BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wheels + Tires Sponsored by The Tire Rack
  TireRack

KEEP M3POST ALIVE BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER LINK!

11-06-2012, 07:01 AM   #265
bobblehead
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: warp speed

.... have not seen/heard of any structural issues ... but

Not a fan of Morr wheel at all after reading so many customer complaints of their after sales service and the inability to work out the solution with the customers. There are a few threads on the 5post forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyD View Post
Can anyone here tell me if they have ever heard of a problem with MORR wheels?
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2012, 03:04 PM   #266
Ice350
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Lexus GS350

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos@MORR View Post
Like any company, we have had situations that we have had to deal with. Shipping damages, lost packages, back-ordered parts, delay in production, defects in the paint, etc. These are things that any wheel business will encounter. These issues, however, are minimal and when they have occurred, we have handled them effectively and in favor of the customer. There is one particular case, on the 5post forum, where a HK customer received his wheels and reported the finish as being defective. No questions asked, we brought the wheels back to the US, replaced all the parts the customer requested to be replaced, and shipped it back to the customer. All this at no cost to him.

Other than that, I do not know of any other customer issues. "so many customer complaints" and "inability to work out the solution with the customers" might be stretching the truth. No intention to bump this thread other than to avoid speculation.

We make very strong, lightweight and structurally sound wheels. We use FEM on every one of our applications to make sure our wheels are capable of withstanding the required load, whether for street or track applications. For the past 7 years, we have never had any mechanical/structural failure and we intend to keep it that way. Not that it cannot happen, but it's our job to do the best we can to make sure we push the envelope and produce the best wheels possible.

Regards,

Carlos Morr
President
Sounds like you are trying to be candid so let's go a little further.
While I have not heard of any failures there have been a few reports of delays and late completion dates. Seems you guys never deliver when you promise. Why is that?
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2012, 04:16 PM   #267
efdiesel3s
Halle Berry or Hallelujah
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: '11 335d, '93 fd3s, '90 e30 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by b42 View Post
Guys,

Everything was settled, so I write the result.
Finally I got the refund in full from ADV
The procedure for the refund was troublesome a little bit, so it took a time , but their communication was not bad, and I think they had dealt with me honestly for this time.

Thank you for your support guys!

b42
Glad to hear it worked out. Right when Jordan said these are safe, your first action if you were in Los Angeles would be LAWSUIT. Hire a forensic engineering expert who deals in structural integrity and you are definitely going to win. Unfortunately you are in Japan and the process would be very troublesome and I believe that ADV1 thought you would never go that far. Once you had brought it public they were up against the wall and had to cut their losses or if they didn't fix the situation the inevitable LAWSUIT would happen.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2012, 06:05 PM   #268
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos@MORR View Post
Like any company, we have had situations that we have had to deal with. Shipping damages, lost packages, back-ordered parts, delay in production, defects in the paint, etc. These are things that any wheel business will encounter. These issues, however, are minimal and when they have occurred, we have handled them effectively and in favor of the customer. There is one particular case, on the 5post forum, where a HK customer received his wheels and reported the finish as being defective. No questions asked, we brought the wheels back to the US, replaced all the parts the customer requested to be replaced, and shipped it back to the customer. All this at no cost to him.

Other than that, I do not know of any other customer issues. "so many customer complaints" and "inability to work out the solution with the customers" might be stretching the truth. No intention to bump this thread other than to avoid speculation.

We make very strong, lightweight and structurally sound wheels. We use FEM on every one of our applications to make sure our wheels are capable of withstanding the required load, whether for street or track applications. For the past 7 years, we have never had any mechanical/structural failure and we intend to keep it that way. Not that it cannot happen, but it's our job to do the best we can to make sure we push the envelope and produce the best wheels possible.

Regards,

Carlos Morr
President
Carlos, You know I'm a HUGE fan of MORR- I've owned a set for year and tracked on them a few times with dropping a wheel a few times without incident, but just wondering if you do any type of certification for your wheels.

As for delivering on time, I know MORR had issues with some group buy's early on when demand was much greater than they were prepared to handle. They were getting held up at different steps of the wheel preparation. I haven't seen much lately about delay, but don't follow other boards for wheels.

Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2013, 11:06 PM   #269
tony.m6
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M6, CTS-V, F10 M5, TURBO-S

Why people pay ADV's prices crazy!!! 10k for 20' Wheels lol Crazy!!!!! HRE for me are the best wheels ...

Last edited by tony.m6; 04-22-2013 at 08:06 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2013, 11:04 PM   #270
AlexTek
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 E92 2011 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony.m6 View Post
Why people pay ADV's prices crazy, 10k for 20' lol Crazy!!!!! HRE for me are best wheels ...
To me nothing beats Rays Eng & BBS. Proven already for street & track.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2013, 10:06 PM   #271
tony.m6
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M6, CTS-V, F10 M5, TURBO-S

LOL Take a look at this ....

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=664569

And the sale 20" for 10K the ppl lost their mined!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2013, 08:21 PM   #272
playground
Lieutenant
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: M3

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=797839

crooks back at it again.

Someone please set them straight.
      04-27-2013, 10:35 PM   #273
Donbona
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E93 M3 DCT 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by playground View Post
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=797839

crooks back at it again.

Someone please set them straight.
Ok let me set you straight with some facts.......(I know this because when I ordered my 360s shit hit the fan)

.The now owner of ADV1 is Jordan
.The now owner of 360 is Forged Distributing

.The previous owner of 360 was Jordan

Okay.... So when I ordered my wheels a few years back 360 was going under, this is why a lot of people were not getting their wheels on time if at all.... Then in comes Forged distributing a company that owns various wheel brands already.
Forged Distributing buys out 360 from Jordan and makes good on the backlog of orders although this does take time to catch up.

Now soon after Jordan starts another company.... ADV1... This company has nothing to do with 360 anymore....

Just to clarify I had my 360s for over for years... Sold them to a friend and then he sold them after.... And as far as I'm aware they are still going strong.
M3 E93 DCT, Space Grey,BC HB29 Forged Deep Concave Wheels, Ericsson Amuse F/R Bumper, Evolve Full Exhaust System, INTRAX Coilovers, STOPTECH BBK, Performance Steering Wheel,Custom Red/Black Leather Seats,///M3 ||Bimmerpost M3 Car Of The Month May - 2010SOLD
2010 R35 GTR
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2013, 10:47 PM   #274
Hai_Cheo
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Not sure where most people's frustrations with the wheels comes from. Essentially ALL 'Forged' Wheel companies (short of Japanese/German Companies) come from the same place, MHT/COR. So quality you'll get from ADV1 is no different than 360 Forged/MORR/ISS etc etc etc.

If you want to bitch about shitty service, that's a different story, wheel quality is identical.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2013, 11:31 PM   #275
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hai_Cheo View Post
Not sure where most people's frustrations with the wheels comes from. Essentially ALL 'Forged' Wheel companies (short of Japanese/German Companies) come from the same place, MHT/COR. So quality you'll get from ADV1 is no different than 360 Forged/MORR/ISS etc etc etc.

If you want to bitch about shitty service, that's a different story, wheel quality is identical.
And I wouldn't put any of those wheels on my car now. Though I do have MORR's on from before LeMans_Blue taught us about wheels here.

Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2013, 12:00 AM   #276
playground
Lieutenant
Hong Kong
Rep

And that is why I have never owned a "FORGED" wheel and probably never will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donbona View Post
Ok let me set you straight with some facts.......(I know this because when I ordered my 360s shit hit the fan)

.The now owner of ADV1 is Jordan
.The now owner of 360 is Forged Distributing

.The previous owner of 360 was Jordan
Regardless of the owner of the company, the wheels are just plain terrible in quality.

Wheels and tires are the most important thing to any car next to the driver. You put the lives of your friends, family and even kids in danger when you support these kind of companies to continue business.

Just because Jordan is no longer working there, it doesn't mean that the 360forged wheels quality has improved. They are just as bad and unsafe. Not only do you put yourself in danger, but also the general public.

Last edited by playground; 04-28-2013 at 12:13 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2013, 03:14 AM   #277
Donbona
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E93 M3 DCT 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by playground View Post
And that is why I have never owned a "FORGED" wheel and probably never will.

Regardless of the owner of the company, the wheels are just plain terrible in quality.

Wheels and tires are the most important thing to any car next to the driver. You put the lives of your friends, family and even kids in danger when you support these kind of companies to continue business.

Just because Jordan is no longer working there, it doesn't mean that the 360forged wheels quality has improved. They are just as bad and unsafe. Not only do you put yourself in danger, but also the general public.
Yes you are right in this matter, but I just wanted to clarify to people about who is who.
M3 E93 DCT, Space Grey,BC HB29 Forged Deep Concave Wheels, Ericsson Amuse F/R Bumper, Evolve Full Exhaust System, INTRAX Coilovers, STOPTECH BBK, Performance Steering Wheel,Custom Red/Black Leather Seats,///M3 ||Bimmerpost M3 Car Of The Month May - 2010SOLD
2010 R35 GTR
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2013, 08:18 AM   #278
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 6.3 AMG

so i have a question, how come ADV.1 is able to put rims on sooo many high end exotics? do these people just not know? or... what? I'm not trying to bash, but this thread seems pretty apparent of their quality, so i'm curious
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2013, 08:54 AM   #279
playground
Lieutenant
Hong Kong
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorM3 View Post
so i have a question, how come ADV.1 is able to put rims on sooo many high end exotics? do these people just not know? or... what? I'm not trying to bash, but this thread seems pretty apparent of their quality, so i'm curious
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donbona View Post
Yes you are right in this matter, but I just wanted to clarify to people about who is who.
Because ADV and 360forged produce wheels that look good. They don't meet safety standards.

Marketing is everything now a days, perception plays a big role here. People automatically think that the wheels are quality just because Ferrari/Super car owners roll on them. Most super car owners don't even drive their car, surely enough the "safety" of these kinds of wheels can be never tested in real life scenarios by supercar owners.

Forged wheels are like breast implants, sure they look like a million dollars but they will never come close to feeling like the real thing. Silicone or materials used in the breast implant could be fatal to the person in the short or long-run just like using lower grade materials (third world country imports) for forging a rim.

I am not trying to technically "bash" on a company, but I just want to keep the buyers aware of what they are truly getting.

Here we are with some more information to back my claim.

http://www.importgenius.com/importers/cor-llc

http://www.importgenius.com/supplier...yin-industrial

Now you can throw this "proudly made in USA" idea in the trash. Any so called "american made" forged wheel is just as bad as Rota's made in the philippines...

Knowledge is everything in this world, it is what keeps us safe and make the right choices. I hope you guys understand I do love the look of forged wheels, but the quality is what sets me back from actually owning them.

Last edited by playground; 04-28-2013 at 09:05 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2013, 08:54 AM   #280
Hai_Cheo
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorM3
Well, they have built up a customer base right from the dealer, they often times have "dealer packages" where exotics come with ADV1s. Their biggest market is in the middle east, which is where most of the cars come from. They have done a wonderful job of marketing themselves as an exclusive brand, which is why and how they can charge that premium price. Same way a gucci shirt is no different than a guilden tee.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2013, 10:47 AM   #281
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep

playgroud and hai cheo, both good explanations.

gotta love fake businesses.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2013, 10:56 AM   #282
Soorena
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M3 6MT

Garage List
It's a shame that companies like ADV.1, Meisterschaft, Vorsteiner... Completely rip people off with their cheap made products yet admins let them participate in their forums. SMH

As for this subject, a brother said it right here. Do not mess with Tire/Wheel combo, if something goes wrong with any of them the result will be ugly. Always buy things from people who care about their reputation.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2013, 12:12 PM   #283
swamp2
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Utter nonsense.

The quality and reliability of any wheel comes from material, manufacturing process, quality assurance, testing and the design (i.e. size, shape, thicknesses, etc.). Any of these can be dominant factors. Just because some of these are common across two different products does not mean all of them are common.
| XPEL Full Front Wrap | Hardwired V1 | Interior Xenon Light Kit |
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2013, 01:55 PM   #284
Endless619
DHS
Rep
Drives: 2023 M4, 2020 Land Rover

Garage List
You know honestly with these 20 and 22 inch wheels and cracks it can be half the manufacturers fault and the owners.

I am thinking a 22 inch rim with a rubber band size tire + bad road conditions anywhere in the world can equal these kinds of cracks. I have seen it in brand new Volk wheels and BBS wheels years back. Forged or not most wheels cannot stand up to this going 100mph and hit a 2-3 inch crack on the freeway or highway. Now this over a year period can crack spokes etc.

We all hope our wheels will hold up but fact of the matter is most wheels will not. Thats reality. Let me guess 20, 25, or 30 series tires?

I am not going to sit here and debate this but just throwing it out there.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2013, 05:22 PM   #285
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soorena View Post
It's a shame that companies like ADV.1, Meisterschaft, Vorsteiner... Completely rip people off with their cheap made products yet admins let them participate in their forums. SMH

As for this subject, a brother said it right here. Do not mess with Tire/Wheel combo, if something goes wrong with any of them the result will be ugly. Always buy things from people who care about their reputation.

Vorsteiner??? Please explain? Or link me to something?
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2013, 05:25 PM   #286
Hai_Cheo
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp2
Quote:
Utter nonsense.

The quality and reliability of any wheel comes from material, manufacturing process, quality assurance, testing and the design (i.e. size, shape, thicknesses, etc.). Any of these can be dominant factors. Just because some of these are common across two different products does not mean all of them are common.
LOL.

Guy, what are you talking about? All the aforementioned companies use THE SAME EXACT HARDWARE. Which explains why i've replaced a "360 forged" lip with an "ISS" lip, WHY? BECAUSE THEYRE BOTH COR LIPS.

Consistensy, it really takes no special skill to start a wheel company, it's a common formula that has been repeated, same hardware, same parts, essentially same wheel.
Appreciate 0