Appreciate 0
      01-19-2007, 01:20 AM   #87
GAMEgates
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: SpaceGray e92 335

things are just becoming more attainable

like Oprah said kids of america nowadays all have a sense of "entitlement", "gimme this, gimme that", "i NEED new sneakers, ipod, etc.

but on the other hand some parents just have the money and feel that their children should have the best...
      01-19-2007, 03:05 AM   #88
SpecC
Completely obsessed with detailing
Rep
Drives: E90 SG 330i, white Scion tC

I'm 18. I drive a Scion tC to school. When i get back, i switch with my mom to get the E90 330i. I go to college with the tC and it is awful.

So you guys are really just hating on the dumb kids with the cars. I don't exactly not get any nice cars around. It's just that i'm in between having no nice car to drive and getting a nice car to drive. Not every kid is an idiot. When I'm in the E90 though, I like to get up to other E90/2 to see who's in there then if i see that the person is reasonable and nice, I'd wave. So far, I've gotten two crazy looks, 9999 old people or women or old women driving, and about 4 waves back. haha

Gamegates, i'm sure we were all like that at ONE POINT in our lives. It's just that now we've grown up and have a sense in what costs what and how hard some things to attain. I hate the tC but i treasure the E90! My parents are planning ot let me keep it forever and i think i will! I've been the only one taking care of it (ie washing, taking to service). I think this is why they bought it though, so they wouldn't ahve to take care of it. It is the first real car that i like that they'd buy so i'm glad i get the chance to do all this.
Appreciate 0