BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - California

05-11-2011, 12:32 AM   #2179
E90///M3`
Major General
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90M3

Garage List
2008 BMW E90 M3  [7.60]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes. View Post
I think the IR tint has a bluish hue, but it's biggest advantage is the heat rejection. It's better than any ceramic tint, but I don't know if it's worth it. Where we live, it doesn't even get that hot.
it's better than any ceramic tint? is that right? hmmm, when i tested it at MFEST last year, i'm pretty sure i felt the difference more with the Huper Nanoceramic... but maybe i was on some type of hallucinogenic...
:Videos: EnvyRidesTV, GPR 1, GPR 2, GPR 3, ///MFEST
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2011, 12:33 AM   #2180
theriz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3

Garage List
2017 F80 M3  [0.00]
2011 335i M-Sport  [4.00]
2015 M3  [0.00]
2009 X5  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by E90///M3` View Post
you're naturally skinny from what i can see so you may be a hard gainer... you definitely need to find out your resting metabolic rate. it basically determines the amount of calories your body burns while laying in bed blinking and breathing all day. that's all. once you determine your RMR you can adjust the amount of calories you intake and combine it with your workout... If you eat MORE CALORIES then you burn on daily basis then, NATURALLY, you'll gain weight. that's the easy part.

here's the hard part: selecting the right foods to intake and trying to eat the amount you need to gain. Example: let's say your RMR is 2000. So you burn 2000 calories blinking and laying in bed. With your workout and just staying active throughout the day you're probably burning around 2700-3200 calories per day... you'd need to intake AT LEAST 3500-4000 calories per day.

when i was CUTTING weight... my RMR was 2800, i ate every 2.5-3 hours but i still kept my calories UNDER 2000/day. so WITHOUT working out i was already burning around 800-1000cal per day... add my workout which was a minimum of 400cal jogging, 800cal jumping rope and 800cal weightlifting... I was burning everything i would put in my body lol. way overboard! friends thought i had cancer or something cause i lost so much weight in a 6-month period.

i have a list of good foods and "bad" foods you should and shouldn't eat... If you're really trying to gain lean muscle mass then you've gotta start counting calories AND amount of protein your intaking per day. you should be eating anywhere from 1-1.5g x your body weight. so if you weight 150 lbs you'll be eating around 150-225g of protein along with other foods (carbs/healthy fats). if you want a personal trainer: i can help set that up also... i don't know if you've heard of J-Scratch from Q1047... he recently started training a few people i know. If I wasn't going to school, i'd offer to train you haha
how would i find out my RMR? im guessing its pretty daum high, but as far as being a hard gainer i dont think i am i just have never really tried until now to gain weight soo we'll see.

as far as protein goes im taking 3 or 2 shakes as of yesterday. should i be taking a daily vita too? soo basically just eat as much food as possible. do you have that list of food or some how give it to me?

thanks btw
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2011, 12:37 AM   #2181
E90///M3`
Major General
Philippines
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW E90 M3  [7.60]
Quote:
Originally Posted by theriz View Post
how would i find out my RMR? im guessing its pretty daum high, but as far as being a hard gainer i dont think i am i just have never really tried until now to eigther gain weight soo we'll see.

as far as protein goes im taking 3 or 2 shakes as of yesterday. should i be taking a daily vita too? soo basically just eat as much food as possible. do you have that list of food or some how give it to me?

thanks btw
i can give you the list... that's not a prob. as long as i remember to print it hahaha.

no, don't eat as much food as possible. it has to be the proper measurements... proper portion control of protein, carbs and fats. But in your case of gaining, maybe double portions of the proteins. how calories in the shakes? who makes the shakes? how much protein is in the shakes? is it case-in protein? whey protein??

you cant just drink shakes and eat all you can to gain weight properly... you CAN do that way you described BUT be prepared for it to turn all to fat if you stop working out.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2011, 12:41 AM   #2182
WesleyC
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
it's better than any ceramic tint? is that right? hmmm, when i tested it at MFEST last year, i'm pretty sure i felt the difference more with the Huper Nanoceramic... but maybe i was on some type of hallucinogenic...
Well, when I looked in the thread from the tint company (I'll have to look for the link), they posted the results and the IR tint was the best, but who knows if the test was rigged or not. Anyway, I'm not going to pay for that tint lol. I think I'll go with Huper and if you can hook me up, even better!
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2011, 01:18 AM   #2183
M_BYEEE
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM X5M

haha ahhhh so much to catch up on...im off the boards for the night guys! See you guys tomorrow night!
      05-11-2011, 04:14 AM   #2184
E90///M3`
Major General
Philippines
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW E90 M3  [7.60]
Quote:
Well, when I looked in the thread from the tint company (I'll have to look for the link), they posted the results and the IR tint was the best, but who knows if the test was rigged or not. Anyway, I'm not going to pay for that tint lol. I think I'll go with Huper and if you can hook me up, even better!
no i'd lean more towards my last part of the last post. VEGAS!!!

at Bimmerfest if Hann is there you might be able to test it to see for yourself
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2011, 10:39 AM   #2185
jeskaM3
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 Coupe ('01)

Garage List
2001 M3  [10.00]
Pic

I only have this pic so far:
frog.com/h08a6rmj

But I bought the car from dcmotorcars.com and it's still up on their webpage with lots of photos and the specs
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2011, 10:53 AM   #2186
jeskaM3
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2001 M3  [10.00]
strike that

they are quick! they already took my car down (makes sense, since it's no longer for sale)

but the autotrader page is still up! http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...standard=false

I'll get better pics up soon

Last edited by jeskaM3; 05-11-2011 at 10:55 AM.. Reason: new info
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2011, 10:56 AM   #2187
M_BYEEE
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeskaM3 View Post
they are quick! they already took my car down (makes sense, since it's no longer for sale)

Come to coffee bean tonight so we can check it out in person!
      05-11-2011, 11:01 AM   #2188
jeskaM3
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2001 M3  [10.00]
I would, but...

I already have plans for tonight. I love coffee bean and cars, though, so definitely next time (is it weekly?).

Also, I read about the meet-up on Sunday. I might show up for dinner, but I've already seen the movie
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2011, 11:23 AM   #2189
WesleyC
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
no i'd lean more towards my last part of the last post. VEGAS!!!

at Bimmerfest if Hann is there you might be able to test it to see for yourself
I don't think I'm going to make it to Bimmerfest.

Quote:

but the autotrader page is still up! http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...standard=false

Congrats. The E46 M3 is a timeless car.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2011, 01:23 PM   #2190
persian54
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M760/G83M4

Quote:
I just think that when you're young, you have the opportunity to do things that you can't do once you're older/tied down. I know anything can change, but I don't plan on getting married til my mid 30's. I have a lot of things that I want to do before marriage.
I hear you.

Except I want to get married before 30 cause I want to have my kid before I'm 30... this is all assuming I become where I want to be financially.

If I cannot provide for my wife and kids as well as myself with my expensive hobbies... then I don't feel I'm ready to have kids.
We'll see.. when I was 19 I proposed..and was 'in love' etc... yeah that didn't work out... completely changed the way I view women as well..long story

Quote:
JB4????????????
He should

Quote:
if you want to tint your windows... Huper Optik. the only way to go for your car. lemme know when you wanna do it, i'll get you hooked up
Huper Optik is tight but so damn expensive... PM me what would cost for ceramic tint on my car (i already have it, but I'd like to compare )

Quote:
But what things can you NOT do when you're married?
Sleep with women from different countries when you travel to those countries.

But, considering Adam mentioned they have had their on and offs... maybe she would be understanding? Not sure.. it's a long shot with some girls... I know Hannah would never be down.....

And this:
Quote:
and Have Other Partners

Quote:
Grilles, reflectors, etc... those sorts of things.

Huper Optik has always been my first choice, but once I looked at the IR tint, I wanted to go with that. I think the IR tint is ridiculously expensive, though...

I'll let you know when I'm ready to get my car tinted. Should be soon!
Lmk when you want grills reflectors etc

What's IR tint ?

Quote:
If the person wants to do the exact same things, then great! I just feel like it's pretty rare to find somebody who shares the exact same interests.

I do want to travel, yes. Who knows, maybe I'll go alone. I really enjoy being alone.

And when you're with somebody, it's not so much about not being able to do things, but it's more about being able to get up and do things on a whim. When you're alone, you can do whatever you want, but most importantly (for me, at least), whenever you want.
Yeah it's hard to find someone that shares many of the same interests..
Personally... I think if you and your significant other share too many interests... it gets boring
I like my women to be interested in what I am to an extent... I like them to have their own likes and dislikes.
I guess the saying "opposites attract" really applies to me
Personally... I hate being alone, I can't stand it....

Quote:
I don't think I'm going to make it to Bimmerfest.

Congrats. The E46 M3 is a timeless car.

Why no Bfest?

I love the e46 M3. Congrats
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2011, 01:30 PM   #2191
theriz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3

Garage List
2017 F80 M3  [0.00]
2011 335i M-Sport  [4.00]
2015 M3  [0.00]
2009 X5  [10.00]
Quote:
i can give you the list... that's not a prob. as long as i remember to print it hahaha.

no, don't eat as much food as possible. it has to be the proper measurements... proper portion control of protein, carbs and fats. But in your case of gaining, maybe double portions of the proteins. how calories in the shakes? who makes the shakes? how much protein is in the shakes? is it case-in protein? whey protein??

you cant just drink shakes and eat all you can to gain weight properly... you CAN do that way you described BUT be prepared for it to turn all to fat if you stop working out.
ight i need that list..

umm im taking 100% whey protein 20G of protein per serving has 110 calories. also i have Mega Men Sport vita's supp. ? what else should i be taking ive tried or am trying shot-gun pre work out.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2011, 02:13 PM   #2192
jeskaM3
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2001 M3  [10.00]
mod recommendations?

currently my car is 100% stock. what's the best mods to get, and in what order? I'm definitely looking to increase performance, but also personalize the body.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2011, 03:00 PM   #2193
WesleyC
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by persian54 View Post
I hear you.

Except I want to get married before 30 cause I want to have my kid before I'm 30... this is all assuming I become where I want to be financially.

If I cannot provide for my wife and kids as well as myself with my expensive hobbies... then I don't feel I'm ready to have kids.
We'll see.. when I was 19 I proposed..and was 'in love' etc... yeah that didn't work out... completely changed the way I view women as well..long story
Yea, I know what you mean. I saw one of your previous posts saying how you wanted to be the sole provider of the family and how you wanted your wife to do whatever you want (wasn't sure if you were serious about that lol).

Also, you and your long stories... but you never end up telling us. You like to leave us hanging, huh?

Quote:
What's IR tint ?
Infrared

[QUOTE=persian54;9576848Why no Bfest? [/QUOTE]

I have 2 finals on Monday so I need to study this weekend. I'm going to go to the meet on Sunday so I can't afford to go to Bimmerfest on Saturday.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2011, 03:00 PM   #2194
WesleyC
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
currently my car is 100% stock. what's the best mods to get, and in what order? I'm definitely looking to increase performance, but also personalize the body.
HPF stage 4 is a good start.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2011, 03:04 PM   #2195
persian54
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yea, I know what you mean. I saw one of your previous posts saying how you wanted to be the sole provider of the family and how you wanted your wife to do whatever you want (wasn't sure if you were serious about that lol).

Also, you and your long stories... but you never end up telling us. You like to leave us hanging, huh?

Infrared

I have 2 finals on Monday so I need to study this weekend. I'm going to go to the meet on Sunday so I can't afford to go to Bimmerfest on Saturday.
I am serious; I mean, I'm all for my wife working and having a career etc... but when kids come, that needs to become priority.
I don't want my children raised by a nanny..and I love my mom, but I don't want her raising my kids.
I've seen with my own eyes what happens when a child is raised by his mother vs being raised by someone else.
Also, the #1 cause for divorce is money...and next children.
I don't want money to be an issue and I want good, happy and healthy children.

Infrared tint... never seen or heard of it... I'd love to sit in a car with it.

Long stories are best left for in person discussion versus online chats

Quote:
Haha... yeah...then he will kill all of the s/c e9X M3s lol
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2011, 03:06 PM   #2196
FoShizzle
aka Mike
No_Country
Rep
Drives: AW E92 335is

Just threw my first 'half engine light' this morning.
Jason I'll pm u about tint.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2011, 03:08 PM   #2197
WesleyC
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I am serious; I mean, I'm all for my wife working and having a career etc... but when kids come, that needs to become priority.
I don't want my children raised by a nanny..and I love my mom, but I don't want her raising my kids.
I've seen with my own eyes what happens when a child is raised by his mother vs being raised by someone else.
Also, the #1 cause for divorce is money...and next children.
I don't want money to be an issue and I want good, happy and healthy children.
When I read that you wanted your wife to do whatever you wanted, I immediately thought of that movie Not Without My Daughter
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2011, 03:20 PM   #2198
persian54
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
When I read that you wanted your wife to do whatever you wanted, I immediately thought of that movie Not Without My Daughter
never heard of it...

Half check engine light is a good thing. Lemon again and get your money back then get the car again lol
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2011, 03:39 PM   #2199
jeskaM3
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2001 M3  [10.00]
Quote: