BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

12-20-2020, 09:29 AM   #23
Nazty Naze One!
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 M3 E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3peat View Post
Resurrecting this old thread since some time has passed and some new opinions may recommend or confirm a particular endlink. Is there a consensus for which endlink to use with the Dinan bar on stock Suspension? My current dinan endlinks are clunking and the rubber boot is starting to come apart on one of them.

Did the hotchkis endlink work, or is the bimmerworld version best or something else?

Thank you
Go with the hotchkiss a make sure there's no load on the bars. In other words, make sure the car is on the ground completely and evenly. You may want to try an alignment shop. Also make sure the bolts are tightened real well.

Do you have aftermarket suspension?
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2020, 10:41 AM   #24
m3peat
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazty Naze One! View Post
Go with the hotchkiss a make sure there's no load on the bars. In other words, make sure the car is on the ground completely and evenly. You may want to try an alignment shop. Also make sure the bolts are tightened real well.

Thank you. I’ll order some and do as you said. Where did you get the endlinks? I don’t see them on the hotchskis site without the full bar pkg

No, I don’t at the moment but considering an Ohlin coil over system in the next 6-12 months.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2020, 12:26 AM   #25
Nazty Naze One!
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Thank you. I'll order some and do as you said. Where did you get the endlinks? I don't see them on the hotchskis site without the full bar pkg

No, I don't at the moment but considering an Ohlin coil over system in the next 6-12 months.

I think eBay has them. Just get the part number and order from hotchkiss or call them too.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2021, 04:07 PM   #26
Dreamer99
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMM3Y View Post
I had to cut mine down about 3/4" each end of each endlink to make them work for Ohlins RT struts. I have no clunking.
Did you cut the 3/4" off just one end? It looks like there is about 1.5" of threads inside the bar.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-25-2021, 09:39 PM   #27
SAMM3Y
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamer99 View Post
Quote:
I had to cut mine down about 3/4" each end of each endlink to make them work for Ohlins RT struts. I have no clunking.
Did you cut the 3/4" off just one end? It looks like there is about 1.5" of threads inside the bar.
Might have been closer to a 1/2" I'll look for pics, to clarify I cut the rod down not the threads... they'll still be plenty of thread to carry the load at 3/4" just use your discretion for what you need.
      04-08-2021, 12:38 PM   #28
m3peat
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:

My mechanic says these don’t fit, aren’t long enough. Is there something I’m missing?

Specifically he said:
These links won’t work either. It’s too thick and short. It’s almost extended and still doesn’t reach well and threads are short. I’m leaving old ones on
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2021, 03:27 PM   #29
Atomicteal_M3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 AW

Garage List
2007 335i  [9.00]
Quote:
Quote:

My mechanic says these don’t fit, aren’t long enough. Is there something I’m missing?

Specifically he said:
These links won’t work either. It’s too thick and short. It’s almost extended and still doesn’t reach well and threads are short. I’m leaving old ones on
Quote:
Quote:

My mechanic says these don't fit, aren't long enough. Is there something I'm missing?

Specifically he said:
These links won't work either. It's too thick and short. It's almost extended and still doesn't reach well and threads are short. I'm leaving old ones on
The hotchkis endlinks work. I went with Nazty Naze One! suggestion and picked up a set. My Dinan adjustable sway bar was installed about 2 months ago and I have not had one issue with them. Rides lovely. I'm on the middle hole like Dinan suggested.
      04-08-2021, 07:58 PM   #30
Nazty Naze One!
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Specifically he said:
Quote:
Quote:

My mechanic says these don't fit, aren't long enough. Is there something I'm missing?

Specifically he said:
These links won't work either. It's too thick and short. It's almost extended and still doesn't reach well and threads are short. I'm leaving old ones on

Are you using stock suspension?
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2021, 08:55 PM   #31
m3peat
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yes
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2021, 09:05 PM   #32
SAMM3Y
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamer99 View Post
Quote:
Off each end. Sorry missed that.
      04-08-2021, 11:37 PM   #33
Nazty Naze One!
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Yes
It should be able to work with the sway bar links that were supplied by Dinan. What I discussed only applies to those who lowered their cars.
Appreciate 1
      04-09-2021, 02:55 PM   #34
m3peat
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
It should be able to work with the sway bar links that were supplied by Dinan. What I discussed only applies to those who lowered their cars.
Yes, the dinan ones work but clunk and one end shows the rubbing tearing apart. I thought the hotchskis were of better quality, fit stock setup and don’t clunk. That’s why I bought them.

My original question asked if this was considered the best link for the dinan bar and stock suspension.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2021, 04:21 PM   #35
Richbot
Major General
Rep
Drives: Jerez Black E90

I'm pretty sure I'm using these:

320mm-335mm (#TSU9912110)

Turner part.

My car has like 115,000 miles on it with an aftermarket front swaybar and it's almost all been with these endlinks. It's had the Dinan bar on it since my RD Sport bar crapped out

Most of the time was with stock or stock-like struts
      04-10-2021, 10:02 PM   #36
Nazty Naze One!
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Yes, the dinan ones work but clunk and one end shows the rubbing tearing apart. I thought the hotchskis were of better quality, fit stock setup and don't clunk. That's why I bought them.

My original question asked if this was considered the best link for the dinan bar and stock suspension.
Quote:
Quote:
Yes, the dinan ones work but clunk and one end shows the rubbing tearing apart. I thought the hotchskis were of better quality, fit stock setup and don't clunk. That's why I bought them.

The hotchkiss should work fine. Make sure you're following the instructions and removing and load on the links. The floor should preferably be on an alignment rack when doing so.

If you get a good alignment shop to do it they'll set it up properly for you.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2021, 10:55 AM   #37
m3peat
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

If anyone looking at this thread wants a brand new set of the Hotchski endlinks, let me know. I bought them for $105 and they will not fit the Dinan bar with stock suspension. they look solid though.
Appreciate 0