BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > DIY Guides/ Discussions

European Auto Source (EAS)

04-28-2019, 11:52 PM   #1
Mdriv3r
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F13 M6

Garage List
Request DIY for clutch bleed w/out motive bleeder

Could someone post a DIY here on bleeding the clutch on a 6sp manual. I have access to the bleeder screw and have taken the slave down. I am actually replacing this soon as well. Long story, but it had a leak.

I am looking for a a DIY on the actual bleeding process. currently have a bottle that I can invert to fill the reservoir and was planning on using a hose and bottle with brake fluid in it to stop air from going back into the bleeder valve.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2019, 12:06 PM   #2
pbonsalb
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 18 F90 M5, 99 E36 M3 Turbo

With slave out but connected, orient with bleeder facing up. Open bleeder, depress piston and hold depressed while you close bleeder. Repeat 3x and there should be no air left. Challenging for one person alone but doable. Make sure level in brake reservoir does not drop below min or air could be sucked in.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2019, 03:30 PM   #3
Mdriv3r
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F13 M6

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbonsalb View Post
With slave out but connected, orient with bleeder facing up. Open bleeder, depress piston and hold depressed while you close bleeder. Repeat 3x and there should be no air left. Challenging for one person alone but doable. Make sure level in brake reservoir does not drop below min or air could be sucked in.

Thanks for the reply. I will do this. I was doing that before, but I am sure air was entering from up top. I have ordered the Schwaben 3L pressure bleeder to assist with the bleed. I will also be using a bottle with hose and brake fluid. I had read several previous forums about this and there were many different methods from: 2 person with clutch, slave method, and pressure method with one or two people. Hopefully it will work, Ill post an update tomorrow evening after completing this.
Appreciate 0