BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

European Auto Source (EAS)

11-21-2010, 11:14 PM   #67
M3_WC
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by m33 View Post
i would do a scan from time to time just to make sure !
why did it take 5 weeks to install the kit ? what makes the process so involved ? puts down serious power , need to do some 60-130
I would guess him living in Florida vs Gintani in SoCal would add some time. Also Gintani is in the process of moving into a new shop. I believe the OP also the car be taken to an independent shop for dyno runs.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2010, 11:18 PM   #68
m33
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 VT650 MCB Individual

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3_WC View Post
I would guess him living in Florida vs Gintani in SoCal would add some time. Also Gintani is in the process of moving into a new shop. I believe the OP also the car be taken to an independent shop for dyno runs.
Understood .. I would have went nuts waiting for my car for that long
I thought 3 weeks was bad waiting for my e90 lol
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2010, 12:42 AM   #69
Ryboy98
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by m33 View Post
i would do a scan from time to time just to make sure !
why did it take 5 weeks to install the kit ? what makes the process so involved ? puts down serious power , need to do some 60-130
I was actually pushing to have my car sent there, I'm impatient that way. They told me they were still not setup completely and it was not the ideal time frame. But, I was going to be in and out of town for a couple weeks and if I didn't send it out by that week I wouldn't have been able to send it until weeks later. I told them to take there time I was in no rush once it was out of my garage. It took I think 4-5 days to get there. When it arrived they told me they weren't going to be able to get to it until the following week because of the construction and cars that were currently there. No big deal, I appreciate the honesty. So the next Monday I received a text saying that they were able to begin the tear down and that things were going ok. I completely understand about construction at one place and moving in and trying to function at an incomplete shop under construction. Been there, done that. So they had to wait a few days for some pieces to come back from powder coat and the new carbon fiber air tunnel and filter cover. i also had H&R Springs and x-pipe installed in the middle of this. The kit went on in one day. They were trying to get the dyno room setup and functional but they were set back again a couple days. Anyway, once the kit was on and the dyno tuning started I told them to take as much time as they needed. I am a believer in every car is different especially with different equipment. Obviously the any tuner is going to be able to fine tune the car better if they have it there and on their dyno. That's the main reason I shipped my car there and told them to take their time.

But I'm sure if I lived in Cali and the construction and move were complete. And had I actually made an appointment, then the process would have been much faster. I completely understand the custom car business, this is not the first car I have shipped to have performance work done. I don't mind the time without my cars I'd rather have them take their time rather than rush through to turn around the vehicle. Oh, I also did have them take the car to the Dynojet which made them miss the window for the transport truck which delayed delivery. Through out the whole process they were apologizing for the amount of time it was taking. I was always assuring them I was in no rush. I know that not everyone has the time but they assured me that this was normally a 2 day job. Just all the different circumstances added up, increased the time that the job took. The way I see it, if you want to play with the big toys, sometimes you have to wait. and this wait was well worth it.

My PBOX came in the mail the other day. I haven't had time to play with it yet, I was in and out of town all weekend. I'm going to try to see what I can do this week if I have some time and try to get some v-box runs with these PS2s, if I have problems with traction I'll try the DPEs and see what happens.

*SOLD 3/2012 *2009 AW 6MT E92 M3 Gintani S/C Stage 2+ 606 WHP, 392TQ SAE Dynojet 93 Pump, Gintani cat-less x-pipe, Gintani Race rear.
DPE SP-C16 20x9F, 20x10.5R Toyo T1R 255/30/20F 305/25/20R
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2010, 11:40 PM   #70
m33
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 VT650 MCB Individual

sweet !
good luck man and be safe
Appreciate 0