BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

Mporium BMW

05-29-2019, 09:38 PM   #287
amrazM
mTekMods
United_States
Rep
Drives: like a granny.

You poor guys should’ve got testers, this DS with the solid rear end has been the best mod to date.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2019, 10:23 AM   #288
Lienrocs
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, M4 GTS, HP4

Any update on this?
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2019, 05:43 AM   #289
MFactory
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

UPDATE

our pre-order thread has been updated: https://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1573938
Appreciate 2
      06-02-2019, 12:44 AM   #290
TNTMYM3
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW e90 M3

Sent PM
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2019, 07:51 AM   #291
Chuck's M3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: with driving gloves...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFactory View Post
UPDATE

our pre-order thread has been updated: https://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1573938
Hmm doesnt appear that i have permissions to post on e90post..
Do you have an update for those who could not wait the 2-3weeks and paid for shipping via UPS option?
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2019, 09:32 AM   #292
MFactory
Major
United_States
Rep

Those who opted for the UPS Shipping will have their orders shipped out as soon as the production has finished.
Appreciate 1
Lienrocs701.00
      06-19-2019, 04:07 AM   #293
MFactory
Major
United_States
Rep

UPDATE

The 1M/M3 Carbon Driveshafts have now left port and on their way over to the US. ETA is around a couple weeks. I'll keep everyone updated

We also have a limited stock on-hand at our warehouse ready for immediate UPS Shipment. For more info, please check our sales thread here: https://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1573938
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2019, 01:26 PM   #294
Richbot
Major General
Rep
Drives: Jerez Black E90

According to the E90post thread, these may ship as early as next week to MT people? Will y'all be contacting us when we should expect them for planning purposes or will it just sorta show up

I'm going to swap xpipes and some other stuff when this goes on soooo kinda want to plan a bit
      07-13-2019, 09:36 AM   #295
MFactory
Major
United_States
Rep

Yes, tracking will be emailed
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2019, 02:17 PM   #296
serranot
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 6MT

Garage List
2011 BMW E90 M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MFactory View Post
Yes, tracking will be emailed
Will we have a choice to select a shipping address? I would like this to go to my installer, not my house.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2019, 06:55 PM   #297
MFactory
Major
United_States
Rep

Yes. Please PM me asap to verify shipping details
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2019, 02:59 PM   #298
serranot
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 6MT

Garage List
2011 BMW E90 M3  [10.00]
Shipping notice arrived. Getting real now . . .
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2019, 09:49 AM   #299
NRBRNG
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 E92, SG & '89 635 CSi

DS

DCT shaft just arrived. Beautifully packaged. Didn't get any shipping notice- and it was a sign for only...

Shaft looks great! ZERO Instructions on fitment/ tips. guess I'll have to troll the thread for tips.

anyone have a fitment write up please?
Cheers, Mark
DCT. Custom Cantrell MS cage. Fire, SCCA, dedicated track. Diffs-online 3.62, diff cooler, MCS 2-ways, SPL arms, TMS solid SF/Diff bushings, RD sway, DO88 Coolers (DCT, RAD, PS, OIL) Akra catless GT4, BPM tune, Hans Recaro, AP Pro 5000R, Cobalt XR2/4 race pads, BBS E88's, Yoko A005 slicks, RKP GT4 Splitter, GT4 canards, APR GT250 Wing, CFK Hood, Flossman CFK fenders, BW carbon doors, Dinan R toe links, Mini battery.
Appreciate 1
      07-25-2019, 10:53 AM   #300
randrews15
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E93 M3 Le Mans Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRBRNG View Post
DCT shaft just arrived. Beautifully packaged. Didn't get any shipping notice- and it was a sign for only...

Shaft looks great! ZERO Instructions on fitment/ tips. guess I'll have to troll the thread for tips.

Cheers, Mark
I'm getting mine today. I checked with TIS and watched an online video from ECS, as well as read through some of the forums. Seems to be pretty straightforward and will require the jacking of the DCT for fitment.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2019, 12:55 PM   #301
amrazM
mTekMods
United_States
Rep
Drives: like a granny.

Quote:

Cheers, Mark
I’ve described how to install it please search.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2019, 02:45 PM   #302
roastbeef
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Cheers, Mark
i had a member reach out to me for some tips and below is what i replied;

get four sturdy jackstands and have two floor jacks handy. i have relatively long arms, and it was easier to move around under there. get some mechanic goggles that seal to your face... not glasses- goggles. you will be removing a bunch of heat shields, and it is going to rain gravel on you. get a few extra driveshaft bolts- i had one strip on me and it cost me an extra trip to the dealer.

another tip that will make your life easy is to bring some sandwich bags and a sharpie out with you. when you take off all the fasteners/bolts/nuts from any one heat shield, put them all in one bag and keep them with the heat shield. there are about four types of fasteners under there and this will save you time when you're ready to button everything back up.
my favorite tool in the garage has been my milwaukee power ratchet. its not mandatory, but you'll love it.

i supported and manipulated my dct with a floor jack with a piece of wood to help evenly distribute the load. the pan is plastic, so this helped. i actually discovered the dct being raised slightly helped fit the driveshaft. to be honest, i was giving up and was getting ready to put the dct mount back on and put the driveshaft back on and drive it to my mechanic. i thought i would try it one more time and it just went!

i did shave about 1mm of metal off the tip of the driveshaft while carefully pushing it in. no problems, it was just that tight of a fit.

i have solid subframe and diff bushings and i didn't move either of them, so it can be done.
      07-25-2019, 06:57 PM   #303
rantarM3
Captain
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by randrews15 View Post
I'm getting mine today. I checked with TIS and watched an online video from ECS, as well as read through some of the forums. Seems to be pretty straightforward and will require the jacking of the DCT for fitment.
Could you please post a link to the ECS video?

Quote:
Originally Posted by roastbeef View Post

get four sturdy jackstands and have two floor jacks handy. i have relatively long arms, and it was easier to move around under there. get some mechanic goggles that seal to your face... not glasses- goggles. you will be removing a bunch of heat shields, and it is going to rain gravel on you. get a few extra driveshaft bolts- i had one strip on me and it cost me an extra trip to the dealer.

another tip that will make your life easy is to bring some sandwich bags and a sharpie out with you. when you take off all the fasteners/bolts/nuts from any one heat shield, put them all in one bag and keep them with the heat shield. there are about four types of fasteners under there and this will save you time when you're ready to button everything back up.
my favorite tool in the garage has been my milwaukee power ratchet. its not mandatory, but you'll love it.

i supported and manipulated my dct with a floor jack with a piece of wood to help evenly distribute the load. the pan is plastic, so this helped. i actually discovered the dct being raised slightly helped fit the driveshaft. to be honest, i was giving up and was getting ready to put the dct mount back on and put the driveshaft back on and drive it to my mechanic. i thought i would try it one more time and it just went!

i did shave about 1mm of metal off the tip of the driveshaft while carefully pushing it in. no problems, it was just that tight of a fit.

i have solid subframe and diff bushings and i didn't move either of them, so it can be done.
Thank you for the helpful info!
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2019, 07:13 PM   #304
randrews15
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rantarM3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by randrews15 View Post
Could you please post a link to the ECS video?

Quote:

Thank you for the helpful info!
Even though this is an older M they do state that it should be the same on the E9x platform. Still lots of good information and provides some detailed guidance.

Appreciate 0
      07-26-2019, 12:00 AM   #305
gte869h
Upgraded from e46fanatics
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW M3 6MT ZCP

Shipping info received, super stoked about this mod. Thanks MFactory, it has been an absolute pleasure working through this order! Really glad someone stepped up to deliver this product for the community.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2019, 07:22 AM   #306
NRBRNG
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 E92, SG & '89 635 CSi

Quote:

Thanks for the info and tips! perfect. I too have solid sf and diff mounts so good to know.

I also reached out to M Factory and they sent this below. I'd add for everyone; make sure the OEM heat shield does not get bent/make ANY contact with the cf ds. It will shred itself very efficiently...

installation of the driveshaft is relatively simple, although we do recommend:

- Check to make sure the oem bolts and guibo are in good condition
- Heat wrap your exhaust at the rear where it gets close to the driveshaft
- Always install the transmission side first
- If there is insufficient room to bolt the diff side on, you may need to drop the diff first to make enough room. Most of the time though, the diff mounts can be loosened slightly and the diff pushed back enough for room
DCT. Custom Cantrell MS cage. Fire, SCCA, dedicated track. Diffs-online 3.62, diff cooler, MCS 2-ways, SPL arms, TMS solid SF/Diff bushings, RD sway, DO88 Coolers (DCT, RAD, PS, OIL) Akra catless GT4, BPM tune, Hans Recaro, AP Pro 5000R, Cobalt XR2/4 race pads, BBS E88's, Yoko A005 slicks, RKP GT4 Splitter, GT4 canards, APR GT250 Wing, CFK Hood, Flossman CFK fenders, BW carbon doors, Dinan R toe links, Mini battery.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2019, 10:47 AM   #307
randrews15
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Has anyone heat wrapped their exhaust as recommended? I have Akra Evo setup and the heat dissipation on titanium is different than steel. Not sure if it's really needed or not.
Appreciate 1
Lienrocs701.00
      07-26-2019, 11:18 AM   #308
Redd
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW E92 M3 Dakar Edition

I have the Gen1 MFactory DS, no heat wrap. No problems.
Appreciate 0