BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Track / Autocross / Dragstrip / Driving Techniques

BPM

08-24-2020, 09:49 PM   #1
GewoW
#thatsanicemovebro
Greece
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 LSB/Black 6MT

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [9.34]
Air conditioning AC removal e92 2011

Hey guys

I am aware that since mid 08 the PS pump spins the other direction.

Is removing the AC from a 2011 as simple as buying an older 08 pump and swapping it + smaller belt? Or am i missing something (aka different mounting, incompatibility, etc)?

Any help is appreciated
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2020, 03:35 AM   #2
maicol76
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GewoW View Post
Hey guys

Is removing the AC from a 2011 as simple as buying an older 08 pump and swapping it + smaller belt? Or am i missing something (aka different mounting, incompatibility, etc)?

Any help is appreciated
Many guys ask me questions by message. So I leave an answer here.

Use the PS pump used in a car before May 2008 ( PS Pump after May 2008 have the opposite rotation direction.).
And, one of the two pulleys seems to have been changed for May 2008's pump, but it's too old to remember. Search for it and change it if there is a pulley with a different part number.
Then, choose a proper length belt. That's it. Easy job.

IMO, don't stress out to make and mount additional custom pulleys, just change the PS pump. It's a really simple method and easy way, and can have the same quality as stock.

There were no problems for 3~4 years.
Attached Images

2011 LCI W/DCT / K&N drop in filter / CSF radiator / do88 oil cooler / do88 DCT cooler / Akra Evo / Moton CS 2 way coilover / Wiechers strut bar(F) / ARC strut bar(R) / Alcon Superkit BBK / Tarox rotor / Geoff steel EHPS / Sard carbon-Kevlar GT wing / GT4 carnard / Aim Evo4+G-dash+GT Steering+S/C GP HD / Bride Zeta3 / etc.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2020, 06:18 AM   #3
GewoW
#thatsanicemovebro
Greece
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [9.34]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maicol76 View Post
Quote:
Hey guys

Any help is appreciated
Many guys ask me questions by message. So I leave an answer here.

Use the PS pump used in a car before May 2008 ( PS Pump after May 2008 have the opposite rotation direction.).
And, one of the two pulleys seems to have been changed for May 2008's pump, but it's too old to remember. Search for it and change it if there is a pulley with a different part number.
Then, choose a proper length belt. That's it. Easy job.

IMO, don't stress out to make and mount additional custom pulleys, just change the PS pump. It's a really simple method and easy way, and can have the same quality as stock.

There were no problems for 3~4 years.
Amazing, thank you
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2020, 12:52 PM   #4
GewoW
#thatsanicemovebro
Greece
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [9.34]
I think this is what you are referring to
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-21-2020, 09:32 AM   #5
maicol76
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
I think this is what you are referring to
There is something I didn't tell you, so write it down.
I'm using an underdrive pulley(TMS).
If the steering pump before 05.2008 is used, the diameter of the underdrive pulley that rotates the steering pump can be used in a smaller size like the pulley that rotates the alternator.
The underdrive pulley for PS pump after 05.200 is actually a half underdrive pulley. Because the diameter of underdrive pulley that turns the steering pump is the same as stock.
2011 LCI W/DCT / K&N drop in filter / CSF radiator / do88 oil cooler / do88 DCT cooler / Akra Evo / Moton CS 2 way coilover / Wiechers strut bar(F) / ARC strut bar(R) / Alcon Superkit BBK / Tarox rotor / Geoff steel EHPS / Sard carbon-Kevlar GT wing / GT4 carnard / Aim Evo4+G-dash+GT Steering+S/C GP HD / Bride Zeta3 / etc.
Appreciate 1
GewoW201.50