BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications
 
GetBMWParts
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-08-2016, 11:09 AM   #45
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
17917
Rep
10,743
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longboarder View Post
Check this out:

WOW ! "564 WHP"

Congrats
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2016, 12:37 PM   #46
Longboarder
Major General
1500
Rep
5,719
Posts

Drives: 2016 BMW i8
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Monarch Beach

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longboarder View Post
Check this out:

WOW ! "564 WHP"

Congrats
You know what's interesting is that I made 570 wheel on 2 gallons of e85 plus full tank 91 compared to this dyno session where I had 50/50 mix of MS109 and 91. I hear the best thing to do is run straight race gas (no crappy 91 at all) for best results but that's rather expensive.

Don't know if you have any e85 near you but even on a NA car a small e85 mix with pump should improve the octane and provide cooler burn (less knock) than pure pump gas.
__________________
Daily: 2016 BMW i8
Airstrip: 2015 Porsche 991 Turbo S / GIAC FBO Meth 68mm turbos
Track: 2015 Porsche 991 GT3
Utility: 2012 BMW e92 M3 DCT
IG: longboarder949; YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT1...eoFBszPIK0gf9w
Appreciate 2
      05-09-2016, 09:51 AM   #47
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
17917
Rep
10,743
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longboarder View Post
You know what's interesting is that I made 570 wheel on 2 gallons of e85 plus full tank 91 compared to this dyno session where I had 50/50 mix of MS109 and 91. I hear the best thing to do is run straight race gas (no crappy 91 at all) for best results but that's rather expensive.

Don't know if you have any e85 near you but even on a NA car a small e85 mix with pump should improve the octane and provide cooler burn (less knock) than pure pump gas.
Indeed I heard good things as well about a mix with e85...
Just went on Google for e85 and found a few in Brussels .
The problem is that I need to drive one hour from my home to Brussels .
But the day that I need to be in Brussels , I'll think about it .
In my area I run always with Shell V-Power (98 RON)
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2016, 10:05 AM   #48
NickS65
New Member
NickS65's Avatar
14
Rep
25
Posts

Drives: E92 M3 MRed ZCP
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Holland

iTrader: (0)

Have you tried BP/Aral ultimate (98)? Considering multiple tests it is better than V-power.

Not sure if those are in Belgium or near you though.
Appreciate 1
      05-09-2016, 02:00 PM   #49
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
17917
Rep
10,743
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickS65 View Post
Have you tried BP/Aral ultimate (98)? Considering multiple tests it is better than V-power.

Not sure if those are in Belgium or near you though.
Thought that Q8 toke over 200 petrol stations from Aral in the past here in Belgium .
Went also on Google for it ,and found almost nothing .
Thank you for the proposal
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2016, 02:11 PM   #50
Longboarder
Major General
1500
Rep
5,719
Posts

Drives: 2016 BMW i8
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Monarch Beach

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Nice if you have 98 RON available I hear that's equivalent to US 93-94 octane so you don't need to bother with e85 mixes.
__________________
Daily: 2016 BMW i8
Airstrip: 2015 Porsche 991 Turbo S / GIAC FBO Meth 68mm turbos
Track: 2015 Porsche 991 GT3
Utility: 2012 BMW e92 M3 DCT
IG: longboarder949; YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT1...eoFBszPIK0gf9w
Appreciate 1
      05-09-2016, 09:06 PM   #51
ASBSECU E93
Know's a guy that know's a guy...
ASBSECU E93's Avatar
5360
Rep
1,856
Posts

Drives: 2010 335d; 2008 135i
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sered View Post
You mean like I did? Not huge, but holds almost a gallon. About 10x the capacity of the ESS-provided unit. Also has a grate that keeps ice from blocking the drain outlet into the pump.
Where did you source this?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
She stood there. Pointed a finger at me and laughed at me. That damn bitch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
Poop shit, shit and poop. I'm mildly angry now.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2016, 03:44 PM   #52
FazerBoy
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
33
Rep
505
Posts

Drives: BMW E92 M3
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: London, UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longboarder View Post
Nice if you have 98 RON available I hear that's equivalent to US 93-94 octane so you don't need to bother with e85 mixes.
I'm loving my recently installed ESS 625 charger (inspired by you)!

I find that the throttle has become a little more 'touchy' than before the charger was fitted so when I throttle off the car lurches a bit. I presume this is a characteristic of the supercharger.

Apart from your upgraded bearings, are your internal engine components completely stock? I know you run your car very hard - do you feel it will hold up in the longer term or have you thought about upgraded internals and lower compression for longer-term reliability rather than any more power (you probably have enough power!).

Jack
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2016, 04:19 PM   #53
Longboarder
Major General
1500
Rep
5,719
Posts

Drives: 2016 BMW i8
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Monarch Beach

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by FazerBoy View Post
I'm loving my recently installed ESS 625 charger (inspired by you)!

I find that the throttle has become a little more 'touchy' than before the charger was fitted so when I throttle off the car lurches a bit. I presume this is a characteristic of the supercharger.

Apart from your upgraded bearings, are your internal engine components completely stock? I know you run your car very hard - do you feel it will hold up in the longer term or have you thought about upgraded internals and lower compression for longer-term reliability rather than any more power (you probably have enough power!).

Jack
Glad I could be a bad influence.

Yes your throttle will be more touchy but you will get used to it. It's because the blower is always on and pushing boost into the motor even on partial throttle...so the car WANTS to go faster

Other than bearings my motor is stock. I would guess I have over 10,000 WOT pulls all the way to 8,600 rpm and virtually all have been supercharged. Car clicked over to 37,000 miles this weekend. It runs perfect.

I haven't thought about any further power increases because I have other much faster cars. Besides I personally think the chassis is maxxed out at roughly 600/400 HP/TQ. Anything more is just going to make it harder to get the power to the ground.

Have fun and stay safe.
__________________
Daily: 2016 BMW i8
Airstrip: 2015 Porsche 991 Turbo S / GIAC FBO Meth 68mm turbos
Track: 2015 Porsche 991 GT3
Utility: 2012 BMW e92 M3 DCT
IG: longboarder949; YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT1...eoFBszPIK0gf9w
Appreciate 1
      05-10-2016, 06:07 PM   #54
OM VT3
Lieutenant Colonel
OM VT3's Avatar
112
Rep
1,672
Posts

Drives: 2011 e92 zcp m3
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Somewhere

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longboarder View Post
Glad I could be a bad influence.

Yes your throttle will be more touchy but you will get used to it. It's because the blower is always on and pushing boost into the motor even on partial throttle...so the car WANTS to go faster

Other than bearings my motor is stock. I would guess I have over 10,000 WOT pulls all the way to 8,600 rpm and virtually all have been supercharged. Car clicked over to 37,000 miles this weekend. It runs perfect.

I haven't thought about any further power increases because I have other much faster cars. Besides I personally think the chassis is maxxed out at roughly 600/400 HP/TQ. Anything more is just going to make it harder to get the power to the ground.

Have fun and stay safe.
Not with proper suspension geometry to allow the correct amount of squat with a big tyre
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2016, 12:41 PM   #55
whats77inaname
Native Texan
United_States
640
Rep
3,412
Posts

Drives: when at all possible
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Tx

iTrader: (25)

Reviving this thread. Do you have a guesstimate of how much hose you used? I'm trying to determine the volume of water contained in this setup. I know the diameter was 3/4", but was that ID or OD (inner diameter or outer diameter)?

TIA
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2016, 12:47 PM   #56
Longboarder
Major General
1500
Rep
5,719
Posts

Drives: 2016 BMW i8
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Monarch Beach

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by whats77inaname
Reviving this thread. Do you have a guesstimate of how much hose you used? I'm trying to determine the volume of water contained in this setup. I know the diameter was 3/4", but was that ID or OD (inner diameter or outer diameter)?

TIA
What's up bro. Yeah hose is 3/4 ID. And MRF estimates that about 12-13 feet were used to plumb it from the trunk to intercooler and back.
__________________
Daily: 2016 BMW i8
Airstrip: 2015 Porsche 991 Turbo S / GIAC FBO Meth 68mm turbos
Track: 2015 Porsche 991 GT3
Utility: 2012 BMW e92 M3 DCT
IG: longboarder949; YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT1...eoFBszPIK0gf9w
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2016, 01:55 PM   #57
whats77inaname
Native Texan
United_States
640
Rep
3,412
Posts

Drives: when at all possible
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Tx

iTrader: (25)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longboarder View Post
What's up bro. Yeah hose is 3/4 ID. And MRF estimates that about 12-13 feet were used to plumb it from the trunk to intercooler and back.
That doesn't seem like much. Interesting. Working with a plastics company on a stealth trunk-mounted 3-4 gallon polyethylene tank to go with the 625++ kit I'm putting together
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2016, 02:06 PM   #58
Longboarder
Major General
1500
Rep
5,719
Posts

Drives: 2016 BMW i8
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Monarch Beach

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by whats77inaname
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longboarder View Post
What's up bro. Yeah hose is 3/4 ID. And MRF estimates that about 12-13 feet were used to plumb it from the trunk to intercooler and back.
That doesn't seem like much. Interesting. Working with a plastics company on a stealth trunk-mounted 3-4 gallon polyethylene tank to go with the 625++ kit I'm putting together
Nice. To be located under the trunk liner with the tire inflation system removed?
__________________
Daily: 2016 BMW i8
Airstrip: 2015 Porsche 991 Turbo S / GIAC FBO Meth 68mm turbos
Track: 2015 Porsche 991 GT3
Utility: 2012 BMW e92 M3 DCT
IG: longboarder949; YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT1...eoFBszPIK0gf9w
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2016, 03:33 PM   #59
whats77inaname
Native Texan
United_States
640
Rep
3,412
Posts

Drives: when at all possible
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Tx

iTrader: (25)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longboarder View Post
Nice. To be located under the trunk liner with the tire inflation system removed?
Negative. Drivers side of the car where the OEM amp is mounted. Working on the amp relocation portion of it. Situating it there will help counter the weight of the battery. And I don't think I'll have to make any permanent holes to run the hoses. Looking at it, there's a snap in vent on that side of the trunk that I can open up a bit, and is replaceable if I decide to remove it from the car. You won't be able to see the setup at all if the trunk is open. It'll look pretty much stock....or that's the plan, anyway

Last edited by whats77inaname; 08-25-2016 at 04:20 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2016, 10:00 PM   #60
Longboarder
Major General
1500
Rep
5,719
Posts

Drives: 2016 BMW i8
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Monarch Beach

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by whats77inaname
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longboarder View Post
Nice. To be located under the trunk liner with the tire inflation system removed?
Negative. Drivers side of the car where the OEM amp is mounted. Working on the amp relocation portion of it. Situating it there will help counter the weight of the battery. And I don't think I'll have to make any permanent holes to run the hoses. Looking at it, there's a snap in vent on that side of the trunk that I can open up a bit, and is replaceable if I decide to remove it from the car. You won't be able to see the setup at all if the trunk is open. It'll look pretty much stock....or that's the plan, anyway
Very interesting. Would be awesome if you could pull something like that off.

Do you have a blower yet?
__________________
Daily: 2016 BMW i8
Airstrip: 2015 Porsche 991 Turbo S / GIAC FBO Meth 68mm turbos
Track: 2015 Porsche 991 GT3
Utility: 2012 BMW e92 M3 DCT
IG: longboarder949; YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT1...eoFBszPIK0gf9w
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2016, 11:31 PM   #61
whats77inaname
Native Texan
United_States
640
Rep
3,412
Posts

Drives: when at all possible
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Tx

iTrader: (25)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longboarder View Post
Very interesting. Would be awesome if you could pull something like that off.
Already in the works...working on 2 different options atm. Trying to decide if I want to go with the tooling to get a mold made and recoup that cost in a group buy or use an off the shelf unit they have and have the fittings added. Former will yield a 4.5 gallon tank, the latter, 3-3.5 gallons. The company is local, which was surprising, but they are a major player in their space.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longboarder View Post
Do you have a blower yet?


Quote:
Originally Posted by whats77inaname View Post
...to go with the 625++ kit I'm putting together

Last edited by whats77inaname; 08-26-2016 at 11:01 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2016, 11:54 AM   #62
Patrón
PAZUZU
Patrón's Avatar
United_States
513
Rep
2,054
Posts

Drives: '15 M4
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: San Antonio, TX

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
2009 BMW M3  [5.00]
the new design sounds really nice but with the market for meth tanks i'd buy a small three gallon and be done with it. i'm glad you are going with my advice as to avoiding aluminum. I can't wait for the pics if you go custom. We had thought of a flat tank to sit in well for the spare/emergency kit but I didn't want to spend the time and money fabing something for what I could buy less than $300.
__________________

2009 M3 DCT ESS625+ SOLD
2015 M4 BSM/Silverstone F4LCON
@texasMclub IG @jagemoets
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2016, 01:02 PM   #63
whats77inaname
Native Texan
United_States
640
Rep
3,412
Posts

Drives: when at all possible
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Tx

iTrader: (25)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrón View Post
the new design sounds really nice but with the market for meth tanks i'd buy a small three gallon and be done with it. i'm glad you are going with my advice as to avoiding aluminum. I can't wait for the pics if you go custom. We had thought of a flat tank to sit in well for the spare/emergency kit but I didn't want to spend the time and money fabing something for what I could buy less than $300.
I appreciate the heads up you gave me about the aluminum, it is def. playing a big part in how I approach this. My main thing is to try and avoid creating more holes in the car, otherwise I was looking @ the spare tire compartment, too *lol*.
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2016, 01:21 PM   #64
Patrón
PAZUZU
Patrón's Avatar
United_States
513
Rep
2,054
Posts

Drives: '15 M4
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: San Antonio, TX

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
2009 BMW M3  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by whats77inaname View Post
I appreciate the heads up you gave me about the aluminum, it is def. playing a big part in how I approach this. My main thing is to try and avoid creating more holes in the car, otherwise I was looking @ the spare tire compartment, too *lol*.
a tank in the shape of the styrafoam insert would have been awesome but you would have to cut holes in there. if i had to do it over again, i would have just used a simple plastic tank in the two to three gallon range.

hope to see your install pics soon.
__________________

2009 M3 DCT ESS625+ SOLD
2015 M4 BSM/Silverstone F4LCON
@texasMclub IG @jagemoets
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2016, 10:54 PM   #65
ASBSECU E93
Know's a guy that know's a guy...
ASBSECU E93's Avatar
5360
Rep
1,856
Posts

Drives: 2010 335d; 2008 135i
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by whats77inaname
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longboarder View Post
What's up bro. Yeah hose is 3/4 ID. And MRF estimates that about 12-13 feet were used to plumb it from the trunk to intercooler and back.
That doesn't seem like much. Interesting. Working with a plastics company on a stealth trunk-mounted 3-4 gallon polyethylene tank to go with the 625++ kit I'm putting together


Subscribed.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
She stood there. Pointed a finger at me and laughed at me. That damn bitch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
Poop shit, shit and poop. I'm mildly angry now.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2016, 06:57 AM   #66
Properstyle
Major
380
Rep
1,248
Posts

Drives: 2011 e90 ZCP m3
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Miramar, FL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrón View Post
the new design sounds really nice but with the market for meth tanks i'd buy a small three gallon and be done with it. i'm glad you are going with my advice as to avoiding aluminum. I can't wait for the pics if you go custom. We had thought of a flat tank to sit in well for the spare/emergency kit but I didn't want to spend the time and money fabing something for what I could buy less than $300.
what was the issue with just getting an aluminum take?
__________________
2015 F80 DCT Bootmod3 tuned Sapphire Black-DD- Sold
2009 E90m3 Ess 625kit, Test pipes, TTFS tuned- Sold
2011 E90m2 Ess 625kit, active auto x pipe, BPM, DD
2010 C63 Renntech tuned artic white-The wifes DD
1993 300zx 2jz Swapped slicktop- The toy/track car
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:59 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST